Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Can't please everyone lol. If Blizzard makes it too short to travel places (aka adding flying to old world) people bitch, if the game feels too big, they bitch. Vash'jir is the best zone in game imo. It did feel like they ran out of ideas to fill some of the space though.
    I haven't heard anyone complain about being able to fly in old world and i can think of very little reason why they would, the zone looks cool ive only just started there though i skipped it on my main but it sure does get a lot of hate on these forums

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh so much hate for underwater i guess you people just want to do the same old thing over and over im glad they spiced up wow with that zone its gotten mixed reveiw but hey its mostly people bitching about since they had bad experiences with thge Water temple in legend of zelda which was my favorite temple.(no idea how the hell the comparison happend)
    But like people say opinion is like an asshole everyone has got them.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a lot of fun in Vashj'ir. The scenery was amazing, the quests were inviting, and the whole aspect of 3D combat was 100% win. I hope Blizzard eventually adds an underwater battleground or arena.

One of the best zones in WoW, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    They are all epic in their own way, or rather, they just exist. You're brain based off your particular past and experience will lead you to like or dislike things, this is independent of the object of your consideration which merely is "there" in a certain sense. I liked all the zones and stories but that has as much validity as whether jesus walked the earth or we have been visited by aliens.
    sigh, you're over complicating the experience of a game if you had fun then saying it was fun is valid regardless why youre brain decided "hey this zone is fun"

I loved the zone! Before doing the zone, I was affraid that moving around water that much would feel awkward, but I think they did a fantastic job to make it feel natural
    "6 years of wow, you still haven't learned not to stand in the fire?"

One of the best zones, I liked it very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj'ir was beautifully done, but atrocious to level in.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Everquest had a similar problem with people disliking underwater zones (though let me tell you, EQ's was much worse). I think it's a spacial awareness issue, with some people just better able to adapt to a 3d environment. The distances were fine for me, with really as much travel time as any other quest hub. I think the only issue I had was that due to the 3d environment, and a decision to put quest marks at the entryways to caves relevant to a quest inside, occasionally it was difficult to figure out exactly where I was trying to go, but a little familiarity, and that was generally solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ch1ppr View Post
    i think the zone was completly shit, but that's just my thought
    Agreed, Im not going to even step in that zone until next expansion

I enjoyed the zone, but upon leaving it, it felt really great to be able to breathe again. Felt like I was holding my breath the entire zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj'ir was fantastic. You get a seahorse. That takes the cake.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Yep.
    If they made it perfect, people would bitch about not having anything to bitch about.

OT: I havn't been to Vash'jir yet but from the looks of it, it looks like a large beautiful underwater zone with bad quests? Guess I'll have to find out.
    Still, kudos to Blizzard for making a underwater zone, it's a nice change I guess.
    That just about sums up my opinion.

Worth doing for the Earthen Ring rep, but I'd suggest going back at 85 (like I did on my lock) to just faceroll through the zone in about an hour and a half.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

That underwater zone was epic, especially for a druid. I must have killed over 200 horde between lvl 80-82, if things got rough aka getting death-gripped, i just popped into sea-cow form and booked it

Having mixed opinions about it. It looks great. But they could have done a better job if the q chain was shorter. Especially the Visions.

Deleted
    yeah when i heard about it, I really though it would be horrible, moving around slowly in water, but it was great, especially good to have a new style of gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it a lot more if the underwater controls weren't so akward (sp?).
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

I loved it. From a pvp perspective it took a lot of getting used as melee, the whole being able to move in x,y,z makes it very easy for mages and hunter to kite.

Quote Originally Posted by pootietang View Post
    I loved it too, and the quests weren't that bad although I have to say the naga quests were quite painful at times
    Yeah, especially the ones where you had to kill X amount of Y mob, there are always like 20 other people on the quest and they're all too selfish to invite you to the group to get it done faster

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

Quote Originally Posted by ch1ppr View Post
    i think the zone was completly shit, but that's just my thought
    ^... you didnt get warned by a moderator yet?