Poll: Keg totems?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    I imagine they are wanting to make the dwarfs different from the warhammer dwarfs who are all about the beer.
    There are dwarves that are not all about the beer?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    But can't you just imagine the keg breaking and beer spilling sound effect when the totem was destroyed? EPIC!
    I am reminded of that scene in Shrek 1 where he kills all of Lord Farqual's knights (spelling?)

Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    Why do people select "No" on this poll?
    Because keg totems would imply that dwarves are useless drunkards, while they are not. And hammers symbolize their hard work(building cities inside mountains is harder than making huts from palm leaves and sticks).
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2010-12-20 at 03:35 PM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    There's more to the race than alcohol. It would have been a damn shame if they made the class/race combo into a joke. I really like how Dwarf Shamans turned out.
    Thank you. Honestly, why does this keg suggestion keep coming up? Beer isn't as hilarious as people seem to think it is.

You can drink alcohol and get completely smashed and still be honourable.
    People who do bad things while drunk were bad people before they became drunk, it just lowered the inhibitions.
    Sorry to all the people that use alcohol as an excuse but your wrong ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Title says it all, dwarf totems should have been kegs.
    Voted yes just reading the title.

I love my shaman totems tho
    - Nom Nom

You realize horde has a daily quest in Twilight Highlands where they DESTROY kegs of ale?
    And I was sad as I did it, what a waste. I mean, that stuff "is 220 proof; I don't even know how that's possible."

Quote Originally Posted by tribalcheetah View Post
    There are dwarves that are not all about the beer?
    ... There are?

A bunch of drunks. All of you I swear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post
    Blizz, hire this person!

Such a short topic, filled with epicness.
    You know, that suggestion was made more than a half a year ago.

I made a drawing for deviantart of a Drunken dwarf with Kegs as totems.

I think a million already have suggested this, and it was also suggestion at Blizzcon.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    WHAT about the Epic looking GOBLIN totems!
    I <3 them!!

It is indeed possible, and common, to be honorable while drunk. In vino veritas and all that. I would've loved for the dwarf totems to look like hammers too. Or anvils. The bullet on a stick look they have is still better than what draenei are stuck with though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasgart View Post
    This.

The wildhammer dwarves and dwarves generally speaking are an honorable race, not a group of complete retards/Drunkards.
    Retards? no. Drunkards? ... You can bet your last mug on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Just fyi, no offense was meant towards dwarves. I personally feel that their breweries are a proud part of their heritage, and 15 seconds at brewfest proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that I am 100% right about that. If you want to argue that dwarves lives aren't centered around their world famous brews, then you have never actually played a dwarf.
    Beer does not go hand in hand with "retardedness" or "stupidity". To suggest such is ignorant and more offensive toowards the dwarven culture than anything I've ever said.
    And to suggest that dwarf shamans don't appreciate liquor is to suggest that they aren't dwarves at all.

dorfs: kegs
    trolls: little troll ruin things, the ground around them is sandy like the uldum portal in sw and a stone piece of troll architecture likea little tablet or urn appears.
    gobilns: garish neon signs "discount wind element one week only"
    dranei: eh, frigg em.

The comedy lover in my says yes. The lorewhore in me says no. Dwarves love to drink, but that is no more what characterizes them than any one fact about any other one race. I suppose we could all look at trolls and their jamaican theme and assume they're all tropical stoners, or look at their savage tribal history and assume they're all cannibals and butchers, but there is so much more to them. Every race has a rich lore to it and every race has its rich lore overshadowed to most of the player base with one or two token characteristics it is known for.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Deleted
    I'd race change in minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    You realize horde has a daily quest in Twilight Highlands where they DESTROY kegs of ale?

...geeez , and they say Allies commit more warcrimes. :\