Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    A bit new to the GatherMate addon, so I can't seem to figure out how I take the data you've collected here and import it into my GatherMate. Anyone willing to help?
    Go to: <YOUR WOW FOLDER>\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNTNAME>\SavedVariables

Remember to make a backup of your GatherMate2.lua just incase anything goes wrong.

Scroll down to GatherMate2.lua => Open it in your favorite texteditor (Notepad etc) => Scroll down to the bottom where it says: GatherMate2ArchaeologyDB = {
    }

Copy the information from http://pastie.org/private/9w25jbigql6z1ngxr9kbxw and overwrite the above mentioned text.

If you already have data from before you might want to consider using GatherMate2_Data and doing the same but locate:
    World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\GatherMate2_Data\ArchaeologyData.lua
    and paste it there instead. Then you open wow and write /gathermate2 locate the one called Import from the menu click on merge and finally import.
    Last edited by mmoc2ba09c5683; 2010-12-25 at 05:30 PM.

I cannot post links, but here's the last part of the link to my paste at pastie.org

ixbkf5nrdqvqa3ldrma

That's my data, mostly kalimdor but also some EK.
    Also, I read this on curse: "When using GatherMate2 jump onto fragment before gathering!".

I tried doin that, but everytime I hit import, I get an LUA Error:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\GatherMate2_Data\GatherMateData.lua:154: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
    Time: 12/25/10 11:06:44
    Count: 1
    Stack: [C]: in function `pairs'
    Interface\AddOns\GatherMate2_Data\GatherMateData.lua:154: in function `MergeArchaelogy'
    Interface\AddOns\GatherMate2_Data\GatherMateData.lua:70: in function `PerformMerge'
    Interface\AddOns\GatherMate2\Config.lua:1022: in function <Interface\AddOns\GatherMate2\Config.lua:1013>
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:798: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:613>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:5>
    ...ce\AddOns\GatherMate2\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
    ...ate2\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:22: in function <...ate2\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:19>

Locals: <none>.
    Any ideas?

Deleted
    Only thing that comes to mind is that you somehow screwed up the formatting.

Make sure that it looks something like this (the number might differ):
    GatherMateData2ArchaeologyDB = {
    [201] = {
    <wall of text>
    },
    }

Worst case, upload your ArchaeologyData.lua and we will take a look at it to see where things go wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc2ba09c5683; 2010-12-29 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Epic grammar.

I had that issue. The problem is that you are copying and pasting their files, which for whatever reason start with GatherMate2ArchaeologyDB instead of GatherMateData2ArchaeologyDB. Changing that is your fix.

Quote Originally Posted by ostjaevel View Post
    Only thing that comes to mind is that you somehow screwed up the formatting.

Make sure you that it looks something like this (the number might differ):
    GatherMateData2ArchaeologyDB = {
    [201] = {
    <wall of text>
    },
    }

Worst case, upload your ArchaeologyData.lua and we will take a look at it to see where things go wrong.
    This is what my problem was, thanks!

Deleted
    Leveled my archaeology from 1-450 in Kalimdor adding alot more digsitespawns to the GatherMate2 lua file using the one posted in this thread.

Alot of you certainly have a greater deal of spawnsites, but for you who are to begin level this godly hateful proffession could use some additional data.

Data

note that I haven't added anything in eastern kingdoms, only in kalimdor. Description how to add it see a few posts above me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Quote for truth. There is no point to even attempt this. Dig sites are not shared and they are completely random. You don't need an add-on for them - just open your map and look for the shovels.
    We're not after the truth, we're only after the fact.