Thread: New Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    In the cookie jar. Stay The F*ck Away From It.

New Paladin

So I'm starting a new Paladin and I wanted to know wether a Tauren or a Blood Elf would be most awesome from a tanking perspective?
    Not viewing looks etc, which one is the best tank?
    Abandon all hope to humanity and you won't be disappointed in random LFGs.

My Rogue

And waay too many alts

Tauren. A Tauren with a long tail to fit the 10 character required.

tauren have better racials for tanking

Deleted
    Depends what you like really. Tauren has slightly more hp and a short stun. Blood elves have a silence for those caster mobs. I would go Tauren tho.

As much as I'm ashamed that its the Taurens that are the other paladin class for Horde, If your going to be tanking they are definitely better as they have the stun that generates aggro...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    As much as I'm ashamed that its the Taurens that are the other paladin class for Horde, If your going to be tanking they are definitely better as they have the stun that generates aggro...
    Ashamed? What other race would be suitable for Paladins? Orc? HAH. Troll? Heh. Goblin? Haha. Forsaken? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA.

Tauren truly is the only other race worthy of being a Paladin after Blood Elfs (I personally don't like Blood Elf Paladins, but it's whatever).

To the OP, Tauren hands down. Though, honestly, it's not groundbreaking either way.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugly people hate belfs cuz they look better then them in RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Ashamed? What other race would be suitable for Paladins? Orc? HAH. Troll? Heh. Goblin? Haha. Forsaken? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA.

Tauren truly is the only other race worthy of being a Paladin after Blood Elfs (I personally don't like Blood Elf Paladins, but it's whatever).

To the OP, Tauren hands down. Though, honestly, it's not groundbreaking either way.
    lol... Giant bulls aren't really better then orcs...

and yes personally I am actually waiting for forsaken paladin then i will race change from Blood Elf! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post

lol...Forsaken would probably be better? they could already be priests, and there were humans in lordaeron who were already paladins so.....?
    taurens probably 2nd best option lore wise

dont be so abrasive with your posts, jeebus

15+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken Paladins is a cute concept.

Holy Priests != Paladins. Wasn't it that lorewise, the undead priests would just be shadow? At least that's what it used to be, they could only be shadow priests, but since in game you can't quite do that, it's available as holy. But either way, the Holy Light is used differently by Paladins than say Holy Priests. I've heard it said that there is justification for Undead Holy Priests and that by much dedication, and focus it prevent's the light from tearing away at their very essence, that's the light of a Holy Priest, now Place the manifested Holy Light of a paladin, and well that wouldn't end up too pretty. I'd like it if they were allowed but anytime they did anything but autoattack (without seal) it killed themselves in turn.

The former human Paladins of Lordaeron had the light forsake them, and in turn of that, they turned their backs to the light too. The Tauren are of a different level though, they are generally peaceful, docile, in tune with the working of things, but bold, strong, powerful and noble.

The only example of a Forsaken Paladin which is even arguable is Sir Zeliek, who is on a COMPLETELY different level than any normal Undead, even then, if you could argue the very fine line about his current existence, and his ability to wield the retributive light, a single example does not justify much.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature