Heroic Shadow Fang Keep

Ok, so last night I went and tried a pug heroic Shadow Fang Keep, Sadly it had to be a heroic as everyone else in my guild was asleep and the only one stopped playing his 85 rogue and is leveling his mage now...

So I get in mid fight on Baron something or another, I believe hes the first boss of the dungeon, and all but one member of the party is dead, apparently the healer left mid fight...
    So naturally I start throwing heals on the surviving member not realizing its a boss fight till it kills us both...

so we res and go back to try again, they explain the fight as its my first time in SFK and we jump to it, within the first 5 seconds the baron strangulates us and knocks us all down to one health, I pop holy radiance since its such a small area and then i drop a FoL on our rogue which in turn heals the tank as well.

I then start putting out holy lights and holy shocks on everyone in the party (except tank since it has beacon) and as soon as I get them all back to around 50-70% health he strangulates again!!!

this repeats several times with me popping CD's just to try and keep everyone alive...
    Finally we get to the next phase which is apparently a kill all in 10 seconds phase as he starts releasing a constant AoE dealing around 5k a pop with less then 2 seconds between each pop, we wipe on this phase...

It doesn't get any better during our next 10+ tries, they tell me I'm doing my job right and great but I'm not so sure...

So my question is, As a holy paladin how have you successfully approached this fight?

P.S. No hot headed Priests coming in just to start crap, I'm not coming into ya'lls sections to start crap so don't come here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stack 3 HP before it, make everyone stand in from of me, pop HR, then LoD, then judge on CD, build HP, bam, Strangulate again. Rinse and repeat.

(Dont try to get them to 100%)

In p2, just pop LoD, HR, and Judge on CD, all mana CD's whenever possible, except Divine Plea.
    Last edited by Smittles; 2010-12-21 at 09:40 PM. Reason: FOrgot phase 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    To my understanding after he drops everyone to 1% (I rune tap to help out here) he will channel something, let him get a tick off of that channel before kicking it and it heals for you. I am not 100% about that mechanic, but take a DK tank who has RT and it won't be as bad of an ohs#it moment when everyone gets dropped.

Also, since the mechanic is repeating, I would assume if you had everyone at 2-50% of their hp it is not an issue to leave them there. No point in trying to top everyone off. And as always consider what your group comp is, people with heal abilities (pretty much everyone now) should pop their cd to help you out. If they aren't, /wrists at baddies sorry.

yeah we our comp was this...
    Warrior - Tank
    Me - Healer
    Priest - DPS
    Rogue - DPS
    Druid - DPS

I believe the druid would drop a heal after that...
    and on our third try i think, The rogue started interrupting the heal that the baron does...

---

Yeah I decided against trying to get them to 100% as it was a mute point and I would have just ran out of mana at that point...

Anyway, I think I can handle the Strangulate phase, thats not too hard and I can pop my bubble to get out of it myself so that the moment they drop my HL or DL is finishing casting and its instant 10-20k health on the rogue which then pops to tank...
    (I didn't try my bubble that works on other players to see if it would get them out of it or not didn't really think about that...)

Its more the AoE phase I'm worried about because before I can even get one heal off people are dying...
    and they can't just run back since the AoE damage apparently hits the entire dungeon... -.-

(Didn't see the suggestion for P2 in the first reply but I will try it with a guild run... Don't think I'm going to pug heroics again...)

10+ Year Old Account
    P2 with that group, war-victory rush, you (do what you can, cone of heals is nice for this) Priest/Druid have heals no reason they cannot help stay alive. Rogues have a heal now too. I understand it is a burn phase but dead dps is still 0 dps. No matter what spec the druid is, there is no reason to not tranq during this phase. Even if the priest comes out of form and tosses a binding heal its a ton of help to you and keeping people up. Also, pots, I know they are pricey atm but clearing heroics tends to be pretty important to people. I'd also like to ask, were any of the people in the group flasked or have food buffs? I know it's not a large dps increase but the wotlk flasks should be very cheap (15g or less for my server). I fish like crazy so I always have food buff going.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i keep everyone at 20% hp and dispell instancely and let other inetrrupt...

Hey man priest here, but dont worry im of the disc kind! im on your side, i swear! haha, anyway:

You seem to have freaked out exactly the same way i did when i first attempted this encounter, let me just say right up front: its really really easy and shouldnt cause you any stress until the last 20% or so.

When he strangulates, get everyone to about 50% and then leave them, let yo mp5 kick in and regen some juice, throw out heals for the tank (though the boss doesnt hit hard) and whoever gets pain and suffering, also make sure to dispell that IMMEDIATELY, i only found you you could dispell it yesterday, which makes it alot easier than demanding a dps interrupt it.

The only time you need to maintain heals on EVERYONE in the group, is at about 20% he will say: fuck it im sick of you, die now. (or something along those lines)

Start by beaconing the tank and then just go through the party list (dont forget yourself) and spam your fastest heal, DPS need to kill the boss before you run out of mana pretty much.

I hope this helps

usually when i heal this, i just keep people at 1% and then focus on dispelling the shadow word pain on people. he really doesnt do alot of melee dmg so its not very hard to keep the tank up. if you're really unlucky tho, you'll get asphyxiation right into his metamorphosis thing and it'll gib everyone instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgo
    oh def pie. Who the fuck likes cake more than pie? Ill tell you who. Nazis.

This fight is very tricky , you don't need to keep everyone at 100% , just stack 3 holy powers , be sure to ask the meele and caster to be standing infront of you , Cast LoD directly when strangulate goes off and holy radiance , if you beaconed the tank it should give him easily 10-15k life , keep the tank beaconed ,
    spam holy light to everyone in the grp holy shock ofc , alway judgement when it up it very important to alway judge so you dont ran out of mana.

when the boss goes at 20% ?( excuse me if i'm wrong) he will cast a sort of AoE affect dmg on everyone every 2s or so , pop your wing holy radiance divine favor and try to keep everyone alive , if you have a shaman or mage in the grp they should save the bloodlust for this moment with bloodlust / divine favor / wings , you should have no problem keeping everyone up.

The difficult part in an argument is not to defend one’s opinion, but rather to know it.
    - Andre Maurois 1957.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baron Ashbury is all about managing his casts. Let Stay of Execution tick 1 or 2 times before interrupting, unless you're ready for some huge healing, dispel Pain and Suffering, make sure Mend Rotten Flesh is interrupted. Your dps also has to be on the ball, mainly because he stacks a debuff on you throughout the fight that will increase the damage you take during the burn phase. After that, just beat the shit out of him and collect your loot. It's pretty simple once you learn the mechanics.

Ignore everyone's health unless they're under 20%, pop a holy shock on them, dispell his dot and keep everyone around 20%
    When hes at about 25% and does his final strangulate, pop HR, get everyone to stack up and LoD, top everyone off with what you deem needed to top them off before he ticks into hueg aoe phase, by which point HR should have about 15 seconds left, you could easily have 3HP and everyone will be topped, provided they have average DPS its a cake walk from there

I really don't know why people have problems with this, you barely need to use mana if you understand how the mechanic works and Holy Pallies especially have the best AoE healing in a confined space so it really should be no problem,

you have to let his heal tick twice then interrupt it. Top off the tank and repeat. When he goes into phase 2 just pop cooldowns hero/lust/timewarp.

This is one of the easier fights in SFK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the dps's interrupt the Slay of Execution(or w/e it's called) as soon as he begins to cast it, have your tank interrupt the Mend Rotten Flesh spell, again have a dps interrupt Pain and Suffering, dispel it, get everyone ~60% when he finishes casting Asphyxiate(get some dps that can heal pop 1-2 supportive heals like healing rain, 1-2 rejuvs, etc) and pop bl/hero/tw @ 25% and burn him down. Easy fight.

It's really straightforward once you get a hang of it.

First of all, you shouldn't have to heal the tank directly, so after a Strangulate, you just keep them up with a few Holy Shocks and Holy Lights, nothing mana-heavy. If there is enough interrupters, make them interrupt Pain and Suffering, but be aware of it anyway, they might miss one. When you get around 30%, everybody should stop their dps until after a strangulate, and after that, you pop all CDs, heal the group up to full while they dps him down. If this misses, it's probably because someone fucked up. And btw, you can move beacon to the best Dps during this phase, since tank can't tank the boss. Make sure everybody is on the same page, so they pop whatever defensive CDs they have around when the phase begins.

alright, Thanks guys, I'm planning on running a Heroic with my guild tonight, so now I at least know this fight should we get SFK!

@ Gazzg - I like priests long as they ain't startin' crap :P
    Thanks lol