Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    Actually it is now 5cp rotation. No longer 4+ once you go to backstab phase.
    ah, my mistake, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulus View Post
    For those of you reading this thread thinking "I've never met any weird people on WoW", then it's probably you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamato View Post
    On your particular server, look at who's always been the best rogue and talk to them. My server has had 2, Slade and Zapz. While Zapz is hard to talk to because he's an elitist guy.
    I've found that I applied all agility/haste and did lower overall damage output than all mastery.

The stats I will be getting is 8% special damage hit with melee, The problem with going through a full spell hit cap. Is it's incredibly difficult. There's honestly no point in trying to get the spell hit cap as that means every single gem socket and item will have tons of hit on it. And You may still fall short.
    Try for the 8% special, run deadly poison main hand and instant offhand. I found that works great for me. Precision in the Combat tree is definately worthwhile getting regardless of who says yes or no. Because 6% is HUGE. If you make 8% natural hit rating, add 6% to that, guess what you're only a few % under the spell cap anyway.

I personally have found myself gemming and reforging for Mastery/Haste.
    Doing so at level 80 found me running 7K afk at a dummy.
    Doing so at level 83 found me running 11K afk at a dummy.
    At level 85 on the Raiders Dummy, Still maintaining 11K afk at a dummy.
    Everybody will tell you something different. But i've found the best returns from NOT going forward with tons of agility. Haste increases the replenishment of your energy. Using the same ole assassin rotation as i've always used *mut mut SD, mut mut rup, Mut Mut Env, rinse repeat* I've seen my boss dps as high as 14,500 on my rogue. Lots of people have wanted to votekick me because I make them look bad.
    Didn't you already get a "ban" for being a troll/disseminating large amounts of incorrect information. Did someone not learn their lesson?

More agi vs. mastery

So, the EP for AGI is 2.6 and mastery is 1.3.

This suggests that you need more than 2 mastery to be better than 1 AGI generally - so the 333 blue tol barad trinket with 252 mastery isn't better than my 272 green trinket with 143 AGI (and a randomly triggered haste effect as well).

Seems off for the gear to be so far off on higher level not being a better item.

And now its: - "Your rotation will be 1+ Rupture and 4+ Envenom; meaning if your Rupture is falling off, put whatever combo points you have into a new one otherwise do 4 or 5 combo point Envenoms."
    Aldriana and others found out that its better just to 1+ rupture than 4+ rupture...
    It's on this thread http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t110134-...on_guide_cata/

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Didn't you already get a "ban" for being a troll/disseminating large amounts of incorrect information. Did someone not learn their lesson?
    According to the logs, Tamato has never had an infraction for posting incorrect information.
    If you have a problem with a user's posts please report them. Let the mods moderate.

Like Tamato states "I found that works great for me". It may not work for others. All he did was state an opinion based on his own observations and conversations with other rogues.

Considering this a warning for flaming other users.

I know this is a debate about mastery but I actually quite like not having expertise.

If you have an Envenom parried or dodged you still get the envenom debuff, but without consuming your combo points, and consuming only minimal energy, and if that happens I wait to get up to about 80-90 energy before re-Envenoming to consume the combo points.

But Mastery is a great stat yes. Stack as much as you can get (but prioritise agility in gemming and enchanting).

Why is agility even discussed?
    Any worthy rogue item will have agility (apart from some trinkets) and since it's a prime stat, you can't reforge it away or onto an item. The only time you decide about agi or second best stat is when you gem an item.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I believe Agility has a higher EP value over all other stats.

Gem / enchant Agi or agi / mastery for yellow.

For reforging Crit / expertise reforge to Mastery.
    Good to have balance of haste and mastery too