Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 48 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the night before ZG was removed I decided to go give her one more go. i was never very dedicated maybe 20ish ZG runs since TBC, but since it was getting removed i figured i ought to. the raptor actually dropped, and it was the mount i had wanted since ZG first came out but never raided back then. i was pretty happy, but i will admit i'm a little jealous when i see the tiger around.

Deleted
    I got the Fiery Warhorse on my first run, quite honestly I was shocked. Then I freaked a little xP
    Raven Lord took about 27 runs, then it dropped again for a buddy I ran through it with.
    Swift White Hawkstrider took 17 runs, and about 5 on my lvl 73 hunter with the help of a friend.
    Razzashi Raptor after about 20 odd, never managed to get the tiger though...
    Rivendare's Deathcharger after 73 but I don't even play that char anymore.

Havn't got an interesting stories but I think i'm lucky to have all those mounts. Nothing in Cata has dropped for me yet.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    My toon Olsk on Frostmourne just got the Pureblood Fire Hawk on our guild's 2nd Rag kill not sure how many people have seen it on live or how rare it is but guildies where urging me to post on mmo but I cant post urls or images
    If you want to check it out I think I will be hovering around the trade district bank for a while

My guild just cleared Al'Akir 10m on Normal. So we have two agility drops + the mount, and only one is needed. On the DE roll for cloak which was not needed, our druid tank rolled a 97, which would've been good enough for the mount roll (winner won with an 84). Anyways he raged in vent for awhile, and then rolled again after the roll for lols and rolled 100... >.<

after nearly 70 anzu kills finaly got the mount was worth doing it every day

My wallet got me the Swift Zulian Panther today. 20k gold well spent

Deleted
    Used to run UP every day in a hope of getting the mount on my main, first run I went on my DK I got it, I cried with sadness and happiness at the same time.

On my alt priest, first attempt i did Headless Horseman back in TBC I got its reigns. Was pretty happy about it and i thought it was awesome to have a mount that ran through the air
    When call of arms on heroic dungeons became aviable i thought i'd try it. Said priest alt then got the White hawkstrider from the satchel..the very first time!
    Same alt priest were in a raid where we downed Al'akir. It was the second time i had killed Al'akir on my priest. The drake of the south wind dropped, a raid roll, and i won it
    (at this point i think there is something very very wrong with my priest)
    On my hunter main on the other hand back in wotlk.. I farmed, and farmed and farmed for that Time Lost Proto Drake. Several days being up from 9 in the morning to 3 in the night (with some breaks ofc) but no luck. I eventually gave up on the idea. Several months later i had an argent tournament quest that required me to get some eggsacks from jormungars in strompeaks. I always had track dragonkin on even tho i always knew i wouldnt see anything. Suddenly i see a red dot where i know no dragon should be. I see the Timelost and attacks him in the air, almost dying from my fall. To my releaf he didnt do that much damage to me or my pet. Killed it and had to pinch myself to see if i was awake. I was lucky for the second the drake died a nightelf flew by and stared at the corpse. I would love to know what he was thinking... I flew a few rounds around Stormpeaks to show off =P
    Pokemon Y Friendcode, PM if you wanna add: 3797-7990-5163
    IGN: GLITCH

Let's see...I'd just hit 85 on my Rogue the other day and finally (after some hairpulling to cheat the damn system) was able to pug ZG with 3 other guildies (also first time ever visiting the new ZG as my main needed nothing from them at all). Won a very nice raptor mount first time ever in the new ZG

The 1st time I ran Heroic Vortex Pinnacle (5th time overall) the drake dropped on my Shaman and I won the roll with a 84. Some pally rolled a 83 I bet he was pissed.

Deleted
    I was awarded the Armored Polarbear after doing the Hyldnir Spoils quest a total number of 1 times.

A guildie had worked on it for a solid year or so, ever since Wotlk came out. And I stumbled across the quest once during the end of it and was bored enough to do it.

And there it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran ZG one night to get my Thekal's and Arlokk's Grasp for the cool 2set Tiger xform proc. Ended up getting both the Zulian Tiger and Razzashi Raptor in the same run.

And another time was running H.MgT with my friend. I was trying to get the white choccobo for a week. It finally drops, he ninjas it from me. Then a week later he switches mains. Such as fucking asshole move.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

Alch mount count? Well my friends and brother for my birthday farmed all the supplies for it on the first week and gave it to me as a surprise gift. twas awesome.

I had run some SHs for the Raven Lord for a few times with guildies and the like back in the day, for flight forms and such, and had never seen it drop. Then, upon hearing that you no longer required a druid to fight the boss, I decided to give it a whirl and soloed the dungeon. I almost peed myself when I saw it on my first solo run! It's one of my favorite mounts, and I have a lot!

I was also fishing in Northrend one day during LK, I think either doing a daily or just collecting fish for some buff food and I was literally thinking to myself, "Man, wouldn't it be cool if I got that turtle? It's so cute!" and then not a minute later [Turtles All The Way Down]! I was ecstatic!

And for COUNTLESS weeks I was after the White Hawkstrider, and after a handful of orbs and at least three phoenix hatchlings, I was becoming frustrated. I mentioned this to a guildie and he decides to go in and give it a shot. Of course, it isn't long before I see in guild chat [Reins of the White Hawkstrider] or whatever. He quickly sends me a "Please don't hate me!" tell!

10+ Year Old Account
    right before cata hit when rogues got a hot i thought id give the raven lord a go seeing how i didn't need a druid anymore.. got it on my 3rd try.
    i ran strat a bunch for Baron's mount...finaly gave up. Months later i was working on my argent dawn rep.. did the quest to go kill baron... mount droped
    i got the turtle a couple mounts ago during the fishing derby... lost the derby though

I don't have many rare mounts. I have the Brewfest Kodo, me and 4 other guildies were running it on all our alts and we all agreed that no alts can roll. First one drops and guess what happens, some girl rolls on her alt and wins, everyone gets mad and she says "I told you guys this is my new main!" a month later she never played that toon again.

Later that week I helped another guildy and it dropped, they let me roll and I got it Thanks Zyana

Else than that I've never seen a ZG mount drop or.. anything other.

Edit: Oh! I got the turtle mount from fishing. A good 5-10 people in my guild were fishing for it when it came out, I flew down there to fish and make fun of them and it got it in 30ish minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a story worth telling.

2 days ago ashes dropped from TK again. I lost it by 2 in the roll.

The player that won sold it for $400 US.

/cry

Thats 5 times now

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    268 stratholme runs for deathcharger's reigns.

Over 300 Sethekk hall runs no mount.. they allow every class to summon 4 people in guild get it within a couple days, I Quit running sethekk halls.

rivendares charger - had been farming that mount for almost a week and a half straight (aroun 14 hours a day). the day i got it i still hadent been to strat yet, when one of my closest friends asked me for help to go to some BC dungeons and hcs for her achievs and some other stuff. so after 2 hours of helping her , i made my way to start and wouldnt you know it it droped on the first kill of that day right after i helped my friend. goes to show ya good things hapen to good people
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.