Thread: Gilneas wasted?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    thank you Thetruth1400,

i appreciate your refreshing candor on the subject as a Horde player

i will only add my Dwarf is only 47 atm so i still have lots to see hopefully (i am locking xp now and again and taking my sweet time working through the zones as i try to relearn the ins and outs of the new world after 5 years)
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-19 at 03:36 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    At the moment I think it is a terrible waste of time and energy. They have built an beautiful city, dedicated so much time to craft a landscape that currently can only be enjoyed by the handful (in WoW terms) of people who roll a new Worgen. After the starting quests it becomes a pointless, albeit picturesque, ghost-land.

I am hoping that with future patches they will add a populace to the world zone and bring such a resource/energy-sink back to life.
    My sentiments exactly, Gilneas is a masterpiece indeed.. that sadly goes to 'waste'.In general, i consider the implementation of the worgen INTO the actual game-world - piss poor.You'd think that they wouldn't do the same mistake twice(draenei).I'm not QQing or anything, and perhaps my objectiveness is questionable.. but that's what i think.Perhaps they will correct some things(for the worgen at least) in a future patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    My sentiments exactly, Gilneas is a masterpiece indeed.. that sadly goes to 'waste'.In general, i consider the implementation of the worgen INTO the actual game-world - piss poor.You'd think that they wouldn't do the same mistake twice(draenei).I'm not QQing or anything, and perhaps my objectiveness is questionable.. but that's what i think.Perhaps they will correct some things(for the worgen at least) in a future patch.
    Exactly my opinion. What sense as it still to introduce new races if they give them virtually nothing? No city, not even 1 little mount. Worgen have only effect on Worgen players, on no one else. What to they get? A pathetic tree in Darnassus with only some trainers. The Gnomes even have more. Tinker Town is still more than that tree. Hell, they even get more in Cataclysm, seeing the starting area at Gnomeregan is more than what the Worgen get.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes people we KNOW the place is phased but is it so difficult to put a couple of NPC in there to give it some life? like some forsaken & orc forces outside fighting the worgen and the alliance. and in town you have refugees running away or camp outside in some places?

and i must ask is Gilneas planned to be a world-pvp like winter grasp? either if it is or it isn't it is always a good idea to put NPCs to give the zone some life.

the DK area can be explained because the scarlet people left and the Ebon blade does not need the ruins down there. even though they can still add some NPCs to give the place more life, it would be a good idea.

i watched some editing and world creation videos on youtube that Blizzard uses and i can tell you the things i suggested can be done in less than a day by ONE guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The southernmost capital city in the world, NZ
    Agree, that post-Silverpine Gilneas has been strangely Crystalsong'ed. At the very least, it's like that due to phasing mechanics. Even then, it does give the impression that plot hole aliens have been into the zone. The only thing for it now is an endgame patch, since the BfG BG will only be a partial follow-up, and the fact that Kezan will be revisited later in Cata.

Hey, uh, has anyone figured they are planning to add more content as the expansion continues? I know its a wild, illogical, and stupid idea, but perhaps that since this is the start of the expansion, we aren't see everything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Hey, uh, has anyone figured they are planning to add more content as the expansion continues? I know its a wild, illogical, and stupid idea, but perhaps that since this is the start of the expansion, we aren't see everything yet.
    with the mention of Crystalsong directly above you'd perhaps consider the opposite is also true.

plenty of people in the thread have gave them the benefit of the doubt and mentioned that they may still do somthing with it

then again they may (Crystalsong) not
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post
    with the mention of Crystalsong directly above you'd perhaps consider the opposite is also true.

plenty of people in the thread have gave them the benefit of the doubt and mentioned that they may still do somthing with it

then again they may (Crystalsong) not
    With all the attention to details they have given the Worgen, the fact that it plays a vital role even in the Forsaken line, I do believe they are planning for something big.

you mean as witnessed by their massive intergration into the outside game world and all their new settlements (like the Goblins) and the fact half the supposed "Gilneas" NPCs out in the world aren't in worgen form and have SW voices ? -.-

ye lets hope so eh ? . . .

gee thx Brox...

you mean as witnessed by their massive intergration into the outside game world and all their new settlements (like the Goblins) and the fact half the supposed "Gilneas" NPCs out in the world aren't in worgen form and have SW voices ? -.-

I've seen a dwarf with a nelf voice :\

Blizz made mistakes everywhere

I'm pretty sure most Gilneans are human, not worgen; not everyone of them was affllicted by the curse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    The point of gilneas is supposed to be empty, its at a time after silverpine questing when the horde had bombed the place with plauge , all humans would have left with the night elves and the worgen litrally spread like mice when the wall came down + the plauge scared them out into hilsbrad too.
    Gilneas-4.0.1a = empty for a good lore stand point reason.
    Come 4.3 or etc if the story has progressed it would be disapointing if gilneas was left empty unless they decide to never go back , it is already surrounded by horde.
    The plague didn't scare alliance out of hillsbrad. There are still alliance there as alterec valley is still contested and the stormpike have a large camp located there still. Gilnaes shouldn't be empty, it should be in forsaken hands. Blizzard could have easily made final phase (that everyone not-worgen is on, and worgens are on when they finish the zone) have a forsaken/horde occupation.

As it stands there is no reflection of the story in the current zone, which is bad since there is hardly any impact of their story anywhere else. Goblins clearly got a larger part of the story, and all players can experince parts of it in azshara.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2010-12-20 at 06:55 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post
    well according to the questline gilneas was taken by the forsaken. so why not make more quests in it? in the forsaken silverpine questline we only got to see about 60% of the efforts taken by the forsaken to reclaim it.

there's more potential to it than just having it be a empty wasteland with nothing but blue foxes, some dog and sheep and a big ettin.
    incorrect according to the questline gilneas is still held by the GLF and the 7th legion.

i love the zone, its look, its music its design and it would be nice to have a city north of ironforge and the biggest reason i can think of in a expansion that was supposedly about bringing the factions to brunt against each other where worgens did not quest in silverpine then hillsbrad to defend there home was time and budget constraints when they were not just adding these few new zones but a large remodel of many existing zones. Theres even worgen npcs doing just that!
    so far everything about the worgen smells of cut corners and time constraints there the new draenei and blood elves. they get a starting zone and some worgen quest givers around the world but honestly i will bet good gold that the worgen will never have anything to do with the lore ever again. and that sucks.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2010-12-20 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venjin View Post
    I'm pretty sure most Gilneans are human, not worgen; not everyone of them was affllicted by the curse.
    lol sure

still doesn't change the fact there is only one (tiny) Glinean populated settlement in the whole game world (in the Blasted Lands)

anyway, retreading old ground. this was covered previously in the thread.

Worgen game world intergration is as bad as the Draeneis (which Blizzard themselves have stated is really bad) and no where near the level of the Hordes Goblins
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-20 at 07:22 AM.

gee thx Brox...

To be fair though, Kezan is also "wasted space" in terms of it getting destroyed a few levels into the goblin quests. Hell, I agree that Gilneas should of been a PvP area at the very least. I mean what's the point of making places like Tol Barad if you've got this awesome area to work with already? I have played Horde since late BC, and I have to admit I always admired the Alliance forts scattered everywhere. Its payback time now though

What we should be discussing is how bland the storyline of the Alliance is compared to the Horde this time. I think a lapse in architecture is fine since the Ally's had it down pat already, but having a bias in storytelling in a game where half the player population isn't going to get to experience it is a big deal.

ye well i agree but you cant really discuss that with the Horde around (Thetruth1400 and yourself excepted perhaps) because you get jumped on by fanbois and accused of being one youself.

as far as most people who post of forums are concerned "Blizzard can do no wrong" but ye there is something deeply, deeply flawed with the Alliance side of the game atm with even Blizzard (""concentrated coolness" is our development aim") themselves stating at Blizzcon they don't know (or care ?) how to make the Alliance "cool" any more.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-20 at 07:30 AM.

gee thx Brox...

I'm not sure Crystalsong is the right comparison to use in this context. It's been stated that it wasn't developed further because of the strain that Dalaran already put on the area. It wasn't suitable as a full-blown questing zone as well. Gilneas clearly doesn't have the floating-city-in-the-sky issue. I'd like to see it progress into something.

But, Goblins don't go back to Kezan either.
    I heard today that nobody is perfect. Now I'm afraid I don't exist.

you will be going back to Kezan in Cata (so its not destroyed)

they said so at Blizzcon.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-20 at 07:31 AM.

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The plague didn't scare alliance out of hillsbrad. There are still alliance there as alterec valley is still contested and the stormpike have a large camp located there still. Gilnaes shouldn't be empty, it should be in forsaken hands. Blizzard could have easily made final phase (that everyone not-worgen is on, and worgens are on when they finish the zone) have a forsaken/horde occupation.

As it stands there is no reflection of the story in the current zone, which is bad since there is hardly any impact of their story anywhere else. Goblins clearly got a larger part of the story, and all players can experince parts of it in azshara.
    In Forsaken hands? I guess a lot people here have played the Forsaken - Silverpine quest line yes? Genn Greymane along with most of the ciivilians left with the night elfs as we can see in the worgen starting area. BUT Crowley stays back and with the help of Ivar and his pack , and the reinforcements of Stormwind , the 7th legion they push Forsaken out of Gilneas,

Lore-wise Gilneas is under Alliance control once again. Hence why in the bg the Forsaken attack by sea. They lost their base inside the Greymane Wall and now they try to make another invasion.

The only problem is Blizzard. It is SO difficult to put some npcs in that zone? And about the ''we don't want to make another capital city''. Well ok but YOU CREATED AN ENTIRE AND AWESOME CITY. What's the point to be empty?
    Maybe in a future patch, they will show that Worgen and Goblins return in their homes. Just maybe.