10+ Year Old Account

Rogue mobility, the dead horse

As we all know, muts mobility is its own liability, and blizz refuses to give shadowstep to all rogues cuz it's "a sub thing".
    So, what if shadowstep became baseline w/ root breaker and w/o increased damage. And prep takes its place restored to the glory it once had back in vanilla? Now both assass and combat can't take prep no matter the level, while sub still retains its flavor at the same time gives sub one more talent to move around.

I know it makes more sense to post this in blizzards suggestion forums. But I can't since my B.net account isn't viable to NA forums.
    In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
    -Desiderius Erasmus

Deleted
    Rogues are fine in PvE and PvP.
    They are top in PvE DPS.
    They are in high rated Arena teams.

There have tobe some adjustments, but not sucha big one. You have a lot of CC and a strong slow. As a rogue it is your job to hold the enemy near you and not to run after him all the time. If he breaks out you have sprint, cloak and vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by error406 View Post
    As we all know, muts mobility is its own liability, and blizz refuses to give shadowstep to all rogues cuz it's "a sub thing".
    So, what if shadowstep became baseline w/ root breaker and w/o increased damage. And prep takes its place restored to the glory it once had back in vanilla? Now both assass and combat can't take prep no matter the level, while sub still retains its flavor at the same time gives sub one more talent to move around.
    What talent? an easier solution would surely be just to give Ass a talent that increases mobility, because Shadow Step is very Subtlety like and combat already has mobility. The balance for combat and sub are good so why rock the boat?
    Last edited by Bobbojonno; 2011-01-27 at 02:08 PM.
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
    They are top in PvE DPS.

There have tobe some adjustments, but not sucha big one. You have a lot of CC and a strong slow. As a rogue it is your job to hold the enemy near you and not to run after him all the time. If he breaks out you have sprint, cloak and vanish.
    Rogue mobility and damage in arena is infact not fine atm. And we are actually quite under populated compared to most classes at the high end of the ladders. Not even going to discuss Assassination Mobility, because it doesn't exist. Not going to discuss Subtlety damage because outside of shadowdance, it doesn't exist. And with the mobility nerfs to subtlety coming up in the next patch, will the damage buff make up for it? that is yet to be seen. I myself am sitting on tier2 weapon rating waiting for release to see if they will have any influence on my poor damage. But one thing is for sure Rogues are not a top tier class, probably not even 2nd tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobberz View Post
    Rogue mobility and damage in arena is infact not fine atm. And we are actually quite under populated compared to most classes at the high end of the ladders. Not even going to discuss Assassination Mobility, because it doesn't exist. Not going to discuss Subtlety damage because outside of shadowdance, it doesn't exist. And with the mobility nerfs to subtlety coming up in the next patch, will the damage buff make up for it? that is yet to be seen. I myself am sitting on tier2 weapon rating waiting for release to see if they will have any influence on my poor damage. But one thing is for sure Rogues are not a top tier class, probably not even 2nd tier.
    Its a good thing you must be awesome at PVP to be at 2200 and with a crap class/spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are top in PvE DPS.
    I've seen no indication of this. We're certainly up there, but saying we're top isn't really accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobberz View Post
    I myself am sitting on tier2 weapon rating waiting for release to see if they will have any influence on my poor damage.
    Ur damage was obviously good enough to get you ur t2 wep. What else do u want? The tabard?

Or just make Elusiveness baseline and give Sub a new talent in it's place, or even leave it empty. Then Sub keeps ShS and assassination can choose between speccing into sub or combat for imp sprint.

They are top in PvE DPS.

The main problem I find is that we did not have to put up with this crap before. The real gag is that even though Blizzard says it values the individual playstyles, they flip everybody and everything upside down every addon (or in rogues' case, every patch).

Holding targets in CC for the "artillery strike" to come is not that easy. There are tons of ways for other classes to anti-CC their way out due to their eternity-long whine for survivability. Rocks vs Paper vs Scissors is likewise a deadhorse since WotLK (or BC's Arena, ymmv) arrived, somewhat.

I am not trolling, just tossing a random comment .

There is no sense in adding suggestions since Blizz would never accept them, hehe, but I`d like to see the sub tree have the blink stuff; Combat Tree the survivalibilty stuff (like getting stuck in perma-CC like Frost Armor proc not meaning we die that easily to IceLance Spam etc); and Assassination the damage stuff with all those toys that just gives us kicka$$ery.
    Then again, we`re just players, not game designers :/

Wearing the target down with what we have is okay. I suppose that is what blizzard wanted to do with the "LONGER FIGHTS" in Cata, but the funny thing is "our rogue fights are long and require struggle" while for other classes, the thing is over in a few secs.

tl;dr
    Let us just make sure we post enough bad reviews and constructive comments on the Official Forums so we`re not that gimped for the next addon xD. We can't do much about dead horses but we can give the "Nomination for craptastic Class in The Gaute Award"

Deleted
    shadowstep should idd be trainable for all rogues.. All warriors have charge. all mages have ice blocks. all pallies have bubbles.

Yes mutilate mobility is as bad as it gets. At least if mutilate does not have preparation a shadowstep would be nice. Being endlessly kited by a mage or by druids is not fun at all. Even warriors when they get cornered they hamstring and do the jump thing away until they get healed. Or DKs with chains of ice. How is a rogue mutilate supposed to gap the distance??

As far as preparation is concerned ,,,if a frost mage has it a rogue should have it too.
    And remember people as far as this patch is concerned except the DMG buff for subtely (which still may not be enough) everything else is a nerf
    Last edited by mmoc99613ae6d4; 2011-01-28 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    iceblock was a talent in the frost tree and they made it trainable,why cant they do this with shadowstep when assassinaton rogues are more kiteable then a pet

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I've seen no indication of this. We're certainly up there, but saying we're top isn't really accurate.

Ur damage was obviously good enough to get you ur t2 wep. What else do u want? The tabard?
    First of all... 2.2k ain't really high.

Rogues are only able to pull over 2.2k because of their partners. As assa, you have enough damage, but you won't reach your target. As sub, you will reach your target, but crit with 6-7k ambushs.

Rogues are only prefered in some 3v3 comps because of smokebomb, because a well positioned one can get you a win. The real damage comes from your partner, you are only there to annoy and smokebomb.

With smokebmb nerf, they should really add mobility for assa and damage for sub, otherway ferals or warriors will be a prefered choice for most comps.

Quote Originally Posted by rolex0008 View Post
    iceblock was a talent in the frost tree and they made it trainable,why cant they do this with shadowstep when assassinaton rogues are more kiteable then a pet
    Exactly. And Ice Block is pretty much like Paladin`s Divine Shield.
    It´s not like Stealth is that great or useful - and it is even broken lol ^^.