Thread: Still ninjas...

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Still ninjas...

So I had been running GB for ages trying to get my trinket from the first boss (Im a rogue) and finally after god knows how many runs...it drops. It was me needing, and everyone else had passed/DE/greed except for the resto shaman. He needed, and won it. I asked him why he needed it when he was resto, and I expected something silly like 'offspec', but instead...

'lol i need ilvl so i can get to heroics, ill replace it then.'

I really really lost faith in humanity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ouch sorry man as a shaman healer i dont approve of this the only gear that helps my item lvl is my main spec as a healer yes i am working on a of spec now but i dont need a item that someone needs for there main spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty fucked up & yes sadly there still are ninjas out there. I won't say that I haven't taken my share of greens or BOP blues that nobody need simply to help my enchanting out but I don't need unless nobody else needs or I really am going to put it on.

There should be some kind of special loot rules , so people don't roll on OS items . I have seen too many time DPS roling on tank items , tanks on dps/heal items and healers rolling on everything ......
    BTW I have lost faith in humanity a long time ago...actualy I have faith that there will be atleast someone who wants to screw you over.

Try losing Gale of Shadows heroic to an enhancement shaman since "well flame shock is a dot and it has haste" and to a mutilate rogue for ilvl. The LFD and loot system worked fine when everyone wasn't gearing up, but now that everyone is whoring ilvl for heroics and to reach the magic 346 number of yay no more! the loot system completely fails. Run with guildies (as annoying as that answer is) is the only real solution in the mean time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

That's how the coockie crumbles :/

I feel your pain. I was running with my gf and a back dropped with spirit on it and the Mage need on it while my gf holy pally really needed it so I needed it too and I won and the Mage qq and then left. Justice!!
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

I scraped and scrounged my way into heroics- found all the best rogue gear from quests, ground my reps and bought gear, had enough JP to buy a couple pieces... I had -real- gear when I queued.

My very first heroic, I was a CC master, stayed out of stuff, used defensive cooldowns to help out the healer... And was rewarded with 2 rogue drops! Shoulders, and a ring; and I was the only leather-wearer.

And this idiot warrior who was wearing full greens (no clue how he even managed to queue), who died on every boss and many of the trash pulls, needs on the ring and won it!
    After fifteen minutes of trying to explain to him that those items weren't for warriors, that they wanted strength gear, I had absolutely no luck getting him to trade it.
    (I'm not a warrior expert or anything, so if there is a valid reason for them to still use agi stuff I apologize, but trust me that this guy was dumb enough not to know either.)
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have called out my own guild mates over this, some of them bought blues to carry in their bags to hit the ilvl for heroics and then were grossly unprepared when finally getting into said heroics those first couple days. That sucks and I'm sorry, if it makes you feel better I keep losing gear to people's offspecs.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nartalath View Post
    I scraped and scrounged my way into heroics- found all the best rogue gear from quests, ground my reps and bought gear, had enough JP to buy a couple pieces... I had -real- gear when I queued.

My very first heroic, I was a CC master, stayed out of stuff, used defensive cooldowns to help out the healer... And was rewarded with 2 rogue drops! Shoulders, and a ring; and I was the only leather-wearer.

And this idiot warrior who was wearing full greens (no clue how he even managed to queue), who died on every boss and many of the trash pulls, needs on the ring and won it!
    After fifteen minutes of trying to explain to him that those items weren't for warriors, that they wanted strength gear, I had absolutely no luck getting him to trade it.
    (I'm not a warrior expert or anything, so if there is a valid reason for them to still use agi stuff I apologize, but trust me that this guy was dumb enough not to know either.)
    There is no reason. Players are needing EVERY single item that has the need dice lit up in regs for the ilvl regardless of stats, and even continuing (though not AS bad but still awful) in heroics for the same reason.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

It's sad to see that its a universal thing

welcome to my world. An agility ring dropped for my shaman and the tank needed and won. His excuse was the same as your guy's. Except he never equipped the ring and his rings were already a higher ilvl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStrangeLuv View Post
    welcome to my world. An agility ring dropped for my shaman and the tank needed and won. His excuse was the same as your guy's. Except he never equipped the ring and his rings were already a higher ilvl.
    Sorry to hear that but truth be told as long long as its higher then any of his gear that he uses it will still help his item lvl.. Once again sorry about your luck i hope you get your item soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    There is no reason. Players are needing EVERY single item that has the need dice lit up in regs for the ilvl regardless of stats, and even continuing (though not AS bad but still awful) in heroics for the same reason.
    Yeah, it certainly gave heroics a bad taste for me as my first experience with them. Literally his only reason was, "Then why would Blizz let me Need on it if I shouldn't use it?"
    To which I replied, "I could punch a baby right now and it still wouldn't be right. Just because you -can- do something doesn't mean you should"
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

This is pretty bad but there seems to be a new trend occuring that's even worse than just flat ninja's. There are people bringing 2-3 of their same realm or guild on random's not so much for their company... but for their rolls. They'll bring people who can roll on pretty much "any" type of item that they want. Then instead of 2 people who need it competing you get 3-4 people rolling on the item so the one person with the "friends" has a considerably higher chance of actually getting the item because they're getting multiple rolls towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This is pretty bad but there seems to be a new trend occuring that's even worse than just flat ninja's. There are people bringing 2-3 of their same realm or guild on random's not so much for their company... but for their rolls. They'll bring people who can roll on pretty much "any" type of item that they want. Then instead of 2 people who need it competing you get 3-4 people rolling on the item so the one person with the "friends" has a considerably higher chance of actually getting the item because they're getting multiple rolls towards it.

Actually did a random when the guildies were offline and got put into a pug with 4 druids from the same guild. Dropped that one quick.....

I suppose all the stories here in this thread just reinforces that you should run heroics with a group of guildies as much as possible.

Deleted
    i think its ok. He might give you the lamest reason but fact is he CAN spec dps. I know some people wants us to "roll as you come" but how will you ever gear up for a potential respec in the future?

Some dude called me a ninja cos i rolled for a tanking trinket. i was kitty in the grp. "OMG STUPID CAT WHY NINJA?? YOU ARE DPS" Had to ask if he ever heard of drood tanks...

Bottom line... dont hate the player, hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This isn't a new thing.
    When I do guild runs (usually only 4 of us) and our tank needs something and on the off chance the dps that is a pug rolls on it ofcourse I'm going to roll on it aswell.
    Tough break

Rolling on offspec without declaring, or rolling on off and mainspec in one run, though it may be a bit dickish depending on the situation, is to be expected. But needing for no other reason other than higher ilvl? it's abusing the system and makes you a 100% douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by moohmooh View Post
    i think its ok. He might give you the lamest reason but fact is he CAN spec dps. I know some people wants us to "roll as you come" but how will you ever gear up for a potential respec in the future?

Some dude called me a ninja cos i rolled for a tanking trinket. i was kitty in the grp. "OMG STUPID CAT WHY NINJA?? YOU ARE DPS" Had to ask if he ever heard of drood tanks...

Bottom line... dont hate the player, hate the game.
    well if everyone's gearing their OS, how are people suppose to gear their MS?

You ask how you're suppose to gear your OS once you switch to it, and the simple answer is how did you gear your current MS? Don't need on things people NEED and you just MIGHT need sometime in future. i mean seriously, dick move.