[Holy PvP] - How do you sub-spec ?

Hey,

Since I've found disc just isn't working in PvP, I've had a blast playing holy - but I was just wondering which tree you're subspeccing into if you play holy PvP ?

Currently I'm subspeccing into disc to pick up inner sanctum - This build has +4% healing, -10% instant cast mana costs, +6% run speed on inner will (I play nearly exclusively in inner will which this is nice for) and -6% magic damage taken on inner fire.

And I like the build. It's working just fine at the moment, but I was just wondering if I could make it better by speccing into shadow.

In this build, I'd pick up (Over what I have now) - 3% spell haste, -4 second cooldown on psychic scream (really awesome) and +hit rating from spirit, basically meaning I could get rid of my 3 pieces of gear with hit rating on.

So which are you doing ? I'm particularly interested to see if anyone knows whether the fact that you can gear exclusively for spirit in the shadow subspec makes it more or less mana efficient than the -10% instant cast cost from disc.

Cheers !

Deleted
    in pvp i use this
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchcZfuMRRzrkfzoo

you can go with sub shaodw to have less fear cd but i think it's better stay in disci! xD
    Last edited by mmocc307376838; 2010-12-22 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go down to Inner Sanctum in Discipline and take 2/3 out of Darkness, because Heal goes so slow. My spec should be on the link in my sig (second spec is pvp).
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire View Post
    I play nearly exclusively in inner will which this is nice for
    slightly off topic...but hows your survivability in inner will? you have a lot of resil already? im kinda scared to drop outta inner fire with all the armor and dmg reduction...
    The feeling returns whenever we close our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by jellyphish View Post
    slightly off topic...but hows your survivability in inner will? you have a lot of resil already? im kinda scared to drop outta inner fire with all the armor and dmg reduction...
    I've got about 2400 resiliance at the moment, I aim to get about 3400 ish from blue gear by the time my gear is finished (in the next week or so).

To be honest it's just... If I'm going to survive, I'm going to survive. If i'm not, I doubt inner fire would have made any difference. You can dance to it if you think a throwdown / deep freeze or something is coming.

In arena, however, I always *start* out in inner fire and switch to inner will depending on who we're facing - for example, warriors I tend to stick to fire while rogues and ferals I use will.

Back on topic, I was thinking - Berserker Rage basically makes warriors immune to being feared, so with 2 points into improved psychic scream you can actually get about 6 seconds of a psychic scream off on them if you use it on cooldown, which I feel is going to be immensely useful. I'm definetly going to try out a shadow sub-spec at some point soon and see how it goes - probably in place of my disc spec which I find myself hardly using anymore.

Deleted
    i see now your player. why do oyu have so low spirit? can you play without mana problem in arena? i have big big issue with my mana and i have 2200 spirit but no resilience. i'm going to do pvp set now...
    Last edited by mmocc307376838; 2010-12-23 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should take Improved Psychic Scream over Inner Sanctum; 6% is not that much, but a Psychic Scream can save your life
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin