Behavior vs Money

I am at the moment wondering when people went from enjoying a game to totaly act like they on steroids and slam down on people for no reason.

I have been playing this game since beta. I have meet alot of nice people and some are totalt beond insane in the brain. I must say that last 6 months its gone from ocational / care. To go to hell and die answers from people acting so bad im waiiting for ban hammer to crush the Account.

Reason why im saying this is cause few days back a m8 and mine was doing daily in Twilight highlands. We both have mining and a vein popped upp. We both rushed for it as usual and took it just before a member of same faction got it. He /spit on us and we dident care ofc.

But then he started to whisper my m8. Telling him he was hoping his mother and father would die slowly of cancer and derserved a painful death.
    Usualy we would just ignore that but my friends dad died few months back from cancer and reacted. That was to harsh and he copied it and sent to a Gm.

Answer we got was beond what we could ever dream.
    Answer was Ignore the player and we could not recive any more Comments.

Im just wondering when the line of reason dissapered and when did Blizz totaly stop to have any rules??.
    Thats why im saying Behavior vs Money.

Why any1 would feel the need to trash down is beond me in a game but when reality gets lost i guess blizz defends em.

I understand where you coming from , but i think main reason for such lack luster answers or solutions is, they have 12 million people to handle, if they would act upon every occasion, they might need half the population of wow of GMs to keep everyone happy at all times.... But I agree wow has become more trashed last I played a year ago, maybe its better now, though by the looks of it its not...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think its the kids and the people on drugs that act like that. Even mad no normal person says things like that. I wouldn't expect bliz to fix what parents should have.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've played since beta you should be fully aware that people acting that way on the internet is not something that seems to have crept up on us in the last 6 months. People at the end of Vanilla were just as vicious. People during BC were vicious. In wrath, vicious. In cata? Yup.
    WoW is infamous for the most cruel community of any multiplayer game.

Blizz likes moolah.

Very, very, very, VERY much so.

My server had this one racist, sexist, astronomically offensive server troll who grieved anyone and everyone whenever he could. He spent the better part of one afternoon calling my African American guild leader the "n" word, then slamming another guildie of mine as an "n" word lover, completely slammed a homosexual guildie of mine by referring to him in numerous offensive ways. He spends the better part of his days calling girls in various guilds "c" words and bitches, and whores, jumps into every and any conversation in trade and bull bates anyone he can, filling the channel with slurs and obscenities, and just pretty much takes a giant steaming dump on our server as a whole.

What happened to him?

Several little 3 day bands, once he got a week ban (oh my!), transferred to another server (grieved there), and has now started to pop back up on my server again under his old, infamous, bank alt. Got of free as a bird regardless of spending the entirety of WotLK doing the aforementioned.

So where is the line? I have no idea. Cause this guy can get away with being the most abusive internet scum I've ever come across but I guess if he isn't sharing his account it's all good to Blizz.

But I also know he has several accounts and multiboxes. That's a paying customer right there!

It's a shame, but like with you're tiny, insignificant griever, money speaks louder and the internet has never been a frequently friendly place.
    Last edited by Nesingwary-Eliada; 2010-12-20 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecow View Post
    I think its the kids and the people on drugs that act like that. Even mad no normal person says things like that. I wouldn't expect bliz to fix what parents should have.
    hell even kids are so evil because what this player did is evil pure evil but i think the gm gave to only good solution

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Blizz likes moolah.

Very, very, very, VERY much so.

My server had this one racist, sexist, astronomically offensive server troll who grieved anyone and everyone whenever he could. He spent the better part of one afternoon calling my African American guild leader the "n" word, then slamming another guildie of mine as an "n" word lover, completely slammed a homosexual guildie of mine by referring to him in numerous offensive ways. He spends the better part of his days calling girls in various guilds "c" words and bitches, and whores, jumps into every and any conversation in trade and bull bates anyone he can, filling the channel with slurs and obscenities, and just pretty much takes a giant steaming dump on our server as a whole.

What happened to him?

Several little 3 day bands, once he got a week ban (oh my!), transferred to another server (grieved there), and has now started to pop back up on my server again under his old, infamous, bank alt. Got of free as a bird regardless of spending the entirety of WotLK doing the aforementioned.

So where is the line? I have no idea. Cause this guy can get away with being the most abusive internet scum I've ever come across but I guess if he isn't sharing his account it's all good to Blizz.

But I also know he has several accounts and multiboxes. That's a paying customer right there!

It's a shame, but like with you're tiny, insignificant griever, money speaks louder and the internet has never been a frequently friendly place.
    yeah thank internet anonymity doesn't help and i'm sorry you can't blame blizzard if they are after money buisness is buisness as much as i hate to say that and before blaming blizzard you should blame the family of this person or even the whole society.....
    Last edited by micho; 2010-12-20 at 06:22 AM.

Idiots will be idiots no matter what. Blizzard can't change someone's personality for you, and I do in fact think the GM's advice was a good one. I'm sorry for what happened to you and your friend, that was a very messed up person but to be rational, because he pays as much as you do in order to play the game, he has as much rights to play it. If Blizzard were to ban every single evil, unbearble, foul-mouthed player that gets reported ingame, then the general population of players will most likely dwindle down to maybe half if not less than it's current population. I've known of Blizzard banning people for being assholes ingame if they were reported by a bunch of people so they do try to do something about it, but at the end of the day you need to understand that they are in fact running a business and banning half their players for being miserable and insufferable is not at all in their best interest.