Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spirit?... Lots of it? Needing help with stats.

Well heres a link to my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../pasque/simple

Basically I'm having issues with healing through bosses. I have read through what is the best use of spells and whatnot and am still learning to manage mana. But I'm wanting to look at my stats as I was kind of blown away that people were saying 2500 spirit is the minimum for heroics?? I'm only 1700 out of combat. I've done what I think I can do to boost that number but just seem to be out of options... I did get myself 20k more mana which is great. I've yet to test this enchant set up that I've made but will tomorrow. I'm just wanting to know what is optimal just to be gear ready for heroics so I know I'm at my best potential for these encounters. And I'm sure my choice of gear is awful but its what I've gathered so far... lol.

Anyways, thanks for the thoughts. I will reply tomorrow and would loooooooove feedback from you guys. Thanks a ton!

Whoever told you 2500 spirit is absolutely insane/wrong. I'm raiding (albeit as a druid, but same idea), and I have 1900 spirit and I'm doing well enough. 1700 is more than good enough for heroics.

But if you really are interested in more spirit, you can get Rainsong which is a low-ish ilevel spirit trinket boe.

Truly the only reasoning (not trolling) is that you're a priest, even after our buffs our mana sucks due to our heals sucking, which means we need to heal more and spend more mana to get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttam View Post
    Truly the only reasoning (not trolling) is that you're a priest, even after our buffs our mana sucks due to our heals sucking, which means we need to heal more and spend more mana to get a result.
    I realize that we are a little behind compared to other healers, but I would not say we "suck." If I use my regen cooldowns correctly and triage (which you should be doing now) I can heal any fight ending with 20k+ mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now maybe it's just that my druid friend hasn't fully adapted to the new healing style, but in a lot of the fights we've seen so far I've been able to keep my groups up better and with much better mana efficiency. That said the movement heavy fights still generally kick my ass, but I've been learning tricks to help me get through them.

As far as 2.5k mana regen, that's insane, way more than you need. Once you get there you really won't have any mana issues anymore. My in combat regen is ~2k and only on the really intense heroic fights do I end up anywhere near oom.

For your actual gear set up you should reforge more of your stuff. I'm disc so I'm not positive on holly stat priorities, but I understand that your mastery is fairly decent to stack and I think it might help your efficiency a tiny bit. Also switching out the int gems in the yellow sockets for int/haste to get that extra spirit will net you 30 spirit at the cost of 40 int, which probably isn't worth it but I'd still look into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Word on the street is that Blizzard is concerned about priest mana issues and there's some kind of fix coming.

Anyway, I have had to get used to using Inner Focus a lot, its very useful now whereas in Wrath it wasn't needed.

You should be fine as long as everyone:

A.) Has good awareness, knows the encounter
    B.) Pulls average or above DPS
    C.) CC's
    D.) Clicks on the lightwell
    E.) Uses defensive cool downs and drops threat when needed
    F.) Helps dispel/cleanse/de-curse when needed
    G.) Is above the bear minimum gear requirement
    H.) Doesn't roll on healing gear (this will make you suffer a strong emotional blow and you may not recover). I'm still trying to recover after that Shadow Priest rolled "Need" on Tear of Blood Heroic.

Deleted
    First off, Reforge EVERYTHING. I've noticed you haven't reforged all your gear.
    Crit -> Haste
    Crit -> Spirit (if possible not sure if it is)
    Mastery -> Spirit
    Hit -> Spirit

Also, your leg enchant, there is a intel- spirit enchant. Also, if you have having issue, try using mixed gems. Intel - Spirit gems are good. Which i believe are called Purified and are purple.

You also said that your that you only have 1700 combat regen, but your link (I can't post links yet since I'm new to the site) is showing 2600?

What spells are you using, alot of our spells are situational.
    Are you using the Inner Will Buff?

Feel free checking out my toon, I've not been having to much issues in heroic. And bc i can't post links you will have to look her up :S EU Eonar Hakaiteki (OT However, my guild tried BWD Magmaw, and Omni and was having some issues. But I believe thats bc we aren't all geared for raids yet.

EDIT: Just went back and looked at your spec, I personally didn't spec into lightwell, mainly bc I cba to teach ppl how to use it. i took instead Surge of Light. with us spamming Heal, surge of light is pretty nice. It makes one of our most powerful single target heals instant, and cost no mana. It seems to proc alot for me. Also maxing out Mental Agility might be a good idea as well. 10% reduction to mana cost of instant spells is nice. And the same for Test of Faith. Since most of the time, the tank will not be at 100% Or at least I've found it's difficult to keep him or anyone at 80%+ anymore, Test of faith allows big crits to happen when ppl are at or below 50%.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mmocbe00007827; 2010-12-18 at 11:15 AM.

I'm at 2347 spirit atm, I'm not raiding yet (extended break ftl), but in heroics I'm not really going even close to oom with dps that know wtf they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakaiteki View Post
    Crit -> Spirit (if possible not sure if it is)
    Mastery -> Spirit
    Hit -> Spirit
    the only way you can reforge for spirit is if the piece didn't already have spirit on it which you wont see very much of because gear good for healers is separated from gear good for dps by if it has spirit or not.

as far as managing your mana through boss fights go... it depends on a lot of things. For example, if the boss casts something that will hit the tank for 60k dmg and it doesn't get interrupted, thats another 60k healing you have to do thus you lose mana. If dps or tanks decide they dont want to move out of fire on the gruond and it ticks them for 30-50k thats another 30-50k healing that needs to be done. I've found when doing a heroic for the 3rd or 4th time it can be harder than when i did it my first time through simply because the dps dont know how to move or interrupt like the last group. basically i mean that its not wotlk anymore and if your having trouble healing it doesnt automatically mean that you suck. maybe you need to get rid of the hunter that wont trap the add thats using chain lightning on everyone

Deleted
    the only way you can reforge for spirit is if the piece didn't already have spirit on it which you wont see very much of because gear good for healers is separated from gear good for dps by if it has spirit or not.
    Touche Teddy - I'm so used to not having things with spirit, due to stupid ranged dps clothies needing Q_Q lol

Deleted
    Your haste seems very little and its also important also your meta if youre a healer its just totally wrong
    i assume you're a shadow priest as ms and trying to heal sometimes? not that they cant but i guess setups are somewhat diffrent
    This is my priest http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/ayani/simple gear maybe a bit diffrent but i stopped having problems
    when i got most of these pieces and the mana restore meta! wich is a must

Touche Teddy - I'm so used to not having things with spirit, due to stupid ranged dps clothies needing Q_Q lol
    I believe only shadow priests benefit from spirit. As far as clothie dps goes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've got 2600 spirit, you need more, maybe not 2600 but a lot more than you have

Get rid of all crit and reforge to mastery or if you still need haste get that. I've got about 8% haste and its enough for me to feel comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You should be fine as long as everyone:

D.) Clicks on the lightwell
    H.) Doesn't roll on healing gear (this will make you suffer a strong emotional blow and you may not recover).
    d) Srsly!!
    h) It's very reasonable to expect Tear of Blood as the healer. I keep losing Spirit gear to mages. That makes me sad :\

Hey guys, thank you so much for the input. I've fixed my meta gem (waiting on guildy to get one out of the bank), and replaced my leg enchant with spirit one, and have reforged everything that was possible ... a couple things aren't as they would take away haste and spirit. Should really help out. I'm excited to test it out! <3

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 04:18 PM ----------

Hey guys just touching base again. I have tried a heroic and went through it WONDERFULLY and had such a blast. It was a PUG and we were able to one shot everyboss and I was able to heal everyone. Never ONCE did I go out of mana. I just wanted to THANK YOU guys!!! You all have literally saved the game for me. I feel like now I can actually move forward and get my raiding stuff done. Woot! Thanks soooooooooooo much.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should get tear of blood from stonecore, that will do even more wonders for you

But yeah spirit is really "the hotness" right now.

I'm totally going to farm for that. I saw that. Looks niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Spirit is quite the "crack" lol! It makes it or breaks it. Its crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive got 1800 spirit now, and I can maintain around 10k sustained healing per second through a 3 minute long fight. If I had the values people are talking about (2,5k+ spirit) I doubt I would ever go OOM unless DPS sucks hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the gear around does not have spirit on it. We were left with no much choice in that category. Even the tailoring gear is without spirit... Plus, shadow priests get hit from spirit, and other cloth DPS will roll because they don't know any better, or don't care that you need it more.