Deadmines nightmare mode

I don't see a difference if you fail or not. Did you?

Have to do it in under 5 minutes for the achievment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I you succed : Miss Van cleef has 1 M 600 thousand HP.

If you fail, she has 4 M 200 thousand HP.

As for the loot, If i remember correctly, nothing changes.

And again, if i remember correctly, the only real change is an achievment at the end

10+ Year Old Account
    I had thought if you failed you did not get another chance, but last night when going through the part saving the Worgen's family members we got insta killed.

Either we let one die, or a timer expired on the Nightmare poison. We ran back in, took the transporter to the boat, and there she was.

She may have had increased health, but as long as you take the ropes it seemed pretty much the same.

It's a cool game mechanic on your first try. After that, it only becomes a waste of time. Basically, if you don't want to waste the time you are forced to die twice just to finish the zone. L A M E

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed View Post
    It's a cool game mechanic on your first try. After that, it only becomes a waste of time. Basically, if you don't want to waste the time you are forced to die twice just to finish the zone. L A M E
    Forced to die? No no. You're forced if you want to cheat the dungeon. Also its not really a mechanic. By definition.

I love that part. I love showing people through it. Especially the lighting swirly sticks. EVERY one dies there unless some one shows them the safe way through. Even then they usually die if they aren't quick. It tests something besides your ability to do your rotation or do leet deeps, and I'd LOVE more dungeons with sections like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    This was a completely unexpected fight for me. I knew who I was going to fight, but I had no idea how.

It was awesome. Stop dying at those complaining.

Mario mode dodging the swirling laser beams of death is the BEST part! Also, you can tell who has actually played a lot of Mario games in their day by the comments or just the way they pause/move. It's amusing to see people die within the first one though. Personally, went in there and had no idea what to expect the first time and still lived all while humming the castle theme song from Mario.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2010-12-18 at 08:22 PM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

This made me go Whhhhhaaaaattttt.

It's never popped up on my Random and my Guild members don't single queue. I just... want... to... do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    EVERY one dies there unless some one shows them the safe way through. Even then they usually die if they aren't quick.
    I've seen quite a few rotating sticks in my day. I ran right through first try no problem.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Deleted
    I did this today. It took me 3 hours, 5 tanks and 7 healers.( no exageration what so ever.) Sad thing is, we didn't even defeat vancleef. What aloada bullshit.

The only trick on the beams seems to be you dont have to actually touch them to die, the electricity or w/e arcs. You have to stay slightly behind/ahead to avoid that, cant just hug the beam.

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I did this today. It took me 3 hours, 5 tanks and 7 healers.( no exageration what so ever.) Sad thing is, we didn't even defeat vancleef. What aloada bullshit.
    You made me smile.

Deleted
    My first lightning corridor of death i ran forwards dodging through, and then they did their random start up 200million% speed increase thing for half a second and gibbed me. My IWBTG sense kicked in and i did it the second time half expecting giant cherries to fly out of the wall at me :<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    I've seen quite a few rotating sticks in my day. I ran right through first try no problem.
    Yup, anything from mario to twiddlestix (one of many flashgames!). spinning sticks, and im there!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Especially the lighting swirly sticks. EVERY one dies there unless some one shows them the safe way through. .
    How can someone named Kirby believe that everyone would die on rotating death sticks?

Again, what Mr_Bojangles said.

Ran it today. 4 Guildmates and some pug shaman... The Shaman started crying at our Death Knight calling him squishy and he doesn't know how healers work. Needless to say, after the tank died twice on the first two larger trash pulls... the shaman left. Then, we get another Shaman and one shot everything left.