Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofraz View Post
    It'll be February before anyone is exalted with their guild. The same day people hit level 25 is the day people hit exalted.
    I'd like to see the math on this. I know guilds wont hit lvl 25 until then, I think it ended up being 123 days or something if you get exp capped every day. Also, I'm not sure the guild rep cap is the same for everyone. A friend of mine got capped both weeks, and wasn't even honored.

The only problem with guild rep is that it's bugged. Some people get capped before others...

Quote Originally Posted by hayharut View Post
    imo guild rep is bs, its up to your guild to decide what rank you are not a damn machene
    It doesn't choose your rank in the guild, it's just a rep system that makes it to where people can't join a guild and buy something the guild earned and then leave without a second thought, or putting any effort into it. If you don't care to buy the pets/mounts/heirloom gear then don't worry about the rep, but it doesn't affect guild rank what so ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    im already honored with my guild, and i can say by the time you're exalted, you probably won't have anything to buy that requires exalted...

Just questing, I make maybe 1200-1500g per zone in new content. This includes selling any quest reward that I can't use and the money generated from gathering professions. My paladin started Cata with just over 3k, and now has over 12k - including money spent on buying gear and leveling professions. My shaman started cata with 5k, bought Artisan riding, and is back up to 5k at level 83. Gold is not a problem in Cata.

As far as guild rep is concerned, I think it advances at a proper rate. The rewards are powerful and shouldn't be given away all at once. The only thing that needs attention is the still-remaining bug that prohibits some people from gaining rep this week.

heirlooms should be accessable on an earlier level. the time we will hit glvl 10 and 20 - is the time were my alts are already 85

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    Another messed up thing is having to do quests as the only way to get rep. I seriously will probably do like 100 quests in the whole time im 85 because im too busy having fun raiding and pvping. The quests give 15 rep at 85 and usually ONE at lower levels. ONE out of 1000 I mean come on thats just getting to friendly reptuation.
    Actually, when I do any quest at level 85, they award me either 40 or 41 guild rep. Not sure where you get the 15 from. The amount of money you are, or should be, earning at 85 is quite substantial compared to their costs. And if you are doing your dailys every day you will be gaining the rep and gold quite fast. You also have guild runs of dungeons and raids to earn more. With the weekly cap in place you should have no problem getting all your rep every week.

Was talking with GM yesterday. He said that in Blizzard's opinion all the Guild rep, level and achievments system is total failure and they are not satisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Was talking with GM yesterday. He said that in Blizzard's opinion all the Guild rep, level and achievments system is total failure and they are not satisfied with it.
    o reallyyyyyyy

It's honestly fine. The rep needs to be spaced out so that people aren't bumping their heads on the ceiling with the expansion only being out for less than a month. That's what raiding is for.

money seems pretty high atm, alot of people have way more then they used to

Quote Originally Posted by yovmit98 View Post
    Best part is guild hoppers don't get jack for benefits. Time for some loyalty people!!!
    I agree with you man
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Quote Originally Posted by labelbuddy View Post
    i agree the guild stuff is crazy hard to get and takes forever, plus it cost a bunch
    Hmm wouldn't that be the essence of everything meaningful in WoW?

Leveling the guild takes forever. The only gripe I have with that is heirlooms are only bought at level 20!

Quote Originally Posted by Holyhands View Post
    Leveling the guild takes forever. The only gripe I have with that is heirlooms are only bought at level 20!
    yea by the time u get them ull have all level 85s

My guild maxes out rep in like 5 minutes, how do you think I feel?
    WTB talented signature creators!

Just wanna clarify.... a toon gains guild rep by contributing exp to the guild exp.
    If the Guild exp is capped for the day, and i can't contribute anymore... i dun get any guild rep?

I've been stucked at 4k guild rep (Friendly) for a good 1 week now.
    Been running Heroics and doing Dailies everyday... just that the Guild Exp is capped everytime i reached home after work... So how does that work out? I'm gonna be stucked at Friendly for the rest of my WoW life? -_-

You won't be stuck. You have a cap on rep you can earn during a week also for yourself, not just your guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, I need to get a guild *period*. I left my guild towards the end of WoTLK because it was just plain dead. I wasn't beating the horse anymore with them. Now with cata here everyone has turned into a 10m guild and don't want new recruits. =/

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I hit honored with my guild in the second week, and I don't think I capped my rep that week either. It will take... another month or so to hit exalted with my guild? Ok. Raiding gets you rep, heroics get you rep, guild pvp gets rep, plenty of things give rep. This is like people complaining about the exp cap for guild leveling. You weren't ment to get everything in a couple weeks, this stuff should take time. And besides, the guild rep system is there to stop you from jumping ship to a higher level guild, because you will have to work to get the rep for guild stuff.
    12 weeks exactly to get exalted from Neutral, assuming you hit the cap each week
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me