Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    You have to GET to 500 health first. 110k to 500 is a lot of health the boss is receiving as you drop down. It's not like you have a "make me 500hp" button to do it instantly, and he died so fast prior to that phase that only the tanks were taking any damage at all up to that point.
    So what? He takes an initial heal. It doesn't make his HPS after that go any higher. He is certainly not unkillable. A bigger initial heal is like him having extra HP. If you can't sustain in phase 3, you're screwing up. The encounter is fine. Just admit you guys messed up, don't try to make such weak excuses like a few k more means you can't bring him down.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominix View Post
    Yes, this is a reasonable excuse for why you kept healing the raid to keep the boss healing.
    Hi, we didn't heal dps. Thanks, though, for your brilliant insight.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    obviously, they all are such amazing players that they took no damage from a high raid damage encounter, where 10% of their health is being taken every couple seconds.

we weren't healing dps. at all.
    Well that was stupid, wasn't it? How do you expect to DPS something without DPS. You should be letting DPS get low, and healing slightly. you can keep someone at a low HP now just like before. Toss a renew or rejuv on each person should even cut it. If you can't DPS through the minor heals, you guys are screwing up. He isn't healing by any more than he was at 80 if you're doing it right, other than the initial bonus HP. If you don't want that, make people enter the fight already low on health and he won't even have the bonus heal.

There is nothing about that encounter that can't be solved by knowing the mechanics. He is not unkillable.

You have to GET to 500 health first. 110k to 500 is a lot of health the boss is receiving as you drop down. It's not like you have a "make me 500hp" button to do it instantly, and he died so fast prior to that phase that only the tanks were taking any damage at all up to that point.
    100K x10 people = 1M healing, if you have a MS effect its 900k, assuming you DPS can pull at least 10k (wich is low for the current gear) thats 10k x 6 = 60K raid DPS so you would need an extra 15 seconds to take that amount of HP off, doesnt seem that much honestly.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look, we only gave it 2 shots. Once with gear on, once without. We laughed. We moved on. I thought it was hilarious and figured I'd bring it here. I've killed the guy many times on several toons. We all have. We know the strats. Share in the humor of it all, or post something insulting if you need to make yourself feel smart. Thought I'd give you all a laugh is all. Lighten the F up.

Sorry to burts your bubbles but your math is wrong. He is leeching 10% of everyone´s CURRENT health, not TOTAL health. That is why, when it was the content, it was advised that raid health was below 30% or close to that number (that was when we had 25K health). So now what you have to do is Unequip your gear at the beginning of the fight, equip it again, so that you start with low health. Healers will only heal tank. Like this you can enter the final phase on low health.

I dont think more than 1 healer and 1 tank would be required for that. He should go down in just about Hero/BL duration with DPS each doing very mediocre 15K...

Then let some adds hit, let a few oh noes happen before getting the boss to 30% health.

It's probably as hard execution wise as it was after it was current, with the bonus that you are unlikley to die. take a while, get your health down elsewise. There is enough damage to handle the new method.

You say "we" weren't healing dps at all. Which indicates there were more than 1 healer. Switch to dps, and offheal when needed. Which should be never cept the tank. The extra dps will more than help.

tl;dr : 9 dps 1 tank, let dps nuke adds after taking some damage.

Also take note of the unequip/re equip, just before the fight in the post above me.

Just wanna point out that the math is slightly wrong as far as i remember the fight. His heal is every few seconds not just at the start of the fight so thats 900k + 810k +720k etc... (if its 10% current hp per tick) so that would be quite a lot of healing to cut through... (@ deivid)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Cause here on the forums If a troll trolls a troll the troll trolling the troll still gets banned for trolling.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This made me facepalm irl.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominix View Post
    obviously, they all are such amazing players that they took no damage from a high raid damage encounter, where 10% of their health is being taken every couple seconds.
    I'm sorry that you find it so difficult to keep up with the conversation. That's not what I said at all.

Deleted
    Preparation is what is needed now... You know that P3 starts at 30%, stop healing DPS at 50-60% so everyone is low for P3.

Edit: Also the old keep people at 30% is going to be more like 15-20% at most.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow you guys really need to take a deep breath, lol. Had we actually sat back and bothered to care about the encounter, I'm absolutely positive we would've downed him rather easily. We tried the steamroll for lolz. It failed. We laughed. I didn't come here for advice, I came to give lolz. Didn't think you'd be so pent up you couldn't at least get a chuckle out of this.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry you find it so difficult to beat a t9 boss in t11 because you dont understand the mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good game, Blizzard. Good game.
    You do realize that it's trivial content so it really doesn't matter that much?

oh come on man - your "good game blizz, good game" just set a negative tone straight away for most of the replies; shouldnt be surprised its come to this
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Cause here on the forums If a troll trolls a troll the troll trolling the troll still gets banned for trolling.

Its MMO. You knew the type of reaction this would get surely? You have posted a lot :S

And some of us actually wanted to discuss it, not rant. As you will see.

Deleted
    lol epic fail? hahaha

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Distortion View Post
    This made me facepalm irl.
    Good. Desired result achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by (Insert Name Here) View Post
    Just wanna point out that the math is slightly wrong as far as i remember the fight. His heal is every few seconds not just at the start of the fight so thats 900k + 810k +720k etc... (if its 10% current hp per tick) so that would be quite a lot of healing to cut through... (@ deivid)
    The mathh is correct, i never said he drains it all at once, i just calculated the total healing he would get from draining all you health, it is indeed every 2 secs I belibe, but its 10% each time so he gets 10% of 1M = 100k next tick is about 90k and so on, its the same result.