10+ Year Old Account

Destro locks and Healers

Hey guys thought id ask some opinions on this topic. I've recently hit 85 on my warlock and i feel a little gimped against healers, and no i dont want to play affliction or demo.

I enjoy the destro play style to much but what my problem is basically, is dispel. healers are now smart enough to dispel my immolate and now that all healers can remove magic it has totally gimped me i dont know if gear scaling makes it any more bearable and also im running oom alot faster but ofc that was announced with cataclysm.

I have tried everything i can shadowfury after immo to get off my conflag but then straight after they are out of stun its heal dispel i can maybe get off an incinerate if tried chaining CC together and get off a full round but when they are on cd i just dont have the punch to finish them.

I have a succubus out at all times for the CC and whiplash when i am stunned i can easily shadow burn and get my felpup out but in a Bg situation im usually a prio target so between kiting CC'ing and anything else i feel my role isnt sustained as it should be.

But my main concern is in arena i was thinking of going Destruction Disc for 2v2 but with Los and dispell i feel like im just gonna fail, anyone have any input on this or do you think blizz has just kinda broken the warlocks destro mechanics in pvp?

(Also sorry if i repeat or babble)
    Last edited by Trixie; 2010-12-19 at 01:03 AM. Reason: missed out oom

Sig by Cocoacross ~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Hey guys thought id ask some opinions on this topic. I've recently hit 85 on my warlock and i feel a little gimped against healers, and no i dont want to play affliction or demo.

I enjoy the destro play style to much but what my problem is basically, is dispel. healers are now smart enough to dispel my immolate and now that all healers can remove magic it has totally gimped me i dont know if gear scaling makes it any more bearable and also im running oom alot faster but ofc that was announced with cataclysm.

I have tried everything i can shadowfury after immo to get off my conflag but then straight after they are out of stun its heal dispel i can maybe get off an incinerate if tried chaining CC together and get off a full round but when they are on cd i just dont have the punch to finish them.

I have a succubus out at all times for the CC and whiplash when i am stunned i can easily shadow burn and get my felpup out but in a Bg situation im usually a prio target so between kiting CC'ing and anything else i feel my role isnt sustained as it should be.

But my main concern is in arena i was thinking of going Destruction Disc for 2v2 but with Los and dispell i feel like im just gonna fail, anyone have any input on this or do you think blizz has just kinda broken the warlocks destro mechanics in pvp?

(Also sorry if i repeat or babble)
    I'm with you on this one. Everytime I try to cast conflag my immolate is gone. I've come to the conclusion that either we all force ourselves to play affliction, or we learn to spam incinerate. Both not very appealing to me, not that I don't like affliction, I just love destro.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Your doing it wrong. Although it is true they can now easily dispel your immolate (all healers that is) you should learn to control them to get your burst out, which is the great thing about being a caster. You can't expect to drop healers anymore with 1 gcd like wrath or 4.0 patch. Also, for 2's you will have a much, much easier time as affliction since you want to roll with a healer, and you can keep pressure on them even when you can't cast on them.

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    Your doing it wrong. Although it is true they can now easily dispel your immolate (all healers that is) you should learn to control them to get your burst out, which is the great thing about being a caster. You can't expect to drop healers anymore with 1 gcd like wrath or 4.0 patch. Also, for 2's you will have a much, much easier time as affliction since you want to roll with a healer, and you can keep pressure on them even when you can't cast on them.
    The issue with being able to control them is if we go for the healer first i can't put immolate and fear on him. The initial damage from immolate will break the fear. And before responding I should have seen you say "drop healers in 1gcd". very lols worthy. The only class that could do that is mage. You do know this is a warlock post right?
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Have you actually tried recently? While it's true that Immolate would break fear instantly in the 4.0 patch, it's different now. Immolate's initial damage can't break fear with our big health pools. I can keep someone feared with UA on them for the full 10 seconds sometimes, and I know Immolate's initial damage isn't that high.

I like Destruction a lot but it's quite true that Affliction is just much better at the moment. Destruction may shine again when we get bigger mana pools.

Hm i dont really know what is this, but i' ve also the same problem...
    Wanna be a destro lock!!! Its crazy that every other class has dispels barriers etc... just we not... Cant even hanlde a single mage, sometimes a rogue..
    This cant be, that one of the best ( if not the best ) burst dpser cant kill any other char. Healers just laugh at me while i run out of mana and get killed...
    Blizz Why did you throw us in the corner and why have you given so much power to others???? (not even the 12% dmg would crack this...) :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Get them down to about 3/4 health Shadowfury them Fear them Burst them fast with a death coil follow up. And try to mop up during the DC duration other than that...it a toughy.
    Last edited by Natrii; 2010-12-22 at 12:51 AM. Reason: dashes are not slashes >.<

U know, try twin peaks as a destructo... Its like WSG but worse, alot worse.....aliance gets wtfpwned in 3 minutes worse.....ya they can dispell just about everything now.. Its lame cas now the best DoTrs are shadow priests and dks blizz killed warlock pvp temporarily