Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holy Nova Uselessness?

Over the years of playing World of Warcraft, i have yet to find any valuable purpose for Holy Nova? Sometimes ill mess around with it in raids cause its fun to cast but it serves no real healing value and not enough damage value.

So i'm wondering, what's the sole purpose of the spell?

I feel if it was buffed and balanced out with Mana costs that it could be viable spell for a Disc priest mainly, but that'd really have to be played around with.

Anyone else have suggestions or comments on to what the hell Holy Nova is even a spell for?

The insects on the way to PP in ICC it was good, other than that, not a lot :P

It's only purpose is for killing the skeletons in Culling of Stratholme.

to kill critters!

It's totally for doing low level loremaster quests or running heroics at 80. I haven't found much use for it at 85.

hahaha critter killin!

I use it once in a while while farming rep for older Factions.

but damn i wish it would be useful in a raid or heroic.

Deleted
    It's far from useless. After all, it's the best aoe spell shadow priests have atm. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Berner View Post
    It's far from useless. After all, it's the best aoe spell shadow priests have atm. :P
    Say hello to Mind Sear.

Unless you meant 'best aoe spell non-shadow priests have' but you'd still probably be wrong because all priests get Mind Sear at level 75.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    Say hello to Mind Sear.

Unless you meant 'best aoe spell non-shadow priests have' but you'd still probably be wrong because all priests get Mind Sear at level 75.
    Mind Sear is a joke. lol nova is actually better then that crap.

Mind sear sucks real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    Say hello to Mind Sear.

Try glyphed Holy Nova.
    Even as Shadow the glyphed Holy Nova does (a way) more DPS then Mindsear.
    But it drains your mana even faster, too.

If you're spec'd into Disp. anytime someone gets a crit heal from your HN they get a light bubble and you can keep replenishing that by spamming. I will use it occasionally when there is a large group of mobs attacking and I can protect and do light dps at the same time (granted its nothing much on either side, but depending on the fight it can be more entertaining to run in circles spamming HN then sitting back and doing POH or spam bubbles...

Sometimes I will use it in preparation for a big fight. Bubble everyone then throw out a couple HN's to get everyone double bubbled then away we go..

And yes.. critter killing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Running guild mates/friends through low level instances so they can gear/level up. At some point, they just want to get it all over with.

Enter: Holy Nova.

And yes indeed, when it's glyphed it's way more damage than Mind Sear.

Related to critter killing, there are quests that involve killing things that spawn 'nasty damage but low health' mobs when attacked or when they die. Holy Nova to the rescue. Not quite critters but they usually die just about as quickly. Found a lot of those in the old version of Silithus.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2010-12-22 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    Ahh Holy Nova... best use i have found @ lvl 80 was doing the daily mount run into H Setthek Halls for Anzu mount. Nova spam was pretty nice on that fight with the birds...other than that - it feels too weak to use at 85 which is a shame.

Divine Aegis needs to apply off Holy Nova instead of Prayer. Hey look, a use for the spell again.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Let's see, I used mine while....erm....oh, heroic Grim Batol on the second boss, when he is doing the Flame Shield and everyone is moving as a group behind him, I use it while moving.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Let's see, I used mine while....erm....oh, heroic Grim Batol on the second boss, when he is doing the Flame Shield and everyone is moving as a group behind him, I use it while moving.
    that's a nice use
    but not many other uses anyway, As holy i've only used it a few times on some rare situations i don't even remember

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Divine Aegis needs to apply off Holy Nova instead of Prayer. Hey look, a use for the spell again.
    Why not just make divine aegis proc from all disc priest AOE spells:

Holy Nova
    Prayer of Healing
    Prayer of Mending

Happy days.

Shadow Priest PvP:

The most efficient way to heal on the move is having a renew rolling, use PoM and Holy Nova to get some decent on-the-move healing. Spamming Holy Nova on the move does just as much as a renew tick and is not that mana-intensive.
    Also, used to pop out stealthers.

Seems to have its niche just fine for me.

To kill the snake trap snakes.