Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    In my opinion, what's worse than people who started in wrath and complain are people who started before wrath and complain. It's like that: Wrath pretty much destroyed the game without the shadow of a doubt. Cataclysm is trying to repair the damage, but it's going to take time. People I knew since classic have gotten total douches in wrath and are now complaining their pants wet about how "hard" everything has become, although they were used to much harder stuff in classic and tbc. That's what a bad game does to people. It makes them bad.

That's why: Wrath-babies suck. It doesn't matter if you started during wrath or earlier. If you picked up the wrath-way of doing things, you are a wrath-baby. Go cry or play counterstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by g3xter View Post
    Because people like you can't even get very basic English grammar right.
    Not everyone has English as their first language, and people are allowed to make mistakes even if it is. You aren't supposed to call people out on it either.

Quote Originally Posted by lordlight View Post
    Wrath babies refuse to CC and 50% of the time call us old players "Bad" if we ask for the tank to stop breaking CC. Most bad runs I've been in were because of wrath babies scrubbing it up.

TL,DR- Don't ban me brah.
    Statements like this bother me because you actually have no idea when these people started playing unless you ask them, and I doubt you've asked any of them. There were plenty of bad players players with each part of the game. Probably the biggest reason it feels like there are more bad players now is the LFD tool. Before you would make groups with your friends and guild mates and chose not to group with bad people.

Not only because of dungeons but also because of addons and questing.

Questing now is....."harder". I say that because I can no longer take on 4 or more NPC's in DPS spec. Most times I'm healing myself in combat against one NPC and interupting as I go through. Addons reduced gameplay ability as well. Knowing what a boss was going to do next and what to avoid was too simple. Nothing was really random till end game bosses like Lich King. Then we have Gear score so that further attributed to grabbing players that looked like they were in the highest gear possible instead of grabbing players whose awareness was excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wed View Post
    In my opinion, what's worse than people who started in wrath and complain are people who started before wrath and complain. It's like that: Wrath pretty much destroyed the game without the shadow of a doubt. Cataclysm is trying to repair the damage, but it's going to take time. People I knew since classic have gotten total douches in wrath and are now complaining their pants wet about how "hard" everything has become, although they were used to much harder stuff in classic and tbc. That's what a bad game does to people. It makes them bad.

That's why: Wrath-babies suck. It doesn't matter if you started during wrath or earlier. If you picked up the wrath-way of doing things, you are a wrath-baby. Go cry or play counterstrike.
    Kind of this too. I could name you countless people who were playing before Wrath who absolutely suck now because they got used to the Wrath style of playing. It's why I think the name should be changed from Wrath babies to Wrath noobs.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just always considered it more of a statement that Wrath baby-ized... babized.. ba-... coddled everyone and created an atmosphere of "hurry up and just do it". AoE, massive pulls, infinite mana.. yes, most of these things were towards the end of the 2 years Wrath was out, but even comparatively there was minimal difference between regulars and heroics. People are still expecting Cataclysm to be like wrath, so they'll Leeroy in, break CCs, AoE, and then whine when they end up face down on the floor (then immediately blame the healer).

There are bad players from every walk of the game. I'm sure folks here remember 40-mans and hunter auto-shot AFK. I do. (And I wanted to kill every last one of them, but that's a story for another day).

Folks are just slapping this moniker on anyone that wants to go with the Wrath playstyle, I think. I never use the term. I tell people who don't know what they're doing to pay attention, and if they still don't, I tell them they're bad and they should feel bad.
    Last edited by Katana Angel; 2010-12-21 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    "only 1-3 years of experience" .... boo fucking hoo. Blizzard re-uses mechanics to a large degree, how long does it take to learn the signifance of something weird under your feet? 1 year or 5 shouldn't make any fucking difference. Even new mechanics can be learned quickly. There are some cool new mechanics in Cata heroics, doesn't take years to learn them ... There are some new mechanics in Cata raids. You should *know* them well after a couple tries max, after that it's just putting that knowledge to use.

Can the mob be sheep-ed, frog-ed, sleep-ed, trap-ed etc. and do you know, after a wipe for example, that you can't just bomb the group like you learned in Wrath? Use your damn CC. Don't see how you'd even need 1-3 years to learn that.

See crap on the floor? Get out of it!

See some lava-wave or whatever rolling towards you - get away!

See you're getting too damn close to the tank in Omen? Stop DPSing or use aggro-reducing cooldowns.

Everyone's pissed at Wrath babies because many of them can't play for shit, can't use CC, have littel to no discipline in groups or resistance to wipes and they feel entitled to pretty much fucking everything. "I don't want to put in any effort at all and get the same rewards as raiders/PvPers that invest tons of time and energy to learn this stuff and perform well. Hell, I want more!"

Practice makes perfect yes but you don't need years of practice. You should need a couple tries at a boss, a few days/weeks at the most. Years? Don't make me laugh.

End of rant.
    Last edited by mmoca812163483; 2010-12-21 at 02:02 PM.

Pssh man wrath babies is just a name given to "noobs" who so just didnt know about cc, or the other way to play which was harder. Hell man there are people who are from vanilla who still cant play right so ignore that term. Its stupid as hell.

Deleted
    Im sure not everyone does, I personally dont give two hoots if you have had the same character from Vanilla or a brand new person to the game, bad is bad, idiot is idiot, regardless of time played, gearscore, and acheivements gained.

Quote Originally Posted by moohmooh View Post
    because most of them suck arse.
    Thats a horrible argument in general TBC and Classic had tons of bad players as well compared to the subscriber count for their times. WOTLK just took pugging to a whole new level and people didint give a shit if some 1 from relm X thought they were a good player so they just didint even bother.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    Im sure not everyone does, I personally dont give two hoots if you have had the same character from Vanilla or a brand new person to the game, bad is bad, idiot is idiot, regardless of time played, gearscore, and acheivements gained.

haha so true.

I don't care if you played since the Alpha of WoW, if you tell me to sheep pull then charge in and break the sheep, I hate you.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by themiller View Post
    Because people who played before Wrath think they are somewhat gods compared to the others, which is the biggest load of shit ive ever heard. Soon as the stereotype of Wrath being easy came out everyone jumped on the band wagon with "LOL WRATH OF THE CASUAL KING" then came the term "Wrath Babies".
    So now everyone who started playing in Wrath is considered shit, although a few mates and I started playing in Wrath and a miles ahead of some TBC and Vanilla players, its the persons own fault for being lazy and not looking up how to play their class etc that makes them a bad player not because of what expansion they started playing in.
    They also think they are superior because they had to farm for ages to get an epic or rare item, doesnt make them superior in any context, just means they have more free time or need to get their RL priorities straight as they are overly devoted to a video game.
    Why do people care so much what others do with their free time, you don't have anything better to pick on?

It's all about some people are being lazy (or are unable) to change the ways what they learned and was used to do.

Blaming these so called "wrath babies" is quite retarded. I started playing in WoTLK. It's not the expansion that made people bad, but nature, since it allows stupidity to exist. Not being able to comprehend what you have to do, or being completely retarded not to understand what your buttons do, is not WoTLK's fault.

Deleted
    It can just hard to get something through to the "wrath babies":
    They never (had to) CC
    They barely interrupt(ed)
    They're used to having epics being thrown at them
    They're used to being "uber" without having the need for any decent skill other than a cookie-cutter build and a numb rotation of some sort.

In short: They started playing in an era where everything could be done with PUG's
    Basically: their whole world has been turned up-side down as of The Shattering.

Something that could also contribute:
    Players that have played since vanilla (and TBC, I guess) are generally more mature as they rew older over the years. (5 years is the difference between 16 and 21, between 12 and 17 - not to be underestimated)
    Wrath babies are therefore just younger. Generally meaning: more self-centered, less likely to take feedback. Basically: typical teenager-behaviour.
    In short, in the wise words (Greater Internet Fuckwad theory) of Penny Arcade: Regular person + anonymity + audience = fuckwad

Please do mind: I'm not saying all wrath players are like that. Neither am I stating that every young(er) person is a stubborn flaming pile of steaming ego that links Anal [Dirge] in tradechat and think he's funny.
    But I do believe a correlation could exist

/ww out
    Last edited by mmoc31017b40c9; 2010-12-21 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Spelling - as usual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Why do people care so much what others do with their free time, you don't have anything better to pick on?
    Fact is i couldnt give a shit what people do in their spare time, thats totally up to them. What i do give a shit about is when they think they are better than others because they decided to invest more time playing wow.

I started playing in vanilla, but i didn't actually start playing before wrath so i consider myself a wrath baby, but i don't feel hit by the stereotype at all because frankly it's noticable that players who lack experience from tbc and vanilla clearly has a different playstyle.

Then again, it's not that a player who has started recently is bad at the game, i met a tank who started playing like 1 month ago who needed something to do while waiting for diablo 3, he impressed me a lot by knowing a lot about the mechanics of the game and at least knew what cc meant and was about (this was in a lower lvl dungeon though)

I have to admit from a personal stand point that i as a new'ish player in wrath don't know all the cc spells and what targets are eligable for them, but i always keep an open mindset about it and try to ask nicely so i don't get slammed by the "more experienced" players that are so tired of carrying others through heroics having to tell people over and over how not to play.

To turn the tides i have a friend with over 300 days played time or something since vanilla who didn't know you could sap beasts, which i did to a puppy at the beauty encounter..

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of my guild is composed of "Wrath babies" yet we are doing just fine. We know what abilities lie in our arsenal even though none of them got touched in Wrath (LOL HIBERNATE WUT??). The reason people spit on Wrath babies like us is because they assume that all we know how to do is AoE down mobs. Some of us DO know what cc is and what lies in our spellbook. I just wish people would understand that.
    I am a filthy casual!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Healers come to mind. 90% of the healers I run with insist on keeping everyone at 100% health and consequently go OOM after 30 seconds. I highly doubt all of those healers started during Wrath.
    Sadly I have seen to many great healers vote kicked because folks are not at 100% health all the time. For me, If I am alive at the end of the battle, life is good. The only bad players are the ones who refuse to adapt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Before WOTLK raids were a bit harder like they are now in Cata. WOTLK made it so easy for any new player to do anything and from what I can see is the WOTLK baby's do so much QQ. As Kildal says WOTLK players don't know CC and other tricks to even try in the Heroic Dungeons and raids.
    Zift

The thing is, that the term "Wrathbaby" imo more or less = Baddie. Because of the nature of WOTLK's faceroll mentality and it's lack of needing to use anything else than your best heals, AoE dps and lolthreat outgearing has made Wrathbaby the new term for baddie. Or at least thats how I see it.