Thread: Lucky stories!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post

I don't have any storys outside the fact i've been farming Attumen's mount for over a year easily, every single lockout, hit exalted with the Violet Eye from him and his trashes alone a couple of weeks. Never saw it.
    Yeah, try every SINGLE reset (asides one that I missed whilst moving) since level 80 not counting farming the whole instance every week with my guild back in TBC and ending up with zero drops. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azure Drake on my first and only run of Malygos 25. Won it with a 100. 24 people were crowding round me outside congratulating /+ cursing me.

White Hawkstrider:

I was doing BC Heroics just to get meta achi. My last one was MT. It needed to wait till 4.2, since I was too lazy to do quest attunement and 4.2 removed it.

Simultaniously, my guild was making a raid for FL. About my enter they said I've got like 5 min left to join them (not like we had incredible number of members online willing to raid, they just wanted me to speed up). I made a speed run... And bam, sth dropped from last boss. The mount.

BC Heroics>Cata raids

10+ Year Old Account
    I was running Stratholme back in Wrath to grind Argent Dawn rep. Rivendare's Deathcharger dropped before I hit exalted. Hurray.
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Started doing ZG for the tiger last april or so, decided to kill the raptor guy because I was there anyway, got the raptor on my third kill :P

Also have gotten Blue Drake and Green Proto from the CTA bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    ZG Tiger (Pre-Cata):
    I was a fresh feral tank trying to see what mounts I could farm for to try to get towards my 100 mount achievement, so I went to ZG to see if I could solo the tiger boss... After 5 wipes or so I shot a message to my guild to see if anyone would like to come and help me and got a tell from one of those guildies no one liked, but I invited him anyways, I wanted my shot at the mount before reset. While I waited for him, I decided to give it one last shot before he arrived, and sure enough I got the kill, and the mount dropped with him waiting outside :P

Deathcharger:
    I'd been trying to farm for Baron's mount for as long as I could solo him (late BC?) and have to this day run the instance over 150 times to get the mount on my druid without success. One night in Wrath I was bored on my priest n decided to round out the "keymaster" achievement... So I made my way over to Strat and got the key to the city np, no big deal... and I figured I'd just kill baron n head over to living strat to get my achievement for the dungeon... I didn't even make it to the living side when on my priests first kill of Baron the mount dropped... and I raged n logged off for the night... I can hardly to this day ride that mount without getting a tid upset.

I farm mounts on my DK.Also, legen-daries! So I go and try to solo EoE10,fail grab some guildies. We keep running it a few weeks. This one week, I go with my rogue and tell my GM that one of the mounts will drop! He is like ye ye right. And 99% of the time I got something rare like a mount or a legendary, I had this feeling, strange stomach feeling and heart pumpin. It drops, but I'm on my alt >.<! Also on my rogue, I got the zulian panther (. The legendaries are retarded in MC! In wotlk I needed the garr part for a year! After getting it, I stopped doing MC. In cata, I started again for the reputation (dinged exalted today!).What do you know, Garr binding drops! 3Weeks ago, it drops again for my rogue and Eye drops from raggy.2 weeks ago I think, Garr drops it again PS: I can't start a new line, sorry for the crappy piece of text, something is bugged. TL;DRONT GO IN PLACES WHERE RARE SHITS DROP WITH YOUR ALTS!

Deleted
    zg tiger and raptor within 10 minutes of eachother.

Swift Zulian Tiger
    Obtain the Swift Zulian Tiger from High Priest Thekal in Zul'Gurub.
    25/09/2009

Swift Razzashi Raptor
    Obtain the Swift Razzashi Raptor from Bloodlord Mandokir in Zul'Gurub.
    25/09/2009

check armory for proof if u dont believe it

safe to say i was stunned when the 2nd one also dropped
    Last edited by mmocf1e65def16; 2011-09-15 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    Been really lucky with the Swift White Hawkstrider, for my main i got it on third run and on my two other alts also in 1-5 runs. The phoenix hatchling has yet to drop for any of my chars however.

Deleted
    An old friend of mine soloed zg on his warlock since ulduar . I never bothered but dit it three times . On my third try the tiger mount dropped . He instantly raged on me for an hour and wanted to quit the game. The last id before blizzard removed old zg he got , at least , the raptor. some other guys from his server had the tiger too and we always made fun of him and made an ''only for people with the tiger'' club . My old guild leader forbade me to ride the tiger when he was close to me ( he farmed the tiger since classic... )

i got ravenlord mount on 3 chars

The first one dropped when i first solood hc sethek halls on her .
    Then in the same hour i went back on my warrior ( also first time for her ) .. it dropped again! so i got two in not even 1 hour !

but on my main it took me 96 kills

feel free to check armory for it
    ( merlindi : priest )
    ( merlindsey : warrior )

and on my main i found poseidus mount and the rare camel from uldum !

ive been pretty lucky myself with mounts..

3 baron mounts
    4 hawk striders
    2 midnights
    4 anzu's

i got alot of the farmable mounts , the baron ones make me giggle bc a buddy of mine has run strat 300+ times and has yet to see 1 and i got 1 on 3 diff toons. just weird luck i guess<then again i never saw 1 HH mount , which i really want!>

Quote Originally Posted by jdbjr3314 View Post
    I love reading how lucky everyone is, now let me tell u why my guild has nicknamed me the "Mr. Unlucky".

I have been playing wow since the original beta and have ran strat 278 times now and have never seen deathcharger, zg mounts, kara, hmot, or raven mount, ever drop and dont get me started on the mounts from wotlk or cata. Have spent tons on tcg no mounts and can't even find groups to finish the acheviement mounts. Untill last week I have never got a epic world drop with 4 85s and playing for almost 7 yrs now .......... oh well just grin and bear it.
    maybe you need to let out a little rage, might give you more luck. I got the death charger (89th run) to drop after a bit of cursing and threatening, I find that computers will sometimes respond like plants do. :P

My first ever rare mount drop was the strat horse, I had run 5 times on my pally alt and on my 7th run on my druid (old main) it dropped. I also soloed anzu for raven lord on 3 characters for some weeks and it finally dropped on 1 of my chars so havent done it on them, than after a few solo's in Z'G I finally got the tiger on my old main(druid). In april this year I started a new character, a hunter that I play as a main now I have recived Stonecore drake on my 43th solo run, green proto-drake on my 3rd egg, blue proto-drake on my 36th run, Swift Hawkstrider on my 2nd run(also on a alt I am lvling, 2nd run I got the hawkstrider) and 2 days ago I decided to try finding a camel figurine in uldum for fun and there it was ready to port me to the camel-hoarder. Still hoping for some mounts to drop for my hunter but too bad I am suspended for 48 hours so losing 2 days that one might be the lucky day. :P

week before ZG was removed (origenal) me and a friend had been running the place on our mains forr a good half a year if not more and had by this stage resigned to the fact they would never drop (was a running joke "lets go for the sake of it")
    raptor dies, no mount, no biggie we expect this by now. but lo and behold i looted a raptor pet from a corpse (offered him a roll on it and won it)
    so we carry on going. kill the tiger boss and boom. dropped. we couldnt believe it.
    naturally i won it and to this day i still get running jabs from him about it. however whenever we go to somewhere with a rare mount or item the phraze "its not going to drop" comes out. so far we have seen 2 warglaives drop 1 after the other (2 weeks 2 glaives) and MC drop 2/3 legendaries (1 binding and the eye) in the same run. it seems quite lucky.

Compared to that my other rare mounts have been real grinds.
    about a year 2 months for anzu,
    4 months for white hawkstrider
    Enough runs of Strat to get me 50 pristine black diamonds for my insane feat to get the dam horse (my alt paladin got the mount AND the epic sword from consecitive runs in there in cata)
    fiery warhorse took me well over a year, i was actually suprised it dropped.
    i was part of a group farming th origenal ZA, after we had 18 bears drop (people started coming on alts and rolling and really gettin on my nerves) the last one i saw drop before it was removed went to someoens 3rd alt.. who outrolled me by 1...
    the drake from deepholm i had a friend (who got it a few weeks before) scream at me on vent to get my ass to him now xD so did no farming for that one

im not gonna get started on the green proto, wraths been and gone i got frenzyheart up 1st and immediatly changed to oracle so thats what 3 years and no drop for it xD got enough ages yolk to last a lifetime.

a new challenger appears.

(image is a bit blurry, but I'm sure you can see)

http://i.imgur.com/VM26d.jpg

took 25 runs. The same amount of runs to get my ashes.

oh and here's a ss of ashes dropping.

http://i.imgur.com/KXNf4.jpg
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2011-09-18 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    26 runs and my Ashes of Alar mount dropped!!!

I promised to pay the highest roller 20k and lucky for me my Boyfriend won the roll so it cost me nothing
    ppfffftt 20k lol. I would never sell that thing any where close to 20k

Deleted
    was helping mates with anzu in wotlk and in 3 runs, 2 mounts dropped
    was farming argent dawn rep in wotlk and in ~16 runs, 2 mounts dropped

10+ Year Old Account
    TLPD. What the hell is wrong with you, you silly drake?! i've been waiting for you for ages now.

oh and btw, screw you Baron's Mount, i lost count to the number of times i farmed you, still with no luck...

Quote Originally Posted by ridamark View Post
    just weird luck i guess<then again i never saw 1 HH mount , which i really want!>
    Incidentally, one of my favorite memories in WoW is of winning a HH mount on a lvl 49 paladin.