Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Want to know something, different areas of the world have different words for the same things. Shocking I know. Who would have ever guessed there would be different word out there?

OT: Some of these match ups would be interesting to see. I'm not a huge soccer fan, as it isn't shown much in the great state of hockey, but when it's on I'll tune in.

EDIT:

The word "soccer" originated as an "Oxford '-er'" slang abbreviation of "association", and was popularized in the late nineteenth century by a prominent English footballer, Charles Wreford-Brown.[5] This origin is evident in the sometimes-heard variation, "soccer football".

SO you Europe "football" pride people can get over yourselves, ir was your people that started the term soccer.
    To quote Wikipedia like you did: 'Of the 45 national FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) affiliates in which English is an official or primary language, 43 use football in their organisations' official names (only Canada and United States use soccer).'

Deleted
    GK: Gordon Banks
    RB: Jarzinho (Amazing Wingback of the brazil 1970 World cup winning squad, scored 7 goals during that world cup)
    CB: Franz Beckenbauer
    CB: Fabio Cannavaro
    LB: Paolo Maldini
    LM: Johann Cruyff
    CM: Zinedine Zidanne
    CM: Michele Platini
    RM: Lionel Messi
    CF: Diego Maradonna
    CF: Ronaldo ( The Brazilian one, Not the Portugese Ladyboy playing for Real Madrid)

Deleted
    I won't name a full list but the lists so far.. are just sad for one reason. How has not 1 single person mentioned the footballing god that is...

Sócrates his name even sounds awesome!!!

More recent list for me aswell, mostly from players who play as of right now;

GK - Smeichel
    Def - Maicon, Tony Adams, Vidic, Ashley Cole
    Mid: Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas (with fabregas in a more offensive role right behind the strikers), Obi Mikel (with him behind the other 3 working as a very defensive midfielder)
    Attack - Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry

10+ Year Old Account
    GK - Lev Yashin

Def - Maldini, Baresi, Mathaus, Roberto Carlos

Mid - Maradona, Cruijff , Zico, Zidane

Att - Pele, Eusebio

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Matador View Post
    RB: Jarzinho (Amazing Wingback of the brazil 1970 World cup winning squad, scored 7 goals during that world cup)
    Jairzinho was a Right Winger not Wingback.

Deleted
    Best 11 atm.

Casillas
    Abidal, Pique, Alex, Johnsson
    Bale, Xavi, Willshere, Iniesta
    Messi, Anelka