Deleted

Halfus 10 man - Time and Storm drake, advices, tacs and suggestions

Hello, me and my guild is going to try Halfus for tonight and our goal is to down him pretty quick.
    What've done is 3 bosses in BWD so far and just an quick attempt on halfus which apparently was chaos when noone knew tacs or anything.
    The combination of dragons is Storm and Time drake including the whelps which i've heard is one of the hardest setups although i heard this boss isn't anything hard at all, so why I'm writing here is just some quick, simple suggestions for the fight as our setup is:

Main tank: Prot Warrior
    Off tank: Feral druid

Healers:
    Holy paladin
    Resto shaman (me)
    Resto druid

Dps:

Rogue
    Hunter
    Death knight
    Shadow priest
    Warlock/Mage

What I think we're going to try is to have the maintank tanking time drake and halfus from the very beginning while the offtank is tanking storm drake which we'll nuke down first.
    While doing this we'll have the DK and rogue on Halfus the whole fight to interrrupt the huge aoe "shadow nova".
    However, after we've killed Storm drake, the off tank will problary release the whelps from the cage which will be aoe'd down quickly.
    After that, the off tank taunts the Time drake and just off tanks him for the rest of the fight while all of the dpser's will pop their cooldowns and nuke down halfus until his down.

Is there anything I should change or does this sound like a great tactic to down Halfus?

Thnx.

Deleted
    You want to kill all of the drakes/whelps before halfus is on 50%, with storm>time>whelps aoe'd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    You want to kill all of the drakes/whelps before halfus is on 50%, with storm>time>whelps aoe'd
    Just storm>then release the whelps and just off tank time without killing him
    (we wont dps the boss much until the storm and whelps are down)

Does this go for all other combinations aswell? we had Nether, time and whelps, we only killed the time warden and the whelps :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenee View Post
    Just storm>then release the whelps and just off tank time without killing him
    (we wont dps the boss much until the storm and whelps are down)
    Have fun with keeping your offtank up while not being able to heal him during the stuns he makes <50% though you having a resto druid and yourself being a resto shaman helps on that part. But I still wouldn't advise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Does this go for all other combinations aswell? we had Nether, time and whelps, we only killed the time warden and the whelps :P
    Well it's alot more work for your healers if you leave another drake up, and its not like its hard to meet the enrage timer, so you can just kill all of the adds and the boss should be missing quite a bit of his health from the interrupter(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Yeah you always want to have all the adds you plan on releasing dead before 50%, as Halfus will periodically stun the entire raid from that point and it is unlikely your offtank will live through a drake while he and all the healers are stunned.

We had the exact same setup this reset - the way we did it was:

Have the tank that's better geared/better aoe threat take the storm drake, while he positions the drake close to the cage a DPS will realease the whelps aswell.
    You will the burn down the whelps and the storm drake, when the storm drake is dead, have another DPS/Healer release the time warden.
    Kill the Time Warden - Kill halfus, profit.
    Also, it's enough with only a tank interrupting halfus providing he have a 10 sec CD interrupt and is spell hit capped.

This is actually the easiest combination possible, at least of the 3 we've had so far [Time+Nether+Whelps, Slate+Storm+Whelps and this combo]

All you need to do is release the Time and the Storm Drake at the same time. Have your MT take the Storm Drake and Halfus, ensuring that your strongest healer is on them, and DPS down the time drake.

Make sure that your interrupters have Halfus on Focus with a /cast [target=focus] #INTERRUPT macro for the Shadow Nova, and it's easily manageable.

Once the Time Drake is dead, move to the Storm drake, kill it, then have an AoE tank pick up the whelps and move them ontop of Halfus, kill the Whelps via AoE, then blow bloodlust. Should bring him down to 50% easilly. If you have a Mage here, it's even easier due to the Blink + CS, which makes the Shadow Nova interruptible during the stun phase , but we didn't. We just made sure everyone had Renew + Druid HoTs on them between the stuns, with a Guardian Spirit on the Tank as well just incase.

We killed him with about 50 seconds to spare, which is absolutely loads on a fight like that. On the Slate + Storm kill [Which was our hardest combination], it actually went about 10 seconds into Berserk, and we had an almost identical setup.

Especially coming from a healer; of which 90% of this fight relies on, this was easily the most most manageable of the combinations. As long as people stay on-top of the interrupts, the damage is much more predictable than any of the other combinations. I was actually the MT healer, and I had plenty of time and mana to help with the AoE healing during Breaths etc. Definitely the easiest combo so far.
    Last edited by DarkKnight90; 2011-01-09 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euq View Post

Have the tank that's better geared/better aoe threat take the storm drake, while he positions the drake close to the cage a DPS will realease the whelps aswell.
    You will the burn down the whelps and the storm drake, when the storm drake is dead, have another DPS/Healer release the time warden.
    Also, it's enough with only a tank interrupting halfus providing he have a 10 sec CD interrupt and is spell hit capped.
    It's alot more manageable for your healers if you release both drakes from the start, as the meteors will become MUCH easier to dodge, which will in the end result in less damage taken

Also Bloodlust is best used on getting the drakes down if your healers are having troubles and your dps isn't of the 3rd world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euq View Post

I had the same problem with that comp, and me ( warrior tank ) wasn't able to interrupt him with my 10sec CD, he did that every 5 sec after shadow nova was interrupted. That's why me and a rogue were interrupting.

It's alot more manageable for your healers if you release both drakes from the start, as the meteors will become MUCH easier to dodge, which will in the end result in less damage taken

Also Bloodlust is best used on getting the drakes down if your healers are having troubles and your dps isn't of the 3rd world.
    We find that the proto drakes aoe is alot worse then the fireball that she spits out. That's why we released whelps + storm.
    And yes, ofc we bloodlusted when we popped the first drake, because it ain't really a DPS race

my guild killed the boss for first time 3 days ago. Took us 5 trys. We killed both drakes, and then offtank released the whelps and the rest started on boss. Was a little scary during the stuns but tank just need to roll Cds and me (pally healer) just bubble on of the stuns and we killed him without bigger problems

Deleted
    We killed this boss last night with same drakes.
    First we released the storm drake and tanked it next to boss so rogue can help our warrior tank interuptin shadow nova while he can do dps.
    Immediately after we released the storm drake we released time warden too. We used heroism at start and nuked storm down as fast as possible and then moved to time warden, when time warden was low on hp we released the whelps and aoed them down and time warden died at same time. Then we just nuked the boss down as fast as possible.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kaskelotti View Post
    We killed this boss last night with same drakes.
    First we released the storm drake and tanked it next to boss so rogue can help our warrior tank interuptin shadow nova while he can do dps.
    Immediately after we released the storm drake we released time warden too. We used heroism at start and nuked storm down as fast as possible and then moved to time warden, when time warden was low on hp we released the whelps and aoed them down and time warden died at same time. Then we just nuked the boss down as fast as possible.
    Thanks for the tactic<3 He is down!

Deleted
    Gz for the kill!

Not sure if this is relevant, but we just killed the same setup on 25-man. We released both big drakes at the same time and nuked down Storm Rider. Once it was almost dead, we released Whelps and they were just "there", cleaved to death. We didn't bother killing Time Warden (I'm not exactly sure on the reasoning, but what raid lead says goes!) and just nuked down Halfus after the Storm Rider was dead. Our first attempt we got tanks gibbed during Furious Roar phase but on the second try it went down smooth as hell. We used a mage blinking out of the 3rd stun and Counterspell the Nova.

gz on the kill.
    we had this setup and downed him tonight after a few wipes last night. we ignored the whelps, and just popped both storm and time out,
    warrior tank took halfus and him and the DPs warrior stuck to interupting the whole time, that left everyone elce burning down tstorm (with BL) then onto time. at 50% we used various CD's to control the damage from the roar and the nova (we had no mage for interupting it) Such as, holy paladin bubbling 1 and arcane torrenting the nova, using hand of protection on our shaman healer and having him wind sheer, and then the ones we couldnt interupt we had things like Tranquility etc to heal everyone up.
    our kill setup was: Prot warrior (MT) DK (ot) Resto shaman Holy paladin Resto druid, Fury warrior Surv hunter Combat rogue Boomkin and Spriest (myself)
    the main pitfalls in this fight i have seen are things like not been prepared for the heavy tank healing during the start with both drakes. also missing the novas can be catestrophic at times (especially when the DPs interupter gets thrown into the lava xD).