Deleted

Question on Atramedes in BWD

We are having troubles at Atramedes, specifically on Searing Flames. I as hunter stay near the gongs to activate them when needed, I have a timer showing me the exact moment when he does it.
    I click the gong the moment he starts casting it, but we still get 2 ticks of his damage and 2 stacks of his debuff, increasing dmg taken by %. And his next shadow dmg AoE hits us all for 50k and 1-2 people die there.
    When I saw the boss in a Beta vid he Began casting and then channeling, but tonight he just started channeling. Is there any way to stop him applying any stacks or damaging the raid while using searing flames? Should I use the gong before I know he will channel, or would that just stun him and he will channel it right after?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have to stun him the moment he begins to channel, you can't do it beforehand or he'll just do it right away. Pop a raid wide CD to keep everyone alive during it, as it can tick faster than once a second.

Deleted
    Have your Holy Paladin(s) use Aura Mastery for Searing Flames. The cooldown is short enough to be up every time he casts it, and it makes a huge difference.

Deleted
    Well sad part is we only have one holy paladin in the guild with raid-ready gear and he wasn't available that night. The worst part about Searing flames is not the dmg itself it's the debuff he leaves on us, causing us to take 50% more dmg iirc, which makes his next AoE pulse hit us for 50k.