Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 26 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well seeing I already have most of the mounts people are mentioning, I would have to many stories to tell.

So just go to Raogrimm - Silvermoon US

That is the result of little end game raiding, and an insane focus towards mounts, pets, reputation, and quest completion.

In other words, anything that has no statistical value.

I just come back to the game, join a guild with a bunch of friends. First run in Onyxia's Lair (25m) the Ony mount drops and I win with a 100 roll over a 99 roll.

Score.

I managed to get the Zulian Tiger only a few weeks before Cataclysm's release, and it was on my main! thank fuck.

Got the brewfest ram at start of wotlk, never used it.

Got baron rivendares mount a week after my tiger aswell so not much use for it ^^

So im quite lucky with mounts but i tell you what, when it comes to legendary's my luck is insanity. First MC run, eye drops, i win, first BT run glaive drops, i win, 5th MC run bindings drop, i win.

My favorite thing about my Swift White Hawkstrider on my Draenei protection warrior:

I was in a role-playing guild at the time, and the sight of humongous-me in full plate, on this scrawny little chicken, jumping off of steps and ledges, "trying to crack the wishbone," gave some of my guildies fits.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend played WoW for 3 weeks,leveled a character to 80,went to a TK pug,the mount dropped and he rolled 100 on it.

I really wished him death when he told me that after farming it since tbc.

Fucking bastard didn't even realize how rare that thing is

a magical trick I learned when going for something rare:

GIVE UP.

no seriously, this strategy works every time.

don't stop doing what you're doing to get it, just push it out of your mind why you're doing it. The second you have completely forgotten what your objective is even exists, it will drop.

worked for my sea turtle, rivendare's mount, green proto, and countless more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    a magical trick I learned when going for something rare:

GIVE UP.

no seriously, this strategy works every time.

don't stop doing what you're doing to get it, just push it out of your mind why you're doing it. The second you have completely forgotten what your objective is even exists, it will drop.

worked for my sea turtle, rivendare's mount, green proto, and countless more.
    This. I've been lucky and got some stuff before I had time to give up, but most stuff I got when the only reason I did my daily routine was that it was my daily routine, not because I had a chance on some mounts.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    I had been drooling over the Raven Lord mount for aaaages. Being a warrior I had to poke friendly druids to go with me, and generally I was too nice to have the heart to ask such a favor. (i'm a weakling) When patch ??.?? (seriously can't remember) hit which allowed all classes to kill Raven Lord due to not having to spawn him anymore I started to go on a daily basis. I didn't skip a single day but was very stubborn. On the 72nd say it finally dropped. Totally worth it.

Got the Blue proto drake from utgard pinnacle first time in there on my priest and won with a roll of 30. First and only time I have ever seen it drop.

I got green proto first egg, got tlpd day I ding'd 80, had to fight back a rogue a shammy and a dk to get it. Got deathcharger on 11th run, got anzu on my first. 5 days for the white bear, 8 runs for the zg zaptor.

Deleted
    I've got quite loads, but the most notable would be the actual "farm" for the Spectral Tiger.

I knew some dude that had it, and wanted to sell it quite cheap (150k). However, he would come online *somewhere* the next day. In the end it was at a totally fucked up time, and so I didn't sleep for about 48~ hours, just to get this damn way-to-awesome mount.

Ashes of Al'ar, on the other hand, was fun. We went to TK for the 0393049 time, and I simply decided to put in on Group Loot, "It wouldnt drop anyway". And yes, ofcourse it did. .. Owell, I got it now ^^.

The ZG Raptor was one of my first rare mount, if not THE first; I can't actually remember. All I know is, that this platform next to the stairs of Bloodlord mandokir helped me ALOT as a Warlock. It was quite a pain to actually solo him back then (= start of WoTLK)

Also a fun one, in my feeling, was Rivendares charger. I've killed Rivendare about 30 times on my lock, but a big 60+ on my druid. No drops, bah. So I went on and farmed some Shen'Dralar rep. As we all know, Shen' requires Frayed Abombination Stitchings; yup yup Stratholme again. So there I went, reached the Abombs, looted some and ofcourse killed Rivendare. BOOM. Mount.

And so I think I've got a story for all of the 125 mounts, oh.. Gotta love them mounts. Now, let's farm Mimi's head to complete another collection item.

boosted my alt on my friends acc in strat.. BAM mount for my lock he is still lvl 70 tho im too lazy to lvl -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Wormhole Generator to Storm Peaks got Flame Lev solo run for engineering parts.

Zone into Storm Peaks - Bam Time-lost flying just above me.

Was the only person there at the time so I followed him for a while before I killed him.

Few jealous people on my server on that one. ^^

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

pre cata i was an avid mount collector

i farmed ZG every reset since just after ZG was implimented.. i lost the roll on 8 tigers pre 80 until i could solo it, (the last one to a guy whos first time it was in ZG and didnt know of the mount .. i screamed n yelled at puter alot hahah) .. eventually 3 weeks before ZG was lost it dropped ... i was so very happy i did a little dance... never did see a raptor though, not once.

other mounts have been a pain also .. Barons 352 runs (i have addon to count lol) though i did get it on my 60 twink on 2nd boost run .. TLPD i spent months camping 12+ hours parked there or tracking its FP .. never even saw a corpse

i've since given up collecting stuff due to less time to play but am still farming my 2nd binding (got first in vanilla pre AQ) i swear im cursed lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my toon has 121 mounts but yea the mount that shock me and i grabbed was the Zulian tiger i was bored told a buddy of mine if he was down to hit up ZG and bamn i roll a good 100

Strath-Mount: 58-times before the nerf, and in the 19th run after the nerf i got it
    ZG-Mounts: XX-times - no mount. Then i decided to ask a friend to go for the clear-achievement and he came with a hunter alt = ZG-Tiger and my friend rages, that he didn't came with his main

Deleted
    i have the annoying tendancy towards getting alle the cool (event) mounts on the alts i use the least of all.. Headless horseman steed, brewfest ram & kodo, polar bea, all those buggers

i probably have 100+ kills for zg mounts over the years, i farmed for 4-5 months after coming back to wow, FIRST fkin time i went on my warrior alt the tiger drops.... i was happy and mad at the same time.
    few month later i got the raptor on my main tho but never got the tiger on that... over 1year of every reset.
    was rather lucky on Kara mount only used 15-20 runs for it, same with mgt and ravenlord.
    also, i was farming for rivendaremount few days after 3.0 patch that introduced achievements, and a friend wanted to tag along for strat achievement and it was his first time ever entering stratholme, needless to say it dropped he rolled 3, and i rolled 2.............

10+ Year Old Account
    I've killed Kael 8 times in HMgT. 2 mounts and 2 mini pets. I went in there for the trinket originally.

Deleted
    I got my Anzu after 57 runs
    Got both the fozzilized raptor and the Ultramarine Battle Tank from Archeology
    Got the Swift white hawsktrider after around 30 runs
    Got both the Brewfest mounts
    Got the Green Proto Drake
    Got the Blue Drake
    Got the Black Drake
    Got the Grand Black War Mammoth
    Got the Red Qiraj Battle Tank

Even after running ZG untill Exalted by only killing Bloodlord Mandokir and High Priest Thekal (maybie a few trashpacks now and then) i never got ANY of the mounts.
    Still doing my damn polar bear dailys.
    I've never even tried to get the Turtle mount since i'm still after 2500 catches looking for that DAMN RAT
    I never got the Swift Alliance Steed even after seing it drop 15-20 times. Same with the Bear. DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU TO HELL!