Poll: Do you think this is decent and/or will win?

Thread: Leveling Guide

10+ Year Old Account

Leveling Guide

NOTE:This Guide is really big, I hope you can read it all because it's packed with information.
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, With the new world coming new players come and new alts come. So what's the best way to level? I'll put this into 2 seperate ways, one for alts with good mains, and one for new players.

Alts with Good mains: Always remember to buy Heirlooms, and send gold to buy the best gear either by Vendors, Other players selling, or the Auction house. You also want to pick up Proffesions, you can pick up 2 gathering proffesions for easy XP, or 1 gathering and 1 production for getting gear. Better Gear=Easier Leveling. Always QUEST, Use Duengons if you want, but don't grind. Grinding isn't very useful compared to the XP from Quests. With gold sent you can buy mounts easier and level faster throughout the world. Also, Remember..RECRUIT A FRIEND! if you have a friend, let him play WoW, besides, both of you get rewards. ALWAYS vendor things or sell it on the auction house/vendor it to other players, More gold=More / better armor. Also be in a guild, it's fun, and you can get a 5% XP bonus from "Fast Track" and being a level 2 guild is easy.

New people:Now, you're starting with nothing and you need to level your way up. Once more, take up proffesions to help you, Make sure to be in a guild, they can help you and give you a 5% XP bonus from Fast track, Always Sell useless things or put good things on the AH, go duengons, DO QUESTS, NEVER GRIND. Be kind, being kind usually makes players want to offer you things, But remember, you need to keep a balance between Real life and WoW, Need any help? Ask General Chat, Ask your guild, Ask anyone. NEVER hesitate. MMO + 12 Million players = Lots of Social Activity. Make friends with people, be it high level or low, they might be alts that have money, or good people that can help you with quests. or simply people that give you joy.
    I hope this helps people, and I also hope this gets chosen for Anything
    Schulz, Level 85 Hunter, of Draenor EU.
    Also, If it's sending to postcard, then choose a runnerup, I just want the code/mounts/whatever to be send by WoW mail IF I win, if I don't good luck to anyone who will and have fun! Make sure to use your items very wisely and have fun with them!
    COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:16 PM ----------

[/COLOR]PART 2:Proffesions. RACE
    If you want a good start for Gatheting/production for any race, here's the post for you!, here is my opinion of how you want it.
    Tauren:herbalism
    Worgen:Skinning
    Dwarf: Archaeology
    Gnome:Engineering
    Goblin:Alchemy.
    Draenei:JewelCrafting.
    Bloodelf:Enchanting

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:31 PM ----------

Part 3:Talents
    Talents determine what you are, But this isn't real life talents. You get them once you're level 10
    For example, some classes have talents that make them TANKS
    Tank:A person who draws attention (taunt/threat ) and protects his group from damage.
    Tank Class/Spec:Protection Paladin, Feral (Bear) Druid, Protection Warrior, Blood Death Knight.
    You could be a Healer,
    What a healer does is heal others in his group so that the fight keeps going on, The healer heals THE TANK, Always. His group if needed, and himself if needed.
    Healer Class/Spec: Restoration Shaman, Restoration Druid, Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Discipline Priests.
    And Finally, The usually most Common in raids/groups and in the game, DPS (Damage Per second dealers).
    DPS are found in every class. A DPS's job is just damaging the opponent.
    DPS Class/Specs:Warlock (ALL specs) Hunter (ALL SPECS) Shaman (Elemental, Enhancement) Priest (shadow) Paladin (Retribution) Rogue (ALL Specs) Warrior (ALL Specs) Death knight (Frost, Unholy) Mage (ALL Specs) Druid (Feral (Cat) and Balance).
    Healers and Tanks are usually only found in Dungeons and Raids or Group Quests.
    NOTE:Spells you find (Either by talents or trainer) will appear in your spellbook, drag them to your action bar to use them.
    ---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:36 PM ----------
    Part 4:Terms
    Now, There are lots of terms you need to know in WOW.
    CC stands for Crowd Control, it usually means things like Trapping in Freezing Traps, Or Polymorphing , or sapping. You get these spells when you reach higher levels, they're needed for raids (End-Game Dungeons, 10-25 players) and Dungeons (Avalible at level 15, till 85)
    AOE:Area on Effect (I think) is basically putting a spell on the ground or on a target or using a spell against a target that hits multiple units, damaging them all. Usually used in packs on non-elite mobs (LOTS of them).
    Melee=Melee is a class that attacks from a range of weapon (Warrior for example) While Ranged/Casters like Mage or Hunters attack from far away.
    Dots=Damage over time (I.E Curse of Agony)
    Hots=Heal over time (I.E Renew)
    DING=Dinged to a new level (I.E I just dinged to level 22!)

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:37 PM ----------

Fun Fact: Did you know if you go to the interface and click on help, you can go to Beginner Tooltips and Tutorials?
    You can also read from the guide book you get when you Buy the Game, Or search for the new guide at Battle.net.EU/US. Or Blizzard.com.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:41 PM ----------
    Part 5
    Armor fits in slots of your body (I.E Helmet, Gloves) but somethings have different type of STATS.
    Stats are things like agility.
    Agility is needed for Rogues, and Hunters.
    Intellect is needed for ALL Spellcasters (Healers and Damage-dealers alike).
    Strength is needed for Melee classes with Plate (warrior, retribution, Death knight).
    Stamina is needed for tanks.
    MASTERY is needed for everyone to increase their percentage on their mastery (avalible at level 80)
    you can reforge an item with the fee of money (Gold,Silver,Copper) to take away 1 stat and put another 1 you want.
    Stats are also found in gems, Such as Crit rating, Hit rating, armor penetration and so in, Also in enchants.You can always go to sites like WoWwiki or WoWpedia and read more on them, When creating a class Blizzard gives you a small thing to read (Below your race's lore) that should explain stats a bit for your class.
    FUN FACT:In Dungeons, For items you could need (if you really need it) greed (if it's for another spec/you might need it, you might disenchant it,you might not need it) or pass if you completly don't need it. In raids however, you usually /roll.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:42 PM ----------

With better armor, you can do your role better, and with better stats.
    Fun fact:If you don't like a stat on a piece of your armor and want to replace it with something else, go to Orgrimmar (Horde) or Stormwind (Alliance) and change it with the Reforging for the fee of gold pieces.
    ---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:43 PM ----------

While you're leveling, you may learn how to use things or ask another player. I've tried my best to create a guide, so ..have fun!
    Schulz of Draenor EU, Hunter Level 85.
    P.S : I doubt I'll win but if I do, please send me the code/item through WoW mail.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:44 PM ----------

Every 1-3 levels you can get new spells, visit your class trainer (usually in a capital city) to learn them.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:50 PM ----------

Note:I can't put EVERYTHING in WoW here because it's a huge game, enjoy your level 1-85 experience!

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:55 PM ----------

Questing gives you rewards such as =Money, Expierence AND Armor. So Questing is the best way to go! Dungeons do the same thing, but if you have a quest to go to an instance, it's your heaven! No grinding!

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:55 PM ----------

Once more:If I win anything, please just mail the code/item through Wow Mail. If it's forced to be RL mail, then give it to runner up.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 01:58 PM ----------

Remember to always have music you love to level, or listen to Cata's new music, EVERY zone has new music. And the 1-85 experience is never better then now! With lots of new races and race/class combo's. Sponsored by Ragnar'O's. BY FIBER BE PURGED!

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 04:08 PM ----------

GROUP QUESTS! And Dragon Icons
    Group quests are usually quests made to face a Named (Lore-Important sometimes) Mob, With a Golden Dragon indicating he's Elite and extra health/nice abilities.
    Now, A Golden Dragon means he's elite, what about these other dragon icons? A silver dragon icon ( NO WINGS ) mean's the mob is rare, and might drop something special or be a special pet you can tame as a hunter, a Silver Dragon icon with wings mean's it's rare and elite. A mob with SKULL level or ?? level means it's a really high level OR it's just 10 (+) levels above you,
    Green Mobs=2-4 levels below you, not worth alot of XP
    Yellow=2-4 levels aroudn you, very useful
    Orange=4-6 levels above you, Useful but hard.
    Red=8-10 levels above you, don't you dare try to kill this unless you have a death wish.
    Fun fact:From the Interface button you can choose to allow Tips on, That way, each time you log on, you'll see a small tip like "Blizzard will never ask for your password". or "A blue question mark above the NPC's (NPC=Non-Playable charecter I.E Garrosh Hellscream, Mankrik) means the quest is repeatable (And will most likely reward reputation).
    ---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 04:11 PM ----------

Mounts and Pets.
    In World of Warcraft, Death knights can choose to have Pets, They can have their main Ghoul, They can transform it into a Plague-Beast, They can have Gargoyles, and they can have Bloodworms.
    Hunters can tame MANY beasts, exotic ones with Beast mastery! Hunters can name their pets, Unlike Dk's and Warlocks.
    Warlocks can summon demons from the depths of the demonic world and use them for their own will, They can summon the tiny but devious Imp, The Fairly-Sized Damage-taker Voidwalker, The suducing Succubus, The Most-Feared pet against Mana-casters Felhounds and a Demonolgy only pet..a warlock's version of a warrior, The Felguard with it's trusty axe..ARCANITE REAPER! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    NOTE:You can Roll a Death knight (If you have the WOTLK expansion) a level 55 charecter of any class, the death knight can be ANY Race and any faction, you will have both your Death knight and your normal charecter, so don't worry !
    !

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 04:16 PM ----------

Paladins can summon 2 mounts (one at 20, one at level 40), The 20 one is 60% (ALL level 20 mounts are 60%) and the 40 one is 100% like all others
    Taurens=Sunwalker Kodo
    Humans and Dwarf=Warhorse
    Blood elf=Warhorse (Different Color then Alliance)
    Draenei=Vindicator Elekk.
    With new mounts for Taurens and Elekks. The Death knights have their Deathcharger, avalible at 56-57. (Note:They start off at level 55) and Warlocks have their Fel (20) and Dread(40)steeds.
    All other classes must purchase their racial mount before advancing to getting better mounts, by Achievmants, Player vs Player, or Raids/Dungeons.
    Racial Mounts for all Classes
    Draenei=Elekk, Elephant.
    Tauren=kodo, rhino.
    Troll=Raptor, Mini T-rex.
    Orc=Wolf
    Human=Horse
    Worgen=Running wild, The worgen runs on all fours like a beast.
    Goblin=Trike, Rocket-powered Tricyicle.
    Blood elves=Hawkstrider, A colorful chicken-shaped mount.
    Night elves=Sabers, Tigers.
    Gnomes=Mechanical Hawkstriders.
    Dwarves=Rams, Sort of..Deers?I can't really explain.
    Undead=Skeletal Horse.
    Maybe that will make you choose your race more clearly, so that you have more fun leveling. Fun leveling=Makes you want to play more!

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 04:17 PM ----------

That's as good as I can make a guide, it might be not good, it might be too big, but enjoy the 1-85 World of Warcraft experience for yourself, you'll never regret it, Just make sure you have a balance between WoW and Real life.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 04:37 PM ----------

Remember to always try to get enchants,gems,and glyphs while you're leveling You should be able to learn things on your way, you can also speak to guards to know where your trainer is in the capital city or any proffesion, or speak to anyone on general chat that won't go "LOLOLNOOB" or "Speak to the guard"..<--You should just speak to them. If you need any more help please Contact Schulz, Level 85 Hunter of EU Draenor of the guild <WeDoBg>

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 05:41 PM ----------

While you're leveling (You get to know what spells you get once you ding) (DING=Reached new level) you get a talent point when you keep leveling each 1-3 levels, with these you can access new spells, for easier leveling and better dungeons, and new roles, and better damage/anything of the sort.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 05:42 PM ----------

WEBSITES!
    There are alot of websites in WOW that can help but these are the most known websites
    1:Youtube ofcourse. (Just for videos of beta footage that might help you, or music that helps you play)
    2:WoWwiki, Full of Lore, Tactics, and random notes!
    3:WoWpedia, the newer version of WoWwiki
    4:Wowhead, Full of item discussions and item screenshots and mount screenshots and all the spells in the game.
    5:And ofcourse, MMOChampion here. Having all the new WoW news and blue notes, MMOChampion is great for information!

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 05:48 PM ----------

Elements! Each Race might have extra resistance/less damage taken from a certain element, What classes do what element?
    Shaman:Nature, Fire, Frost
    Hunter:Nature, Fire, N/A (Ranged), Arcane, Shadow, Frost.
    Warlock:Shadow,Fire
    Mage:Arcane,Frost,Fire.
    Warriors:N/A (Melee dosen't count for me)
    Paladins:Holy (You can't really resist holy, but still an element, Paladins also have melee)
    Priest:Holy, Shadow.
    Death knights:Shadow,Frost,Nature.
    Rogues:Nature (Poison) N/A (Melee)
    Druids:Arcane (Lunar ( Balance ) ) Nature (Solar ( Resto, Balance) ) N/A (Melee, Feral)

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 05:49 PM ----------

Racials! Racials are special abilities that help you level, do more damage, and make you special within your race.
    I wish I had time to list them but I don't so I've left a link for you.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Racial_trait

ARMOR!
    Armor has many colors (Colored Titles) and this should explain it
    You get armor through looting mobs from a simple kill, or downing..Al'akir for example. You can also get them from the AH and Quests, Grey titled items are items and are only found usually during 1-5 or useless armor/things droppeed by creatures, White titled are a bit better and usually found 3-13, Green colored items are the items you can find from 10-85, they can be dropped by mobs or taken from quests, Blue items are the items dropped from..once more..quests or mobs BUT Blue-colored items are better then Green, White, AND Grey, Usually found 15-85. Purple items are usually found at level 50-60 67-70 and end-game raiding/dungeons, And the most known are the orange, The Real rare ones and important ones. LEGENDARIES! 1-3 legendaries come each expansion (Excluding the original which had almost 5 legendaries or more) always a weapon to benefit a sort of role/class, Heirlooms are re-made pieces of gear bought (if you have a main) to make your alts level faster with the experience bonus and damage bonuses/stamina and stats.
    So it goes this way
    Gray< All
    White > Grey.
    Green > White and Gray
    Blue > White, Green, Gray
    Epic > White Blue Green Gray
    Legendary > All of the above
    Heirlooms > Green gray white and maybe blue
    NOTE:Not all of these are 100% accurate, by color they are BUT some items may be better then others. For example a level 82 green is better then a level..56 blue.
    Last part:PvE and PvP
    PvP stands for Player vs Player, It can be taken in Arena. A Deathmatch of 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5 for fame, glory, money, and items. Battlegrounds for Honor, Glory, Money, and Items against your opposing Faction and Duel, Which is simply a duel to the death (Until 1% HP) to see who's better, or just for fun.
    PvE stands for Player vs Enviroment, It can be as easy as killing your first wolf or boar, to..Downing Heroic Lady Sinestra or Lich King
    This guide will help you choose what proffesions, guild, race, class, to have, AND Will help you level through 1-85.
    This is my LAST post on the thread so bye, please make sure you've read EVERYTHING. Goodbye! Note:I also do not have any pictures so sorry for that. /begs to win so that My guide and I shall be famous!
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2010-12-23 at 01:35 PM.