QQing about Heroics, they are not hard

Okay i realize that a majority of the people who continually make QQ posts about heroics and there current difficulty infact started playing this game during wotlk/end of TBC and have grown acustomed to a certain difficulty. The difficulty being faceroll content. I have been playing since vanilla off and on, and have been in countless guilds and achieved countless server/oceanic/world firsts. (was in Adept-dreadmaul for 2 years/Deus Vox - Laughing skull US). Now how is it, that my 85 enhance shaman who is still wearing 3-4 greens has managed to get heroic cata dungeon hero, 4 days after hitting 85 (15/12/10)- while working 12 hour shifts. Can achieve this with a extremely casual guild. Yet the majority of you seem to cry harder and harder each day about how your not pulling enough dps or you keep getting bad groups. Let me resolve this issue for you. Find a Guild! If you cant get into a Guild then you obviously suck and deserve to play with people of similar parity of skill in LFG and continually whipe to bosses which have uncomplicated strategy's which only require you to have a little more situational awareness than a wombat.

Funny fact, they nerfed normals and heroics since launch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobblish View Post
    Funny fact, they nerfed normals and heroics since launch
    A blue responded, it has not been nerfs, it have just been necesary fixes. Stop saying they were nerfs, they weren't.

Also @ OP, I still don't have Cataclysm Dungeon Hero because i only did randoms, and end up running the same instances over and over (lost city, vortex pinnacle), and still miss 3 on my list, but you did do it quite fast in my opinion, for someone with 12 hours shifts:P Ah well, if you just have a solid group, nothing is impossible.

exactly mate, i do have a pretty solid group, but its a very casual small group of guildies which only have time to play maybe 3-4 hours a day tops, During night time. The point i make is that once you have seen every boss this game has to offer, there are alot of trends or alot of bosses which behave or have similar tactics to another you probably faught at some point. If people had a basic understanding of the game, doing the cata heroics wouldnt be so difficult for them. At the end of the day as stated before, 100% of the heroic fights just require you to have some situational awareness and common sense. (it helps if all 3 dps pull 11k dps also)

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    A blue responded, it has not been nerfs, it have just been necesary fixes. Stop saying they were nerfs, they weren't.
    Not to mention, toning down one ability on like six specific mobs across twelve instances(six normal, six heroic... and even then, not all the changes were for both heroic and normal) is not the same thing as nerfing them to begin with.

Your answer to the great problem of "heroics being hard" is to find a guild?

That's really pointless to be honest... anyone can give a stupid answer like that.. how about...
    If you find heroics hard, don't do them!
    Problem solved in your mannor of response.

Honestly, heroics aren't hard, i've completed every single one of them, i've been playing from Vanilla beta, so yeah i'm on the same experience level as the OP, but my attitude doesn't suck like his with people QQ'ing.

Heroics are only hard when you get people who fail and don't listen, or if it's your first time there and you ask for tatics and you get stupid replies like (2nd boss in Grim batol)
    Mace = kite
    shied = melee
    2x 1h = dispell
    That was what i got told was the tatic for the 2nd boss in Grim batol on my first run there... so yeah i did cause a wipe, but this was early days of the Expansion, once someone actually explained what that meant i did the encounter properly and have ever since.

As i said i've done every boss on heroic, i only see one encounter difficult, and that's SFK 3rd boss.
    I've done a few guild runs, and most of my groups are pugs, i prefer pugs, i actually like the que times, so i can knuckle down on Archeology for 20-30mins then get into a group, while with a guild run the que is instant, and well my guild isn't perfect, i think with some members of the group i could actually find better in a pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    Your answer to the great problem of "heroics being hard" is to find a guild?

That's really pointless to be honest... anyone can give a stupid answer like that.. how about...
    If you find heroics hard, don't do them!
    Problem solved in your mannor of response.

Honestly, heroics aren't hard, i've completed every single one of them, i've been playing from Vanilla beta, so yeah i'm on the same experience level as the OP, but my attitude doesn't suck like his with people QQ'ing.

Heroics are only hard when you get people who fail and don't listen, or if it's your first time there and you ask for tatics and you get stupid replies like (2nd boss in Grim batol)

That was what i got told was the tatic for the 2nd boss in Grim batol on my first run there... so yeah i did cause a wipe, but this was early days of the Expansion, once someone actually explained what that meant i did the encounter properly and have ever since.

As i said i've done every boss on heroic, i only see one encounter difficult, and that's SFK 3rd boss.
    I've done a few guild runs, and most of my groups are pugs, i prefer pugs, i actually like the que times, so i can knuckle down on Archeology for 20-30mins then get into a group, while with a guild run the que is instant, and well my guild isn't perfect, i think with some members of the group i could actually find better in a pug.

No mate my attitude doesnt suck, im simply saying that the wotlk babies need to stop all the QQ bull about heroics. Its about time this game got a little bit of its eliteness back and the difficulty curb of heroics increased instead of having content that even idiots can eventually faceroll through

Quote Originally Posted by windacks View Post
    No mate my attitude doesnt suck, im simply saying that the wotlk babies need to stop all the QQ bull about heroics. Its about time this game got a little bit of its eliteness back and the difficulty curb of heroics increased instead of having content that even idiots can eventually faceroll through
    It sucks about as much as your wall of text. The only thing that is worse than the wotlk qq'ers is the vanilla elitists. Honestly, trying to find a good post to read is getting far to hard. I swear half of the posts are complaining heroics are too hard, or complaining about people complaining they are too hard, followed by 5 reasons why their epeen should be bigger than everyone else's.

And as always, ss or it didn't happen.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the game needed a major step-up in difficulty, but the way you laid it out was showing that you hate everyone who pug heroics, and people who say "wow that was harder than expected" because they wiped a few times.

The people who make topics about how hard heroics are. Are indeed bad players, unless they are freshly geared 85 healers, that's the only player i can allowe to say heroics are difficult, because getting used to a new healing style is difficult, with these machanics thrown ontop.

But then with the dislike of people making QQ threads, making a thread QQ'ing about the QQ'ers, is just as bad. And your answer of how to fix the problem isn't valid. Pugs are in guilds, and if you have alot of bad players in your guild who can't manage things... what do you sugguest then? leave the guild, find another one in hope they have better players?

People got to learn to stick with it, WOTLK heroics weren't all easy at the start of an expansion, they became easier over time, with tuning, better gear and so on. But now Blizzard have knuckled down and made it you can't faceroll your way through heroics, with the true meaning of heroics (wish it was actually harder).

But then again i advoid going into a QQ thread on MMO-champion, because it's just stupid comments, bad players, or people acting elitist.

Well if you are after a solution as to what should a noob do if his guild is full of noobs, the answer to this would be to get better at the game, or get better gear to compensate for being bad at the game. Afterall how can you expect to join a guild of good players if you arent even good yourself?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im so sick of this whole discussion, the answer can be yes or no . I do agree wotlk heroics were way to easy, and most could be speed tanked in 15min. But they also indtroduced the lfg tool, which takes random people of different skill levels and expects them to overcome whats at hand. Which is where the yes part comes into the equation. If your grp is good, then no they are not hard, but if your grp is bad then they turn nasty...its a roll of the dice so to speak. SO unless yo do heroics with your guild, or do /2 and recruit skilled players you may end up with a head-ache. Yesterday was my day off, so I spend all day doing random heroics on my hunter, and I would say 75% of the runs were the yes part with 25% being the no ... I honestly think blizzard will end up nerfing them sometime down the road, you cant throw people of different skill levels and most importantlly age in a grp and exspect to overcome the content with in-depth mechanics and high dmg output...its just not going to work. I have had so many failed grps lately, wether its from people giving up or me realizing it time to get myself out, I just decided to level up another character. Today it took 4 ques at my servers 35min wait to get my daily done, which is really annoying and a lot of time wasted just to get my valor badges.
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2010-12-20 at 08:17 AM.

OP waves his epeen, nothing to see here folks.
    WTB talented signature creators!

With what I've found so far, most of the heroics simply need to be tweaked here & there with a few boss fights needing to be re-done to get them balanced correctly. Mind you, this isn't saying NERF THEM, quit the opposite: Keep them as a NO-RETARDS check. As a shaman, I love going into places in which I can Hex and/or Bind Elemental. I love having to interrupt. I love being able to look at the idiot dps who says "Why is your dps so low, Shaman?" And I can say "It's because I'm doing all the crap you're not (or can't do) doing, otherwise, you'd have wiped at least 2-3x more than we have."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliemari View Post
    OP waves his epeen, nothing to see here folks.
    Besides a waving epeen you mean...?

I cant stand when people say when they started playing like playing in TBC and whatnot makes people better, yea, I started playing 3 weeks after wrath came out.... the heroics still arent hard. Playing in wrath doesnt make you suck, being a sucky player does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    I cant stand when people say when they started playing like playing in TBC and whatnot makes people better, yea, I started playing 3 weeks after wrath came out.... the heroics still arent hard. Playing in wrath doesnt make you suck, being a sucky player does.
    Not ever having to experience a difficult instance makes a difference though, with the exception of ulduar hardmodes (which i also got many oceanic firsts with Adept-Dreadmaul)

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this. 1. We don't need more QQ or Stop QQ threads. 2. People need to stop flaming others. You can make valid points of argument with out calling people LK babies, baddies or "durp ur r teh suxz0rs, bro"