Instant Pyroblast! in movement.

This is my mage:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte...m/denki/simple

On my first spec (pvp) I can cast instant Pyroblast! in movement. On my second spec (pve) I need to stop moving in order to be able to cast the instant Pyro!. What is the talent that makes that difference? As much as I read the talents I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

The pyroblast proc is the only way to do it moving, mabey your jsut getting abit unlucky with the other 1?

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    This is my mage:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte...m/denki/simple

On my first spec (pvp) I can cast instant Pyroblast! in movement. On my second spec (pve) I need to stop moving in order to be able to cast the instant Pyro!. What is the talent that makes that difference? As much as I read the talents I can't figure it out.

Thanks.
    If you have a "stopcasting" macro for Pyroblast!, this will cause you to need to stop moving while using the hotstreak proc...at least this was the problem for my mage. Once I took that macro out and just had the Pyroblast skill on the bar I could cast Pyroblast! while moving. Do you use a macro like this?
    Last edited by Eluamous; 2010-12-20 at 12:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    right behind you but dont turn around cause that will only piss me off!
    Ive had this issue pop up a couple times since the initial talent changes in 4.0.1. Most of the time i can use pyroblast! proc while moving but every once in a while it gives me you cant do that while moving message.

No no, maybe I have explained myself badly (sorry, English is not my native language). I don't use macros for the Instant Pyroblast, but since the talent revamp I've always been able to launch it while moving only with my pvp spec, the first one, but I've never been able to do it while in my secondary spec, the pve one, I need to stop moving just to do it, which is annoying.

So I think that there must be some issue with another talent that maybe causes it to been able to cast it while moving or not, or something. I don't know.

This macro fixes the issue of Pyroblast! sometimes not casting while moving:

#showtooltip
    /cast Pyroblast!

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    No no, maybe I have explained myself badly (sorry, English is not my native language). I don't use macros for the Instant Pyroblast, but since the talent revamp I've always been able to launch it while moving only with my pvp spec, the first one, but I've never been able to do it while in my secondary spec, the pve one, I need to stop moving just to do it, which is annoying.

So I think that there must be some issue with another talent that maybe causes it to been able to cast it while moving or not, or something. I don't know.
    I cast it just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    This macro fixes the issue of Pyroblast! sometimes not casting while moving:

#showtooltip
    /cast Pyroblast!
    Nemex is correct, this is the quick fix until a fix is deployed (if ever), however, this macro does not let you cast a hardcasted pyroblast (not that you ever would really).

Quote Originally Posted by Jankes View Post
    Nemex is correct, this is the quick fix until a fix is deployed (if ever), however, this macro does not let you cast a hardcasted pyroblast (not that you ever would really).
    Its the first cast of my rotation. And normally once every 2minutes for combustion.

This is my macro and I have the same problem:

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [mod:alt] Flame Orb; Pyroblast
    Not sure if removing "/stopcasting" will fix it or that caused by some other talents. Will test it when I am home.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshiro View Post
    This is my macro and I have the same problem:

Not sure if removing "/stopcasting" will fix it or that caused by some other talents. Will test it when I am home.
    Stick [nomod] before pyroblast and give it a try. One of my buddies couldn't get a macro to work and that fixed it up. Worth a shot, at least. Also adding the "!" at the end tends to fix this as well. I've never run into an issue with this post-cata launch, though, so I can't say from experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin View Post
    Its the first cast of my rotation. And normally once every 2minutes for combustion.
    why would u do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Stick [nomod] before pyroblast and give it a try. One of my buddies couldn't get a macro to work and that fixed it up. Worth a shot, at least. Also adding the "!" at the end tends to fix this as well. I've never run into an issue with this post-cata launch, though, so I can't say from experience.
    I cannot try in right now, but as I can imagine, [nomod] will not work for me. Because the error I got is "can't do that while moving ... blah". It is probably not a bug, but can be logically improved by Blizz. I presume if I append "!" at the end of Pyroblast would fix this.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure such problem will not happen on Frostfire Bolt in Frost spec when Brain Freeze proc, where I used exact same macro except the spell's name.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    why would u do that?
    Keeping the DoT up is a DPS increase over just never hard casting it.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Keeping the DoT up is a DPS increase over just never hard casting it.
    That and/or it makes combustion a lot less clunky to use because you only need to wait for 1 out of 3 requirements for combustion (the decent ignite).
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.