Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Baradin Hold embaressingly easy?

My guild just went in to Throne/Blackwing Descent and got no where getting our butts kicked for a couple hours. SO we go over to Tol Barad and decide to try it and one shot the fight? I know they are supposed to be easy but it was so much easier to do than anything else..not even intensive healing i finished with 40% mana.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should've tried it a couple weeks ago when your guild wasn't all heroic geared and crap. A bit tougher with questing gear and gear from normal 5 mans for the most part. And yeah, the whole reason behind places like VoA and BH is this: easy loot from easy bosses for quick gearing.

Also, were you doing 10 or 25 man? 25 man is a bit tougher imho.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

People are never happy. Its either to easy, or to hard. Just play the game...

It is a rather simplistic fight, but there is still a strat, and retarded people (not saying you) will still wipe on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, still not pug-able with an average group.

My guildie tried to pug it yesterday, said he wiped from the moment they won TB until the battle started again.

Apparently, moving from fire is still difficult.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I had taken the voa/Tol Borad bosses to just be a combination of free loot and dps/healer stress tests, and nothing too out of the rdinary. Consider it your check for actual raids.

Yes, it needs buffed. I did it two days after 85, that's how bad it is. I was 85 first week of Cata too, on the 9th and finished the raid on the 11th

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind BH being this easy if it dropped loot just slightly better than heroic loot, but now it drops T11 and S9 gear, which is just awful.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    It's supposed to be easy. It's the new VoA.

I haven't tried it yet, but these bosses seem to be the "come get your epixx" bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixl View Post
    I haven't tried it yet, but these bosses seem to be the "come get your epixx" bosses.
    boss*

And I can tell you emphatically that the real raids are not that easy.

e: considering that it's loot lottery and doesn't drop a single unique item, it should be easy comparatively.

e2: my favorite part is how the boss is significantly harder than most VoA fights.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    boss*
    I was using the WotLK VoA bosses as an example aswell. Everything was easy in WotLK, but the VoA bosses was even easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixl View Post
    I was using the WotLK VoA bosses as an example aswell. Everything was easy in WotLK, but the VoA bosses was even easier.
    I think you are just jumping on the wotlk is easy band wagon, wotlk had some of the hardest fights we have ever seen
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I think you are just jumping on the wotlk is easy band wagon, wotlk had some of the hardest fights we have ever seen
    Perhaps, but as a healer it's a lot more challanging now than it was in WotLK. And you can't say WotLK in general was that hard. At LEAST not the VoA bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    Yes, it needs buffed. I did it two days after 85, that's how bad it is. I was 85 first week of Cata too, on the 9th and finished the raid on the 11th
    To be fair this really tells us nothing of the difficulty, b/c we have no idea what role you were playing, and if it were dps, it's entirely possible to carry someone undergeared. All you need is an average of about 10-11k dps per person among 6 dps'ers, so for everybody around 7k dps you just need one person around 14k. Furthermore, it's not out of the question whatsoever to have been in full 346 or greater by that date, in fact I was on account of taking days off of work and playing hard for the release week, and having capped 4k JP to spend on two pieces right off the bat.

The group I recently did it with pulled about 76k dps total, with a mage dying on the first fire phase, and we hit the enrage timer pretty much exactly. That seems like totally reasonable tuning for the very first raid, designed to be readily puggable (And if anyone argues that this is supposed to be a guild-only boss, how are you supposed to schedule a run when you don't know whether or not your faction is going to own a zone? There is absolutely nothing wrong with these vault-style bosses being simpler in strat and slightly less-tuned than the regular raids.)
    Last edited by underdogba; 2010-12-21 at 04:41 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    I wouldn't mind BH being this easy if it dropped loot just slightly better than heroic loot, but now it drops T11 and S9 gear, which is just awful.
    You say this as if VoA didn't do the same.... for the past 2 years. >_>
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You say this as if VoA didn't do the same.... for the past 2 years. >_>
    That was WotLK, I didn't expect much. But this is Cata, I expected it to be harder.
    Vol'jin fanboy

It's supposed to be a reward boss for Tol Barad. And a basic dps check before stepping into an actual raid.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    boss*

And I can tell you emphatically that the real raids are not that easy.

e: considering that it's loot lottery and doesn't drop a single unique item, it should be easy comparatively.

e2: my favorite part is how the boss is significantly harder than most VoA fights.
    definitely not harder than VOA first week.

10+ Year Old Account
    The raid is there to promote pvping in tol barad, if it didnt give epics, nobody would run it, simple as that.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.