Thread: What..?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And your comment about crappy cobra shot made me ROFL.....seriously?
    *looks into his mind* I CAN SEE...... COBRA USED IN MM SPEC.... BY THE OP *faints*

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Time-Warden

Let's all put this link in our sig, and pray that the 4th expansion of WoW includes THIS Hero Class! =D

Deleted
    Its clearly possible.
    Heres to World of Logs top recorded dps from Blackwing descent, if you cant work out who you cant do decent dps (not saying everyone is capable of those numbers) then you need to research why, rather than QQing a forum and expecting the answer to be given to you on a plate.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...g_Descent/dps/

Dont just copy spec/rotation. Learn the reasons behind the numbers and youl become a far better player (regardless of spec.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigablast View Post
    *looks into his mind* I CAN SEE...... COBRA USED IN MM SPEC.... BY THE OP *faints*
    That's exactly my point, if you're MM cobra isn't meant for you. It's intended use is for BM and Surv. And in those two specs it out damages steady shot. So, once again, it isn't crap. Check out my surv spec and go a couple rounds on a dummy with it and you'll likely see a significant increase in dps compared to MM. I say that cause in my current gear I parsed them both and Surv proved to be the highest overall dps for me. Not to mention some nice tidbits in that same tree that can be picked up to better yourself in PvP encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz1287 View Post
    That's exactly my point, if you're MM cobra isn't meant for you. It's intended use is for BM and Surv. And in those two specs it out damages steady shot. So, once again, it isn't crap. Check out my surv spec and go a couple rounds on a dummy with it and you'll likely see a significant increase in dps compared to MM. I say that cause in my current gear I parsed them both and Surv proved to be the highest overall dps for me. Not to mention some nice tidbits in that same tree that can be picked up to better yourself in PvP encounters.
    While survival is nice vs other dps in pvp, it gets shot down when a healer is focusing on making your day miserable. All they need to do is keep cleansing your debuffs and if they are a shaman or pally they can focus on chasing you while using instant casts to heal.

This will reduce your damage even more because you can't auto shot without them catching up. And slows don't work that well vs them, the shammy will keep frost shock up so you aren't really moving faster than him, and the paladin has HoF along with the stun that makes them undesirable to have close to you.

BM change to bestial wrath makes me sad, it lost everything it used to stand for . And was it really needed? Shadow priests are still running around with dispersion and a bunch of other short CDs that are powerful, so is the idea of being immune to CC for a little bit really too much for a BM hunter? I mean its a BM hunter, what else does it have to show for in PvP sides BW? Intimidation? Gee thanks, I love the idea of a short stun that gets outdone by the monkey stun.

And currently it seems like you only have one choice for pve and thats Survival. I know its a new expansion, but whats the point of being a pure dps class if only 1 spec is allowed for raiding? Hope we they at least make another spec on par with survival.
    Last edited by MortalWombat; 2010-12-18 at 10:08 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will say this though

Anyone tried MM/BM up against SV in a pve Environ? whats the difference between em atm?

I would check but gametime ran out... wups

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Time-Warden

Let's all put this link in our sig, and pray that the 4th expansion of WoW includes THIS Hero Class! =D

You sir, should maybe perhaps look at some WoL's and some wowmeteronline to see that hunters are kinda the top dps in PvE right now, and not by a small amount either, but rather a lot.

Pvp wise hunter-meh
    pve wise hunter-MAthematically the best class in game right now and least skill required atm

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roww View Post
    You sir, should maybe perhaps look at some WoL's and some wowmeteronline to see that hunters are kinda the top dps in PvE right now, and not by a small amount either, but rather a lot.
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/dps/11/0/3
    technically locks are doing better in 25 man, hunters are better in 10 man (smells we'll be owned in few month by scaling) but this is a small difference, much better then Mages/Wars in ICC

You trollin'.

The only ones who beat me in PvP without outplaying are Ferals, Arms and Frost Mages.

You can't complain unless you're a Disc or Holy Priest.

Hunters and DKs are currently top dps. If you're seriously saying we're bad... you need to learn how to properly play.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter's QQ'ing about their Heroic/Raid DPS makes me LOL to myself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Hunters and DKs are currently top dps. If you're seriously saying we're bad... you need to learn how to properly play.
    Truth

<3 Tich

You're really bad. Cobra Shot is a lot different than Steady shot. I pull top DPS in every group, with more focus regen than I know what to do with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggothir View Post
    PvE in Cata hunters = why bother.
    Survival Hunters have two CC's.

Stop bitching.

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 02:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unrully View Post
    Ranged QQ'ing about their Heroic/Raid DPS makes me LOL to myself.
    i fixed that for you

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Survival Hunters have two CC's.

Stop bitching.
    3 if there's a beast :P

Lol what? I had a go on my mates hunter today and i managed to get 9k dps just by. Serpant stinging + Cobra shotting.

10+ Year Old Account
    survival huntard pve damage is amazing...i can pull 10k dps (sometimes) on single target bosses at lvl 83 and half my gear is green
    Everyone is guilty.

What happens if Pinocchio says : "My nose will grow"...?

Quote Originally Posted by Daggothir View Post
    Oh and please don't reply and try to explain what's going on if you're one of those hunters out there who think Cata is the greatest thing ever. You're wrong.
    Well, thats your opinion. The hunters in my guild are having no such trouble as you are talking about. Maybe it's a L2P issue or you simply don't like the new hunterstyle. Just don't think that just because YOU think hunters now sucks, doesn't mean that others think likewise.

I have to agree with the general consensus here. Survival hunters are amazing. I've had Cobra shot crit for upwards of 16k in a five minute environment. I have two very reliable forms of CC, I have very powerful AOE damage, amazing mobility, and trapping has only become even easier now that I can camouflage to get closer to the group to better position where the trap will land while hitting another mob with my sting. Having so much utility, mobility, and damage output is amazing and fun.

When I was in stonecore while leveling, as survival of course, I even had my pet tank the last 20% of the Ozurk boss and brought him down on my own. It was a great feeling kiting him around.