Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 77 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    got the blazing drake last night in a pug. actually a guildie of mine won the roll on his alt and fleeced me for a decent amount of gold to get it >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Ashes of Al'ar oh my dream ;/ 51 Runs this far and nothing and I'm doing it solo
    Don't worry you're almost there, took me 63 kills. plus ~20 others on alts (never saw it on them)

Got ashes on first kill.

Zulian tiger first try ever on a toon I no longer play!

Deleted
    Our raid got drop at Ultraxion, Experiment 12b was there! I lost roll...but winner gave it to me since iam GM. There is still some good out there! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    First week in Kara. Attumen's mount drops. Rolled 100. WIN.

Never got ZA mounts though. Hundreds of kills.

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I decided to help some people finish off Glory of the Cata Hero on my hunter. So we get 4/5 people, and while looking for our healer which took forever, one of our dps goes afk for a quick smoke. Five minutes after that we get our healer and the dps isn't back. After another fifteen minutes of sitting around and waiting, I said to myself I might as well go check somehting out. So I use my wormhole generator to go to Storm Peaks, flew to Bor's Breath and TLDP spawns right in front of me.

It was so damn gratifying as I found its corpse in that same spot three times in the previous two weeks around 4 am CST. Killed it 12-26-11, 4:16 am CST. I will never forget it.

So me and a friend just did our weekly Tempest Keep run for the mount, and it finally dropped.
    I never thought I would see it drop! Unfortunately my friend won it But big congrats to him ofc
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/wowscrnshot012912080010.jpg/

Deleted
    First TK run on my 80 DK, Ashes dropped and I won. It then dropped on my second solo on my (US) 85 DK and third solo on my 85 hunter.

Unfortunately the pattern didn't continue for my (EU) 85 DK's 4th solo though
    Last edited by mmoc2e27bb62e7; 2012-01-29 at 08:42 AM.

We had a dedicated TK farming group on my last realm. My friend comes in one day because she wanted some gear because it looked cool. Walks away with an A'lar.

The only rare mount I've ever gotten (not a big collector) was the one that drops from the dragon in VP.

Got it on my first/second run, and got yelled at by the whole team for winning it because I was a druid with instant flightform.

Whatever, rare loot is rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    First week of the level 80 Onyxia being out, Mount drops, roll a 99! .... Surprisingly the Raid Leader didn't ninja and take off. I ran it only a few times after and never looked back. Thalrax on Arthas US

Deleted
    Love reading these threads... so many lucky people!

Took me 11 attempts to get Ashes on rogue, probably the only mount I ever wanted, was in a social guild at the time who didn't care for the mount so allowed me to master loot it to my self, it's still a very rare mount (Seeing only 2-3 on my realm still) and no matter how many people have it, still looks absolutely amazing.

Started farming the old Zul Gurub (Only the tiger boss was soloable for my rogue at the time) when it was announced on MMO Champ that it would be removed soon and the tiger mount dropped on the last ever reset of the raid, don't ever use it though as I prefer my Crimson Deathcharger I stole from my DK's shadowmourne.

Farmed Anzu for nearly a whole year, multiple guildies (50+ including alts) had already got the drop and what used to be my daily run turned into days of not entering the instance due to my boredom of seeing the same loot drop everytime. I finally got bored one evening and went for a quick run and the damn thing dropped, used it once since I spend most of the time on Ashes.

White hawkstrider on second kill, Baron mount dropping twice in twenty or so kills, first one went to a DK who went there for the first time, drakes from VP/To4W on alts and such.

Nothing interesting though .
    Last edited by mmoc7300130b48; 2012-01-30 at 06:49 AM.

I've been 2 manning EoE for the past...forever with friends to farm both the drakes.
    A friend of mine came back to the game the other day and we brought him along as well to just speed phase 3 up.

Azure Drake dropped.

I have a new good luck charm.

[[None of my friends want the mounts or are ok with me getting them first due to the collection I have going. So yes, I obviously got the drake. :P ]]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just after I started to collect rare mounts I thought I would try Strat solo as a level 80 mage. Had never solo'd a low level dungeon before and not having ran it since mid 50's wasnt quite sure what to expect. Anyway, Rivendare's mount dropped on the first try. /smug

I had been farming Ravens Lord on my main shaman for about 3 weeks, meanwhile I was leveling my druid with my friend who leveled his shaman, we hit lvl 70 and que up for a BC Heroic and we get Sethekk Halls! Of course the mount drops and we're 5 people rolling on it and I win, I was happy and angry at the same time cause I had been farming it for a month on my main and it drops on the first run ever on my alt...

This is a rare mount frustration story. So anyways, I've been attempting to get Deathchargers reins for over a year now (250 kills) and so I decide I'm going to spend like 8 hours to farm it. So towards my 6th hour or so my friend logs online and calls me in skype. I explain to him what I am doing and he says, "Oh there is a mount there?" So he comes out to kill Rivendare in a seperate instance for giggles. About 8 minutes later he starts laughing and I see the Feat of strength pop up for him in guild chat. I have yet to get the mount a year later.

Deleted
    The 1st ever ZA/ZG i tanked for a satchel dropped the Raven lord for me, Never had anything better than a flask since tho :-(

Did the daily in Stormpeaks the other day for the first time, opened the satchel after turning in the quest and bam, reins of the polar bear.

Some lucky examples: 5 mins doing a crusader daily in storm peaks the 1st September 2.011 at 5.30 a.m. close to k3, time-lost proto-drake, got it (whereas 21 hours of camping for vyragosa for the achi some days earlier). Farmed the new panther mount in ZG for like 15 kills solo on dk at 85, dropped, and also got the VP drake in like 15-20 kills and deathcharger in stratholme in 38 runs. There are way more that I got, but I consider them not too lucky or unlucky.

Some unlucky examples: farmed al'ar solo for a few months on both chars I could do it every single week, around 60 kills, nothing; a friend of mine who did it like 1-2 times per month enters 2 days after, ashes of al'ar; got it myself after 2 more weeks of farming with all chars for a total of 66 kills. Farmed onyxian drake since March 2.012 (though not really intensively at the time, only on dk each week), then started doing it on 2 chars, when MOP came out got 5 chars to 90 so soloed with all 5 each week; made an 82 blood dk to solo it too, 6 chars since then, 123 runs, same friend enters once, reins of the onyxian drake; decided myself to level 1 more blood dk to 83 (easier than 82) each week and soloed with all chars since then, 193 runs, nothing.