Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    What's hard about killing adds and moving out of AoE? :S
    More or less its a problem for heals when you lose 3 percent health per 5 secs,
    the 2 adds NEVER stop spawning and it is annoying for the tank to pick up
    constant interupts are required on the unholy empowerment
    and you have to dps boss while all this is going on i could only do it with a guild to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    the fights stupid easy, and you only need two classes with a 10sec or less CD interrupt.

me: "<player with interrupt 1> interrupt right after he casts asphyxiation, he ALWAYS starts casting a heal immediately after, interrupt that."
    me: "I'll interrupt the other thing, just worry about that one right after asphyxiation"

Im a dk tank, untill about 60% hp I interrupt pain and suffering when I can, after that I just save it for mend rotten flesh, I had a pug earlier that was the other interrupt, and went flawlessly.
    He is glitched unfortunately, and on rare occasions will skip Stay of Execution and immediately jump into a PaS. Had it happen to me twice, both times he immediately killed my healer. Nothing we could have done either

The only annoying thing about this boss is when he rolls straight from Asphyxiation to Dark Archangel without healing. Stop DPS at about 30% and let him Asphyxiate to solve this. They should change it to force him to Stay of Execution after every Asphyxiation.

If you reach the Final 20%, Just have a Death Knight put Ghoul on a dead Party Member - As they take no AoE damage. We actually had a Ghoul Solo the final 15% or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera View Post
    Never wiped on this, even when i had HoS on the tank and died to the aoe, i just ran back in into the instance killed it.. can't see how you can wipe on it

it's because you're obviously the top .0000000000000000000001% baddest ass mf in wow

but i'm gonna tell you something you don't know

if people don't interrupt, you can't kill him

10+ Year Old Account
    I (Fury warrior) usually run this with my guild, and we just set up an interupt rotation. One on the "Stay of Execution" another on the "Pain and Suffering", and last one is one the "Mending Flesh" (i think thats the name).

It really isn't hard if you can do that. Also want to add, whoever is on the Stay of Execution interrupt, to wait til he takes two ticks of the heal then interrupt. This wont heal the boss too much, and it will make it a lot easier on your healer.

The problem i had is that the healer goes oom rly fast and he just cant keep up the aoe at the end D:

BTW grim batol hc last boss is impossible! If you have ranged in your group, they wont move from the boss' bolts, if you have melee, it will be hard with the adds and doing some damage during the swirly storm phase. On randoms, we wipe at 99% becouse the boss just heals himself, on a guild group we wiped on max 60%, becouse the healer just cant heal for that long. Anyway, you guys found an easy way to handle him?

10+ Year Old Account
    The key is to set one interrupter for heals and second (optional) for damaging spell. If only one interrupter is present in a group, healer will have to work hard to heal boss random target during channeling. And healing spell interrupter must never interrupt damaging spell otherwise he may fail to do his job.
    As warlock you have pet with interrupt

For me, as feral tank, this boss is very easy.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    The problem i had is that the healer goes oom rly fast and he just cant keep up the aoe at the end D:

BTW grim batol hc last boss is impossible! If you have ranged in your group, they wont move from the boss' bolts, if you have melee, it will be hard with the adds and doing some damage during the swirly storm phase. On randoms, we wipe at 99% becouse the boss just heals himself, on a guild group we wiped on max 60%, becouse the healer just cant heal for that long. Anyway, you guys found an easy way to handle him?
    Try to have the tank tank the boss in the middle of the room. move to the eye for the storm. i usually run out at about 1.5 sec left on the cast to get to the adds right as they spawn. they can be snared but not stunned. this is when you use cooldowns. hamstring and piercing howl works. we usually put one person on each add, then the third helps kill one then the other (assuming it is a ranged class). beat on the boss and rince and repeat. if the boss is less than 10-15% (depending on your dps) you could ignore the adds and burn the boss, but you take a chance on them breaking an egg if you dont kill the boss quickly.

He is not easy fight. You will need at least two short cd interupter. (Says a rogue perhaps)
    One will need to interupt his heal which cast after his whole group grasp. One will need to interupt his channelling dmg spell. All interupt must have good latency to be able to interupt as soon as he cast the spell. Your healer will need to be good gear because this fight is completely mana drain. Dps also need to be good but not mandatory if u have good healer.

Deleted
    I didn't find this fight that hard, or healing intensive.. I'm a holy priest and we did this with 2 interrupters (Mage & Druid) and since the channel spell (Pain & Suffering I think?) is a magical effect I just dispell it right away. I just put down a Lightwell before we engage him and have our mage take care of the Stay of Execution and interrupt it after 1 tick, and everyone takes a single sip from the well there is really no point to heal above 20-30% of hp just keep the tank alive. After he starts casting Mend Rotten we interrupt it right away (We did miss 1-2) After it gets to his Demon Form with AoE (Or what ever its called) I just simply thow out PoM, PoH, CoH and after we defeat him im 50% mana.

Not sure what other healing classes can do, since I only have my Priest but I'm pretty sure others have some tricks in their sleeves as well And the interrupters need to do their job good as well
    Last edited by mmoc4befefd9e5; 2010-12-20 at 09:01 AM.

I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but all about interrupts.
    Get maybe 2 or 3 interrupts in your group, 2 minimum. Whenever I run it we let 2-3 ticks of stay of execution off allowing the healer some slack, most healers WILL heal their group up in this time before the next Stay of execution, although try not to as you're just wasting mana. The only person you need to heal is the tank and the person getting targeted by the Pain and Suffering channel if not interrupted. Only time he needs to heal the group up is just before the AoE at the end.
    To get a good group I would suggest maybe getting if not a full group but a semi-full group of good players from your own server, if not guild then /2.

bring out a felhunter and you can use your silence. you may only use it once or twice during the whole fight depending on your dps, maybe more, but it can help.

if you have someone with a 4 sec cd interrupt they can be on it full-time, if they're not honestly kick them cause they're just gonna bring your grp down.

I did this guy easily with a feral druid with a 10 sec interrupt cd, and warlock with felhunter's 24 sec silence (I guess that's what he used).

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    people can say omgawds go with people who know what to do but hey ive gone in with 4 people i had run like 12 heroics with and sfk destroyed our group we had a rogue ret(me) disc priest and a warrior and the og was a dk.

the interupts are the hardest we were on this boss for like 45 mins cause we kept missing mend rotten flesh. end interupts on the fight me 12 rogue 6 and the dk on like 2 tank 0 preist 0.

all about interupts you miss one heal your in for long fight in angelic form you dont need to worry about interupts so you only have to interupt something like 8 heals and 4 pain and sufferings.
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast {interrupt spell goes here}

Really tho, a rogue, a warrior, and a DK had trouble interrupting?!?

You can also stop the pain and suffering with a dispel from your healer if you're lacking interrupts.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    You can also stop the pain and suffering with a dispel from your healer if you're lacking interrupts.
    I'd say this is how it was intended to be done in the first place. The healer isn't doing much after the group stablises after Asphyxiation so a single dispel is easy to fit in. Wracking pains doesn't do enough for it to be a major concern unless your healer sucks, in which case you have bigger problems to worry about like phase 2.

You only really need one 1 DPS that can interrupt as ALL tanks can interrupt Stay of execution (Avengers shield and HoJ for you Prot paladins saying nay), they also have nothing else to do during that phase, or the fight really.

Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post

Seriously, if people do what they should that boss is probably the easiest to heal in the game. Only time I've done him in heroic we wiped two times because dps failed to dps down the adds and/or people failing to get into the safe zone during his vortex (whatever it is called), but on the third try we killed him and I ended up with around 80-90% mana left. And got the achievment as well. Hardly had to heal at all.

there are acctualy 2 things to interupt on this boss, no more, no less. Pain and suffering, a channeled spell working similar to drain life, and the "strain" which heals evereryone including the boss. Let the strain channel 40% and then interupt it. Dont waste any interupts on mend rotten flesh if you dont have 3 interupters in the party, it heals way less than the other 2.

As someone above me stated, as a lock, the felpuppy is your friend=)
    Last edited by narwaana; 2010-12-20 at 11:08 AM.

This boss cannot i repeat CANNOT BE WIPED.
    I did it at least 10 times like not more and even first time i gone there its impossible to wipe, when you see that healer is out of mana and fight is going the wrong way because he healed him self too much just run out from instance, what he is going to do ? kill you ?
    1. His melee attacks are very weak
    2. channelled attack is the only thing that can actually kill you but its only if no one can interrupt it what is easy
    3. he will reduce your health to 1%... so what ? he will heal you after that
    If at any point something goes wrong you just run out from instance and start over again.
    I never had a Warlock in my team but i always had at least 4 interrupts and we always did it like that
    Tank interrupts the aoe heal after first tick (then i cas healing rain and spam chain heal)
    I interrupt the channelling dmg (remove magic works as an interrupt surprisingly and it heals from shamans talents) but no problem for someone else to interrupt it.
    when he cast heal its best to have two last people to interrupt it because sometimes miss can happen.
    The only problem i have on this boss is when he change in to dark angel when party is on 30% health and i need to heal everybody its annoying.

But my point being, as long as you have a felpuppy and you tell the group 'i'm interrupting xxx and only this' there is no problem, you are not the problem, the rest of the group is a problem.'

oh and yes if healer keeps group above 50% health before phase 2, its something wrong with the healer, your group don't need so much health on this boss he targets only tank and one random person...
    Last edited by Entalpia; 2010-12-20 at 11:12 AM.
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

Deleted
    I never get SFK when I queue as dps. Instead I get it when I choose to tank. Usually the group then consists of noobs that leave the lethal abilities go through but instead interrupt the AoE heal before first tick goes through, leaving us all at 1 hp and resulting to me getting 1-shot.

It seems to me that most players with interrupts are too dumb to use them to save their lives, from PvP to heroics. Especially warriors and DKs. They have no CC or support abilities and they fail at the one thing that justifies them being dps, this way making themselves completely worthless - especially when most of the time their dps is crap too. These are also the guys who you see letting the enemy healer cast massive 3-sec heals unhindered in battlegrounds. That is, if their lonely brain cell even registers the presence of a healer while they are happily popping all cooldowns trying to down that prot warrior.

A couple of days ago I was tanking in my prot pally offspec and got a rogue in the group. After 2 heroics I had done 100% of all interrupts - about 35 at that point - and people probably know that prot palas don't really have a reliable interrupt ability; instead it's bound to other spells, which have GCD and long cooldowns. He didn't interrupt a single trash mob heal, not a single boss cast, nothing. Even after notified he got one interrupt through. The concentration required for that stressed his small brains so much that it caused him to die in a pool of green slime two seconds later.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2010-12-20 at 11:17 AM.