Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Cataclysm - Another expansion amazing on paper, rubbish in application.

This isn't me whining.. it's an informative negative post

-Tol'barad is broken, defence is too easy, attacking is too hard - poorly designed
    -Dungeon Queues are stupidly long - meaning gearing is taking years
    -PvP Class Balance isn't even close. Rock, Paper, Scissors all the justification you want, there is no balance at the minute.
    -Alliance really do suck now
    -Guild levelling is pointless and poorly designed, wouldn't be as bad if it was pointless but well designed.
    -Guild rep is even worse.

Cataclysm was released much to early to the people playing beta weren't giving good enough feedback, either way, there better be a major patch to fix it.

/rant over

tl;dr shut up.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Tol barad, ok i agree, needs some change
    Dungeon ques, just wait a month or so, people still need to lvl
    Pvp, have no idea i barely pvp
    Ally/ Horde, only ends in QQ, if you don't like ally, go play horde
    Guild leveling is quite usefull, just check out the perks etc
    Guild rep, so you have to do something in order to use some rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Not very informative.
    2. That's normal at the start of the expansion. The queues will lessen over time as more people reach 85 and gear up.
    3. That's not informative at all.
    4. Neither is that.
    5. Or that.
    6. Or that (this is getting repetitive).

Huge game is hard to balance. More at eleven.

Pvp has always been rock paper scissors.
    Dungeon que's are long because people are queing with guildies and not subjecting themselves to pugs.
    Ally is fine

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your Tol Barad point is correct, it's really hard to attack and win.

The rest is garbage, just a buttload of QQ.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    1) I really haven't spent much time in Tol Barad to form an opinion on it.
    2) When you get more people reaching level 85 and the right ilvl for heroics the queues will shorten (I play a healer so instant queue wewt)
    3) I don't really pvp so... yea
    4) Would you care to elaborate on exactly how Alliance "sucks" now?
    5) Guild leveling is really not pointless at all, it provides the guildies with great perks such as: increased ex per quest and monster, increased mount speed, increased rep (and those are only the first few levels of a guild) not to mention the cool pets and mounts that are obtainable along with guild achievements, w00t!.
    6) I do agree guild rep can use a little bit of a comb over.

All in all I don't think cata was released too early, and I think you're pretty much ranting because you're not getting exactly what you want.

Deleted
    -tol'barad is indeed broken. im not setting foot in that s***hole again before a fix.
    -if you are a DPS, yes.
    -no resilience, what were u expecting?
    -hm....some of the BGs i used to lose i am winning most of the time...like IoC. Im horde btw.
    -Guild leveling what? are you mad? :O lots and lots of awesome perks, and u dont have to be an addict to level it up properly. cant wait for my anihilator
    -please tell me why. wanted to be exalted on the first day? do explain.

hm... i shouldnt have bothered to answer i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089 View Post
    people are queing with guildies and not subjecting themselves to pugs.
    This is how it should be. PuG and be prepared to wait long and have a high chance of failure, or group with a guild and run dungeons the way they were intended.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

-Tol'barad is broken, defence is too easy, attacking is too hard - poorly designed
    -PvP Class Balance isn't even close. Rock, Paper, Scissors all the justification you want, there is no balance at the minute.
    -Guild levelling is pointless and poorly designed, wouldn't be as bad if it was pointless but well designed.

Cataclysm was released much to early to the people playing beta weren't giving good enough feedback, either way, there better be a major patch to fix it.

/rant over

tl;dr shut up.
    Tol barad just needs a change to spawn locations or something. Easy fix.
    Dungeon queues have always been long and always will be long unless you're a tank. Find yourself a guild.
    Class balance has never been perfect and never will be.
    Alliance haven't changed at all.
    Guild leveling isn't pointless.
    Guild rep isn't pointless either.

Cataclysm was actually delayed to fix issues. I guess you've never tried to release a multi-GB patch to a game with a million different hardware setups, crazy amount of variables in PvP and PvE, and a bi-polar player base that not only wants everything to be faceroll, but wants everything to be impossible too. If anything's majorly wrong, it will be fixed in a patch.

In short: you're crying about things that are either minor, in your imagination, or are probably on the "to be fixed" list.

Aside from Tol Borad, this is a L2P issue.

QQ Control Center =============>>>>

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

rock paper scissors pvp based eh? well in a sense thats the best kinda of pvp since noone can ultimately reign as the greatest pvper and one class can take out another while another class can take out that one. you want balance pvp you make your own team on your server and do rated bgs or just regular bgs but it would be balanced based on the team you have

Opinion = fact now?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted

/rant over

tl;dr shut up.
    And there was me thinking MMO had an abundance of happy people at the moment...
    for i was blind but now i see.
    You are butthurt, and angry.
    Alliance sucking is to do with your server, not cataclysm. Guild rep will take time. Getting to exalted and level 25 within 2 weeks would suck donkey balls.
    Dungeon queues? Join a guild.
    PvP? L2P

/rant over

tl;dr shut up.
    1. I'll agree it needs some adjustment but overall not too bad.
    2. Get a better guild.
    3. Too early too tell. Skill > class in most cases.
    4. At least u didnt get belves in TBC.
    4&5. Its a small feature. Insignificant really.

Did I just get trolled?
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Im in a small guild of RL friends blizzard said they didnt want small guild to be peened by being small for the levelling but christ, i'd rather be in a guild of 400 people i dont know if i get the perks... small guilds got pwnt.

Resilience does not fix balance, it means you live longer, in the grand scheme of things if everyone is running round with 2000 resilience you'll still be killed by the same classes and still destroy the same classes, it will just take longer.

Alliance suck... the only BG they ever win is IoC

and SeabeastRivin, I heard about americans not understanding sarcasm, but I didn't actually believe it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Innovation VS content. I'd put my money on the latter, BUT, once all the kinks are figured out, I'm sure all the new features will be more pleasant for everybody. ^_^

1. Tol barad is poorly designed IMO, having to hold all towers to attack, when you only need to hold 1 to defend is incredibly difficult. It should be, At the end of the time limit, whoever controls to most wins, or even implement a point system like in Arathi Basin.
    2. Dungeon queues are not blizzard's fault. People not wanting to play tanks or heals is the problem. Only way to fix this is to make 5 mans doable without 1 or the other, which would totally trivialize the difficulty.
    3. Pvp balance, who cares. 1vs1 does not come into the equation anymore. They stated that rated BG's is what they are focusing on, and really even 10vs10 is pretty much impossible to make completely balanced.
    4. Ally suck? Wtf does this even mean. You suck.
    5. Guild leveling is awesome, some of the benefits are extremely useful and I love the fact that casual guilds won't be max level within the first month of the expansion. If you don't like things that you have to work for, that says a lot about you.
    6. Guild rep is also balanced. I'm honored after the 3rd week, several people in my guild were honored within 2 weeks because of how much rep they got before the reset on launch day. I could see getting exalted in another month or so. That's no problem considering with the past time lines, cata should be out for at least 2 years.
    7. It did seem like a ton of the people invited to the beta were only invited so they could virally market the game. Most of the people who played beta probably just played because it was something different and didn't help at all with reporting bugs.

Give it some time, IMO this expansion is showing a lot of promise. Don't like it? Play another game, no skin off my back.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    1. Not very informative.
    2. That's normal at the start of the expansion. The queues will lessen over time as more people reach 85 and gear up.
    3. That's not informative at all.
    4. Neither is that.
    5. Or that.
    6. Or that (this is getting repetitive).
    If you actually played the game you wouldn't need to be informed of blizzards failures.

10+ Year Old Account

/rant over

tl;dr shut up.

Everyone wants to DPS and no one wants to tank or heal thats why don't want long ques? roll a tank or healer

PvP has never been balanced and never will be get over it

Poorly designed? No Pointless? are you daft? there's tons of great perks that encourage being in a guild

Not really

10+ Year Old Account
    and SeabeastRivin, I heard about americans not understanding sarcasm, but I didn't actually believe it.
    I heard that physical location was totally relevant to this discussion, can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubble View Post
    If you actually played the game you wouldn't need to be informed of blizzards failures.
    I never said I needed to be informed of them, did I? The OP claimed his post was informative when it was, in fact, not.