Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kiarathecat View Post
    Don't like it? Don't play it...

It's a game, and whether you like it or not is of your opinion, Lol.
    If you think Cataclysm is worse than WotLK, it doesn't instantly mean you hate Cataclysm so much that you won't be playing. If I say something random like ''Donkey Kong Country 2 was better than 1!'' it doesn't mean I won't play DKC1.

I can understand why GameSpot gave a lower score, people use your minds, they are looking at what the expansion pack themselves bring.

This means: 1-60 new content is NOT included, they are free, so GameSpot is not looking at it for its rating
    New talents also NOT included, they didn't come with the expansion pack
    Guild leveling, also NOT included as far as I know
    And probably a lot more not coming with the expansion pack

What we do get from the pack is:

- 5 new zones
    - 9 new dungeons
    - 4 new raids
    - level cap increased to 85
    - new battlegrounds
    - archeology
    - worgen and goblin
    - maybe more that I forgot

So my last list is pretty much where Gamepot is looking at to rate the game, and if you look closely, its just what TBC and WotLK gave us also, just a lot less.

I like Justin but Gamespot hasnt been Gamespot since Jeff left.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    to an extent its true. cata only imrpoves upon what wrath created (to a great extent do not get me wrong) with out to much brand new stuff. the key word is brand new.
    Have you not seen any of the brand new quests you can do? Completely brand new and never before in game... Some people are complete cynics and can find the terrible in everything I guess. You can be asinine and look at it as 'only improved upon from WotLK' but if you don't consider the new questing experience practically brand new I really don't even know what to say to you.

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If you think Cataclysm is worse than WotLK, it doesn't instantly mean you hate Cataclysm so much that you won't be playing. If I say something random like ''Donkey Kong Country 2 was better than 1!'' it doesn't mean I won't play DKC1.

I can understand why GameSpot gave a lower score, people use your minds, they are looking at what the expansion pack themselves bring.

This means: 1-60 new content is NOT included, they are free, so GameSpot is not looking at it for its rating

- 5 new zones
    - 9 new dungeons
    - 4 new raids
    - new battlegrounds
    - archeology
    - worgen and goblin

So my last list is pretty much where Gamepot is looking at to rate the game, and if you look closely, its just what TBC and WotLK gave us also, just a lot less.
    Except, judging a game by only partially of what it adds in an expansion is just about the stupidest way you can judge it, especially considering all the work that went into Cataclysm as a whole compared to most MMO expansions. Yes the 1-60 content should be included as well as all changes made in the 4.0 patch because that's part of work done for the expansion. Just because you get it 'free' doesn't mean it should be completely overlooked and disregarded like it's nothing.
    Last edited by sicness; 2010-12-18 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

- 5 new zones
    - 9 new dungeons
    - 4 new raids
    - new battlegrounds
    - archeology
    - worgen and goblin

Pretty sure it's 11 zones.

Hyjal
    3 Zones in Vash'Ir
    Deepholm
    Twilight Highlands
    Uldum
    Tol Barad
    Kezan
    Lost Isles
    Gilneas

Besides, judging this expansion only by the "what buying the box brings" PoV is completely fool ; it's what the game became as a whole with cataclysm expansion. A player who left the game and/or isn't into it yet needs to know what 4.0 brought as much as the box itself. I think.

Also, who plays wow without going to max level (ie, not having the last expansion) ? ;l

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Gamespot doesn't really matter. Tools from the bottom to the top imo

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post
    A difference between 9.0 and 8.5 is the difference between a wipe at 11% health and a kill on Archimonde!
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/world...sm/review.html
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/world...ng/review.html
    to be honest cata has less new content than wrath did at release, specially since its not a new continent and most achievements don't have a followup. either way, reviews and the writers are rarely from a player POV. farming rep and professions is routine and we don't care.

Most of the things that interested me in Cata got scrapped. With Cata's terrible TOC/ICC raid design, I can see why it got lower raiding than WOTLK. At least that had ONE good raid(Ulduar).

Quote Originally Posted by Leodegrance View Post
    These are some of my gripes...

1. Lack of any kind of dailies to work on rep with the factions...oh wait Therazane alone has 6...wtf is that??
    2. Other than grind dungeons at 85 there is absolutely nothing to do...see point #1.GG Blizzz boredom sets in less than a week after launch.
    3. PVP is still the broken ubalanced pile of steaming crap it has always been so that is a no go.

I did every quest in Hyjal then went to Vaish'ir and did all quests there...from there did every quest in all zones only hitting 85 in Twighlight Highlands.So I do not even have much left questing wise to keep myself occupied.In WOTLK I hit 80 in Scholazar and had all of Storm Peaks and Icecrown to still work on when I had nothing else to do.Now I am 85 with nothing to do on that toon during my down times.

This is exactly what i've been saying.

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    the funniest thing is the ppl who are saying cata sucks and STILL play the game . are you ppl masochists?
    If you're refering to me, I never said it sucked. I didn't see one person in this forum say it sucked. I said I liked it a lot, it's just there isn't anything to do except bgs and heroics at lvl 85 if it's not a raid/pvp night/time

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    Cataclysm could use another "Isle of daily quests" hub. Those were fun and always sparked world pvp...I think we need something like that back. As far as people are sitting here complaining about "being raid ready on a non-raid night = nothing to do".....are you exalted with all factions?
    yes
    Have you explored every continent?
    yes
    Have you done the seasonal events?
    yes
    Have you done all the new quests?
    yes on 2 toons
    Are your professions maxed?
    yes on 2 toons
    Does someone in your guild need help with a dungeon or getting gear?
    yes, but usually their are less geared dps ready to take the spot, which i am willing to give as it is more important to gear up the less geared players

The list goes on and on. Dont sit here and tell me this bullshit about "having nothing to do in this game" because this is a MASSIVE ONLINE RPG...You will never beat this game or run out of something to do. period.
    Please give me some more questions. I finished all your content, and while you thought there was a lot and well thought out, I've got nothing to do now.

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Party Wounds View Post
    I'm ROFLing because people are saying how amazing WoTLK was, even though a few weeks ago it was awful. People called this happening weeks ago. now that cata is out, WoTLK all of a sudden is fantastic.
    I never said wrath was amazing. I was one who claimed the people would qq. All I'm asking for is something grindy and monotonous to do at 85 when not raiding/pvping. Living in my white trash town, with -30 degrees out right now limits me in what I am willing to do. Winter is my gaming season.
    Last edited by Penatar; 2010-12-18 at 02:59 PM.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarx View Post
    so just because there is one less new zone than in wrath, that constitutes as not enough?
    I think they mean the 80-85 experience, there are limited options there. While wrath had a few paths to go from 70-80

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    as said before cata didnt add anything brand new but remodeled everything to improve upon what wrath already started
    With regards to raids and dungeons, sure. Cata still brought a whole slew of new quests for levels 1-60, 5 new levels and zones, and 2 new races. Wrath did none of that... so by saying cata didn't add anything brand new makes you seem very stupid.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

I'm in the same boat as Penatar. Cataclysm just happened to be released on my "friday" and I get off work at 6AM so I got home and was 85 on my main by 2PM.(And was still like the 234929482098230th person on my server to hit 85), and since then on non raid days I've logged in about two hours a night and have literally already ran out of things to do on my main. I could just level another one of my 80s, but then in two weeks I'd be out of things to do on TWO characters.

I love many things about Cataclysm, but there is just not enough level 85 content.

All those people saying the shattering wasn't part of cata...go watch the cata announcement trailer and say that again. Just like inscription and glyphs were parts of wrath but added for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    Opinions; we all have them. Sadly, most people are wrong.
    well, that's just your opini... i see what you did there!

10+ Year Old Account
    To destroy this thread

They stated

"Lord of the rings is way better then World of warcraft, Blizzard has NO chance in Lord of the rings" And yet LotR was owned .....

Then when WH came out

The same story ....

The players are the one who say "It's good" not some god damned company who can't play video games ... giving 7.5 to Black Ops .... on PC

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    All I'm asking for is something grindy and monotonous to do at 85 when not raiding/pvping. Living in my white trash town, with -30 degrees out right now limits me in what I am willing to do. Winter is my gaming season.
    Get the aq mount from tol'vir Archaeology
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Deleted
    I just had a quick look at the pros and cons that they had given Cataclysm and I do agree. However I also take the point that to rate a MMORG is, well a bit silly.

With all the new content on the way and that - I do think that the starting zones for the Worgen in the way of Gilneas is AWESOME.

They also put in a lot of thought about how to make the quests more fun.

Better than WOTLK - for me yes, but I can understand if you score against it too.

Why? Because they're casuals
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertaiment
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia View Post
    Get the aq mount from tol'vir Archaeology
    I've been considering it, but oh archaeology is so so boring
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

They didn't include the old world changes. More proof that Gamespot is full of idiots as if the Kane and Lynch affair wasn't enough already.