Grunt

Benefits from Alchemy (WoD start)

Heyya, and sorry in advance if this question's been asked here before:

Simply put, what's the big deal about having say 9-11 alchemist characters at the start of WoD? With or without garrison buildings to support it.

The Patient
    In previous expansions, if you have 9-11 transmute masters. Then you should be able to transmute 9-11 times a day. Which in this expansion is "Living steel"

I myself do this and I make around 13-17 living steel every day. As for WoD, I can see there is a transmute with a 1 day cooldown but I am more concerned about how garrison professions may affect CD on trasmutes.

So there is still more information to be released

Well there's a few factors to consider.

First, the transmute that we are seeing so far are for "Alchemical Catalyst" which are primarily used for flask generation.

Second, datamined information from WoWhead shows two transmutes for Alchemical Catalyst. One is your standard use once on daily reset CD (produces 4) [spell id = 156587], but the second transmute [spell id = 168042] reads "Produces 10. May also yield Sorcerous Fire and/or Sorcerous Water. Can be performed up to three times in a row, but it takes 24 hours to recover 1 use."

So you could make up to 30 catalysts in one go with a 24 hr cd to recover 1 use (or 3 days to recover all 3 uses), without transmute mastery.

Speculating here that one version is for players with alchemy and the second version is the NPC who works in Alchemist Lab building. If this is so (and similar across the board for the rest of the profession), then you can clearly see the advantages of still having all professions (scattered amongst various toons) over just having a garrison profession building. Naturally this also underscores the benefit of having the same profession building with said profession as well.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWOD!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Well there's a few factors to consider.

First, the transmute that we are seeing so far are for "Alchemical Catalyst" which are primarily used for flask generation.

Second, datamined information from WoWhead shows two transmutes for Alchemical Catalyst. One is your standard use once on daily reset CD (produces 4) [spell id = 156587], but the second transmute [spell id = 168042] reads "Produces 10. May also yield Sorcerous Fire and/or Sorcerous Water. Can be performed up to three times in a row, but it takes 24 hours to recover 1 use."

So you could make up to 30 catalysts in one go with a 24 hr cd to recover 1 use (or 3 days to recover all 3 uses), without transmute mastery.

Speculating here that one version is for players with alchemy and the second version is the NPC who works in Alchemist Lab building. If this is so (and similar across the board for the rest of the profession), then you can clearly see the advantages of still having all professions (scattered amongst various toons) over just having a garrison profession building. Naturally this also underscores the benefit of having the same profession building with said profession as well.
    I really doubt that garrisons will allow you to do the really useful items. I would say in terms of alchemy. It would allow you to make potions and flasks but never transmutes that require global cooldown.