10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.

Merry Christmas! You get a DK wartools.

Since my guildies are sick of me asking, I now refer to you- the forum dwellers, trolls, and genuinely curious- to relay feedback and review on the matter.

http://www.war-tools.com/t71379.html

Feel free to criticize, question, or create suggestions for the material here, or vote on it there.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

15+ Year Old Account
    after a brief look through i really like the idea of the Blood tree spawning a blood beast, maybe the healing part is a bit OP since Blizz have been phasing that out. DK cauterize is a bad idea and way too OP since you can counter it by simply not attacking, it would be like Mages losing 12.5% of their HP for every second they are casting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    after a brief look through i really like the idea of the Blood tree spawning a blood beast, maybe the healing part is a bit OP since Blizz have been phasing that out. DK cauterize is a bad idea and way too OP since you can counter it by simply not attacking, it would be like Mages losing 12.5% of their HP for every second they are casting.
    Okay... so maybe add something that makes you take double damage as well?
    Cause you still take damage from other sources while "Cauterized".
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2010-12-18 at 10:00 PM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

15+ Year Old Account
    i just wouldn't recommend persuing that path, DKs already came back from death once and we all know how that turned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Pallies bubble heal, or LoH, or pop Ardent Defender. Mages cauterize and iceblock. Rogues cheat death. If we're the anti-pallies, why shouldn't we be allowed to do the same?
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2010-12-18 at 10:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i don't believe pallies can use Divine Shield then LoH themselves as LoH was changed to give Forbearance when used on yourself. it may have changed though, but i doubt it since LoH CD was actually reduced. your talent just says '...100% of all direct damage you deal to the offending target is dealt to you as shadow damage.' sure you can still be taking damage from other sources but you can just switch targets and be immune to the recoil while continuing to bring the pain with no downside to the healing effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. So just "100% of direct damage you deal is dealt to you as shadow damage" then?

15+ Year Old Account
    no, because DKs already returned from the dead once and again, you can counter it by just not attacking for 6 seconds. it should either be exactly the same as the mage's or not exist at all for balance issues. my opinion is that it's a bad idea to start with anyway.

I think that this is an awesome talent tree. Blizzard should just take this and add it into the game IMHO.

What talent are you guys talking about because I feel like I keep missing it,
    Last edited by trev1776; 2010-12-18 at 10:28 PM.

Just out of curiosity, but what's the use of your wartools? Is it about showing Blizzard what they did wrong? Is it about creating custom talents for your kickass private server? I really fail to see the intention behind these talent-tree things other than "look I'm so much better than blizz, comment my awesome talents".

I dunno, but maybe that's just me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Just out of curiosity, but what's the use of your wartools? Is it about showing Blizzard what they did wrong? Is it about creating custom talents for your kickass private server? I really fail to see the intention behind these talent-tree things other than "look I'm so much better than blizz, comment my awesome talents".

I dunno, but maybe that's just me...
    Simply put? Boredom.
    I work on the wartools in the downtime, when someone DCs or while waiting in a queue after all my dailies are done.
    It's easier to put these down in the wartools and ask a friend in game to check the interwebz than it is to write up talents on paper and ask friends irl who may or may not play WoW to review it.
    They're just ideas of mine that I put down because... I don't know why. Maybe on the offhanded and extremely unlikely chance that someone high up in the DK community will bring up some of my ideas to Blizz in the forums or something. Or maybe the impossible chance that the devs will go looking for suggestions.
    Don't really need a reason for to think aloud though, right? :P

Though it would be awesome to have my own private server. Oh well.

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by trev1776 View Post
    I think that this is an awesome talent tree. Blizzard should just take this and add it into the game IMHO.

What talent are you guys talking about because I feel like I keep missing it,
    Plague Feeding, which I have since adjusted... SoulPoetry puts up good points. :P
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2010-12-18 at 10:36 PM.

Haha, just as I thought, like 10y ago when I was still high on Dungeons and Dragons and designed a complete campaign for at least a year worth of playtime (1x 5h per week) just to have no one ever see it. *g*

It's really hard to hit the sweet spot between overpowered and plain useless while trying not to copy others abilities.

Don't mind me, I don't want to derail the thread any further, keep the discussion rolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Haha, just as I thought, like 10y ago when I was still high on Dungeons and Dragons and designed a complete campaign for at least a year worth of playtime (1x 5h per week) just to have no one ever see it. *g*

It's really hard to hit the sweet spot between overpowered and plain useless while trying not to copy others abilities.

Don't mind me, I don't want to derail the thread any further, keep the discussion rolling
    Yah, pretty much that mindset. XD
    Feel free to stick around though. :3

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 09:26 PM ----------

Anyone else then?

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 09:45 PM ----------

Just had an idea.
    What if I switched Plague Feeding to consume the disease effects on all targets within X yards when you take damage that would kill you, and heal you for Y% of your max HP per disease consumed?
    That would be original and strangely balanced (your life at the cost of your damage-dealing, just like Death Pact)...
    If need be, I could keep the effect that damages you...
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2010-12-19 at 05:45 AM.