Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekx View Post
    People are never happy. Its either to easy, or to hard. Just play the game...

It is a rather simplistic fight, but there is still a strat, and retarded people (not saying you) will still wipe on it.
    I agree. People say heroics are hard. I don't think they are hard. I think they are mind numbingly annoying to do with pugs. They are easy with guildies or people you can trust.

That being said, Argaloth isn't that complex. 3 or 4 mechanics i think in total. Meteor Slash, Curse, the debuff it gives after the meteor slash, than the fire storm thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be beatable by PvP players in PvP gear, so it is easy..
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

15+ Year Old Account
    25man 1 week after launch was pretty hard i must say .. avg lvl in group just above 333 .. well anyway soon everything will be easy again .. or atleast most
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

It is easy, but it still has mechanics to separate the idiots from the good players.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthas View Post
    25man 1 week after launch was pretty hard i must say .. avg lvl in group just above 333 .. well anyway soon everything will be easy again .. or atleast most
    Yes, a lot of the 25 mans who tried to do it in the first week or two of Cataclysm only barely beat it.

Save for guilds like Ensidia, Paragon, Premonition and the other top top ones. Was a gear check for dps pretty much lol.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It's not supposed to be hard. It's there really to just speed up the gearing process a bit in both PvE and PvP.

we had everyone on 10man doing it about 2-3 days of dinging 85 doing it. it was healer intensive and very very tight on dps. We hit enrage a few times and got a 6k wipe before killing it. This week we went back and killed it without hero

Undergeared- Pretty fucking hard
    >346 avg- Pretty damn reasonable.
    My guild couldnt do it with <333 avg, but after waiting 3 days, we strolled in, and 2shot it (The first attempt we didnt have a timer for the enrage, and didnt start to scatter at the 10 second mark)

Well I mean.. after wiping constantly in the real raids you need something to let the stress out right?

That's what this is for.

Besides if your raid can pull of at LEAST 72k DPS overall you should have no problem downing him.
    Last edited by Glomp; 2010-12-21 at 05:39 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see the problem, he still has over a 100 drops on his loot table, so youre chance of getting something is stupidly small, it's at most a weekly boost too valor points.

Deleted
    Well, baradin hold is really easy, if everyone does over 10k dps and don't stand in fire he will die, and you can do 10k dps atleast while in ilvl333 if u can play.

It's a good way to prepare for raids. It's a simple fight, but it's still not a tank and spank fight. I did it with a pug. We all had at max 5 or 6 heroic pieces with quest greens and normal blues. It took us 6 or 7 tries, but we got it down. We had outstanding execution, it was just the dps that was struggling, but we finally hit the magic dps number and got him down.

Emalon the first week before the MASSIVE nerfs wiped my guild a couple times. That was fairly hard.

New boss is easy, but not as easy as voa was.

I thought Brutallus was harder when we were at level 70.

Oh wait...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Should've tried it a couple weeks ago when your guild wasn't all heroic geared and crap. A bit tougher with questing gear and gear from normal 5 mans for the most part. And yeah, the whole reason behind places like VoA and BH is this: easy loot from easy bosses for quick gearing.

Also, were you doing 10 or 25 man? 25 man is a bit tougher imho.
    This doesn't make sense to me.
    Why would you intentionally gimp yourself when facing a challenge ? Or at least you think you'd be facing a challenge.

Raids are a step after Heroics, so if you're going to raid, you need Heroic gear (not saying that it's a must, but it's the progression, can't argue about that).

Have not stepped into raids yet, barely Heroics, so no personal experience on whether it's easy or hard, but I get the impression that the boss (bosses?) there is just a glorified vendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz View Post
    This doesn't make sense to me.
    Why would you intentionally gimp yourself when facing a challenge ? Or at least you think you'd be facing a challenge.

Raids are a step after Heroics, so if you're going to raid, you need Heroic gear (not saying that it's a must, but it's the progression, can't argue about that).

Have not stepped into raids yet, barely Heroics, so no personal experience on whether it's easy or hard, but I get the impression that the boss (bosses?) there is just a glorified vendor.
    "Raids" and "Baradin Hold" are 2 different catagories.

Deleted
    I managed to pug this last week with people that had just done the battle. Took us three tries. Although, some guildies tried to pug it later and didn't have the dps to down him. I guess it's about voa level. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I think you are just jumping on the wotlk is easy band wagon, wotlk ICC HM had 1 of the hardest fights we have ever seen
    Fixed for you. 99% correct generally means correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Baradin Hold is about as difficult as an end boss in a heroic. Getting PuG players to know where to stand and how to execute the fight is a little bit more challenging, especially when your other healer is undergeared.
    Playing since Patch 1.11 (Draenor & Icecrown - PvE).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    The raid is there to promote pvping in tol barad, if it didnt give epics, nobody would run it, simple as that.
    ^ This, this, and this. ^