Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

DPS, do you think heroics are hard?

Just a curious question. Do you find heroics to be hard? And if yes, why?
    Hi

Deleted
    No once u learn tacs and have a good 'working' relationship with ur fellow CCers and tank. Yes if u have a crap tank or are using LFG finder on your own....

Yea they're challenging, which is a good thing.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are hard, perhaps a hair too hard. I remember being bad at wrath dungeons back in the day (even dying to Ingvar in UK). Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed with what I have to do, especially with the Altarius in VP and Corborus in Stonecore. I'm not one to die standing in fire or to shadowcrashes but dodging tornadoes/frostbreath and trying to find the sweet zone is ridiculously hard esp as a caster. Corborus is just a nightmare if I'm the best aoe (chicken) in the party because of the CD on starfall and the ridiculous mana cost of hurricane, I can't get all the shards down on my own.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

If you're in a bad group, yes. But in a good group, hard isn't the word I'd use. I'd say 'challenging'. And this is a VERY good thing.

They're hard but in a good way. Besides, once you get it down, it's not too hard. Just need a good group.

Nope, even with random groups they're rather simple(people are already starting to adapt tbh). I find them rather slow paced(slow pace does not equal hard) since some of the longer ones take about 20 minutes longer than they should. Now with that being said, i do not think they are too easy like the wotlk ones, they're a nice difficulty, not to hard, not to easy.

EDIT: me being a hunter and using traps and utilities etc.
    EDIT2: not even an experianced hunter(created him during wotlk, played in tbc tho)
    Last edited by arons4; 2010-12-19 at 03:34 AM.

TBH, no, they aren't that hard. It's not a ROFLSTOMP WotLK dungeon, but they aren't that hard.

Deleted
    Can't say I do, but almost always I go with friends/guildmates and with proper cc and interrupts it's no problem at all.
    On the other hand I wouldn't call them easy either. I think they're fine the way they are right now where if everyone knows what they're doing it will go well, but you will be punished otherwise.

Deleted
    It's the players you play with that currently define the encounters difficulty. Thats how it should be

Quote Originally Posted by Phenex View Post
    It's the players you play with that currently define the encounters difficulty. Thats how it should be
    This, although the people i meet through randoms seem to be adapting to the changing difficulty of dungeons quite nicely, havent gotta really bad dungeon for long.

They should be tuned up... there's no reason I only ran 1 84-85 instance on the 7th, then started Heroics first thing Wednesday morning when I woke up and only had a handful of issues with figuring out strats and healer mana occasionally when we screwed up.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    If you're in a bad group, yes. But in a good group, hard isn't the word I'd use. I'd say 'challenging'. And this is a VERY good thing.
    This, pretty much.

If you're in a group with bad members, it'll probably be hard. But if you're in a good group, with people who listen and don't rush, Heroics will be challenging at first, and then medium difficult later.

Of course, if you do random Heroics then it's always a chance you'll end up with either of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find Heroics Hard... Once you get to know them and get used to them it feels like Wrath again other then the fact you're not AOEing and Healer's mana matters. But it feels just as easy.

No, they're not. They're probably just as easy as WotLK ones IMO. The only thing that makes Cataclysm heroics "hard" are the bad players you group with. If you're with a group of decent players, heroics are faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    No, they're not. They're probably just as easy as WotLK ones IMO. The only thing that makes Cataclysm heroics "hard" are the bad players you group with. If you're with a group of decent players, heroics are faceroll.
    Thing is, there are mechanics that kill you if you fuck up, in wotlk you could fail again and again and not die.

They're a challenge.
    Not -hard- hard unless your group is abysmal, and sadly good DPS cannot carry bad tanks and healers.

challenging, which is excellent

On my lock I think they are too easy even with 1 dps always slacking but the tanks make up for that, I'm almost 85 on my shammy so I'll try healing and doing them as enhance but yea, ranged dps is quite easy and boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Just a curious question. Do you find heroics to be hard? And if yes, why?
    not, they are easy, as long as you don't play with braindead people.