10+ Year Old Account

Opinions about Hit Cap & Precision

I need some opinions about this, can't find any research on it on EJ..

With gear the way it is, it's obviously near impossible to reach 1332 hit to cap your spell hit. In full heroics gear, I'm sitting just shy of being 2% away from cap (1.92% - 1135 hit total).

Anyone done any research on if running a 31/3/7 build would be more appropriate if you can't cap your hit? With the EP value of spell hit, it seems like it would be a higher DPS increase than an extra 10% Mutilate/Backstab damage to me.

Not sure where you're getting the 'nearly impossible' from. I don't have any raid gear, although I do have 208 hit from my engineering helm.

I'm at 1334 hit with only one piece of gear being 333, the rest is 346 heroic or 359 crafted/rep gear. Also only 2 of my reforges are from crit->hit, I have quite a few that are reforged to Haste or Mastery.

So no, I think the extra 10% Muti/BS damage is worth more than the 2% hit from the talent. The extra BS damage in paticular given that at 35% and less you'll be spamming it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unrully View Post
    I need some opinions about this, can't find any research on it on EJ..

With gear the way it is, it's obviously near impossible to reach 1332 hit to cap your spell hit. In full heroics gear, I'm sitting just shy of being 2% away from cap (1.92% - 1135 hit total).

Anyone done any research on if running a 31/3/7 build would be more appropriate if you can't cap your hit? With the EP value of spell hit, it seems like it would be a higher DPS increase than an extra 10% Mutilate/Backstab damage to me.
    No, they already figured out that it isn't a dps increase. I made up a gear list that you can probably find in my post list that shows a gear setup that will get you basically right on the cap. Also reforging.