Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ways to reduce LFG wait times

I posted this in a /rant thread but besides for the "roll a healer/tank" argument, what could be some ways to reduce the wait times for dungeons (my current wait times are like 40-45 mins).

I was thinking about perhaps a dungeon that does NOT require a healer or tank. Make the boss(es) a DPS race or have a "healing pool" that you must go to during the fight or something like that. The party is comprised of 5 DPS only. This I think would help reduce wait times immensely.

Any other ideas?

Deleted
    Get some real life friends or in game friends.

lol, let's suppose we have friends, but are playing when limited people are on (at 5am my guild is pretty dead)

get a job or go to school and play when everyone else does :>

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    arms/fury wars, ret pallies, frost/unholy dks and balance/kitty druids can't join LFD?

Wait until there are more people at lvl 85.

Thats to much work for something that they don't care much about, there isn't really anything that you can do and blizz won't do what OP said because thats not going to help anything really. Either make friends with a healer or tank... or deal with it because there is nothing you can do but wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    there are already 60% dps in the most groups, and the tank is dealing damage as well. 5 dps groups are boring. blackmail your friends to roll a tank and healer and be good at it and join you on your dungeonruns will be your best call to reduce the wait time. and go decide to sleep if noone is on, cuz i normally sleep at least 25% of the day, and more than 75% of the day there are more than 5 people online. gogo profit =D

Knowing the community, an all dps dungeon would have people who play tanks and healers crying that someone gets something they do not. This game has become "if they have it, I want it too!" afterall...
    Otherwise, just get some friends. Guildies may not be on at 5am, but that does not mean other people are not...
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Before you do that can the DPS place do a better job? Not all DPS mind you but I have tanked several heroics now with mages that refuse to sheep, Rogues that refuse to sap, and Shamans that refuse to hex. They say just tank it all and burn it down. Then they blame the healer when we die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    Silly one:

Healer/Tank "jury duty". If you play a class which can heal and/or tank, every 5 times you queue as DPS you are forced to tank and/or heal.

- This would only apply when you queue alone.

- For classes who can both tank and heal, you will be given a choice between tanking or healing duty.

- Queuing as healer or tank (whether in group or not) will build up "credit", allowing you to queue as DPS more times before your next "jury duty".

- For those without gear or a spec, you will be provided blizzard approved cookie cutter spec and gear, the gear will be of the minimum itemlevel for the dungeon you queued for. You can change spec to your own healing/tanking spec and change your gear once in the dungeon.

- You cannot change to a non tank/healer spec until you leave the dungeon, incurring the deserter debuff.

- Players on duty will recieve extra rewards (extra JP and/or a piece of healing/tanking loot) to encourage them to complete the dungeon.
    Haha you think pugs are bad now, what do you think will happen when people play something they have no idea how to play?

Won't happen...

Deleted
    Theres alot of people saying "get friends" here but as a healer I can say that nearly all of my friends are DPS, its just the most popular role, by a very long way.

I actually think a dungeon set up this way could be alot of fun if it was a one off but it would risk DPS asking for a dungeon like this for every tier, then a raid like this and I think it would end up being too much.
    Last edited by mmoc9eeaaea509; 2010-12-20 at 08:23 PM.

Sign up for the run as a tank/healer and afk til 1 person leaves then requeue as a dps and enjoy the instant tank/healer arrival.

Honestly I could feel my teeth grinding another inch or so after reading this, you would just be back complaining that the que for a "DPS Race" Instance being 40-50 minutes. Besides there are bosses with DPS races in them already, get over it, your playing a spec that's a dime a dozen, if you really hate the que, find a friend or learn to do another roll so it's not as long.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Um no. Tank+healer+3 DPS - that's how it's supposed to be done. The next step after what you suggest is solo dungeons and all I have to say to that is hell no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

That idea actually isn't that bad. But it would be more fair if it dropped worse loot than the normal instances and had a 1 hour cd or something, so that dps had to do the normal instances too to upgrade their gear. Otherwise there might be a shortage of dps in the normal instances.

You see I have a tank (pally) and two healers (druid/priest) and those are easy to get gear for, the problem is I enjoy playing my rogue and with 40-50 min wait times it makes it hard to gear him. I would LOVE it if they made VP/JPs account bound. Then I would run dungeons on my tank and gear my alts quickly and efficiently AND help my guildy DPS get gear also

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    Silly one:

Healer/Tank "jury duty". If you play a class which can heal and/or tank, every 5 times you queue as DPS you are forced to tank and/or heal.

- This would only apply when you queue alone.

- For classes who can both tank and heal, you will be given a choice between tanking or healing duty.

- Queuing as healer or tank (whether in group or not) will build up "credit", allowing you to queue as DPS more times before your next "jury duty".

- For those without gear or a spec, you will be provided blizzard approved cookie cutter spec and gear, the gear will be of the minimum itemlevel for the dungeon you queued for. You can change spec to your own healing/tanking spec and change your gear once in the dungeon.

- Cookie cutter gear will be removed when you leave the dungeon.

- You cannot change to a non tank/healer spec until you leave the dungeon, incurring the deserter debuff.

- Players on duty will recieve extra rewards (extra JP and/or a piece of healing/tanking loot) to encourage them to complete the dungeon.

- (Optional) Tutorials will be provided, teaching the basics of tanking and healing.

- Tutorials will become mandatory if a player fails (does not complete the dungeon) five jury duty runs in a row, the player will be required to complete the tutorial (which features a basic practical exam at the end) before he can queue for a random dungeon again.
    OK so I don't trust a single ret paladin to do anything, let alone tank for me. That is scary

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Sign up for the run as a tank/healer and afk til 1 person leaves then requeue as a dps and enjoy the instant tank/healer arrival.
    They'll just kick you. This only really works when the tank/healer ditches or gets kicked.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dbme View Post
    You see I have a tank (pally) and two healers (druid/priest) and those are easy to get gear for, the problem is I enjoy playing my rogue and with 40-50 min wait times it makes it hard to gear him. I would LOVE it if they made VP/JPs account bound. Then I would run dungeons on my tank and gear my alts quickly and efficiently AND help my guildy DPS get gear also
    And never actually spend time playing your alts because you're always running dungeons on your tank? Doesn't sound very fun to me.