Torn between two choices

Hey guys, nub here. Well, I played WoW during TBC and recently I've decided to come back. Before starting a new character I've taken awhile to read up on things and understand as much as I can about the game, classes, etc. Enough that I've narrowed my choices down to being either a warrior or a druid.

I'd like to eventually do raiding and PvP, and with my knowledge I know that you are greatly prioritized as a tanker (since so many people want to DPS) when being selected for raids and such. So I know that druids and warriors both make good tanks. I've also noticed that both these classes seem to do great in PvP (provided I could switch between arms/prot as a warrior) as well.

So, I'm asking you guys to help a returning player out here--what should I pick? And which race for druid, or warrior? Lemme know what you think =)

Troll Druid... Druids give u the best off all 3 areas... so if u get bored of say tanking u can start doing a kitty or a tree....
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    either troll or NE druid.

Why are troll druids superior to taurens that have more HP? I've read that the HP addition doesnt really benefit Druids much? True?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both a warrior and a druid and i would have to say it all depends on what you wanna do. Their both good at pvp, but if you are talking about raiding then see what you are interested in. If you are not sure then i would roll the druid because they can do everything and are good at it to. And for races Horde druid - Troll (cause their awesome) Warrior- Tough choice...
    Alliance druid - Worgen (cause their worgen...) Warrior - Tough choice...
    Whats a signature?

This is a matter of preference so I'll give my opinion. I'd say NE or Tauren Warrior depends on which faction you prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids are nice in that they can do everything. Where you will run into a problem is that the mechanics in each specialization are somewhat dull to play in comparison to the roles they mimic (though this was greatly improved with Wrath). I would put it this way: If you ever think you want to heal or do ranged DPS, roll the druid. If neither of those roles appeal to you, roll the warrior. I find prot warrior to be a hell of a lot more fun to play than bear druid.

Oh, and as far as race goes, you really can't go wrong with anything these days. Racials are fairly even across the board. Though humans with their "Every Man for Themselves" is really nice.
    Last edited by Stevegasm; 2010-12-20 at 07:39 AM.

Druid, they are way better than warriors. Come on you really have a hard time picking? You get to be a BEAR !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWCanada View Post
    Why are troll druids superior to taurens that have more HP? I've read that the HP addition doesnt really benefit Druids much? True?
    It was changed years ago so I'm suprised people still havent noticed. Fair enough, you played on tbc but I think it was changed on 2.4 or so. Basically, it doesnt matter because its BASE health not stamina or health from gear. You wont have "5% more stamina" at endgame gear or anything. In wrath you might've had like what, 150 health more than other warrior with totally similiar gear even at ICC gear because its base health? Dont stress it. Also taurens are huge so.

Also, go warrior. Good tank and warbringer is best talent in the game, 3 charge abilities in combat? Yes please. Best mobility of any class in the game and charge is most fun ability in the game imo. Also arms has really fun feel, it feels like actual warrior. Cat dps? Pfft :P scratching someone to death.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2010-12-20 at 07:40 AM.

Dwarf Warrior. Best thing i've ever played

...so are you saying that Taurens are superior? :P

depends which faction you prefer
    if you're rolling alliance i'd go Worgen druid in Cata

between the two classes you mention and the fact you aren't sure id say roll a Druid

why ?

because you aren't sure

let me explain: Druids can play 4 specs. they are the only class that can play 4 specs.
    (tank, melee dps, caster dps, healer)

the fact you aren't sure what you want to do suggests you'd enjoy having that choice at your disposal if you change you mind about excatly what roll you want to play after you've leveled the charater a good bit.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf druid

15+ Year Old Account
    Have to lock this because it is a direct violation of section 13.6.2 of the Forum Guidelines.

13.6.2. Pointless threads
    "Which class should I roll?" is a frequently reoccurring thread.

There is no real discussion to be had about which class any individual should play. This is a very personal decision and all anyone can really do is post their personal favourites over and over again.

If you wish to find out more information about specific classes, feel free to browse our Class Forums. You can also try to use the forum's search function if you have a specific question about a class.

Other examples of pointless threads include, but are not limited to:
    • Which race should I roll?
    • Which faction is better for me?
    • Which is the best PvE/PvP/... realm?
    • Looking for RAF partner
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines