Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so youre saying bats that are made out of stone CANT be skinned???? Wow, you sir should be a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    And yet herbing and mining aggro everything within 15 yards of the node, that otherwise would not aggro if there was no node. Ever been in the elementium mine in TWH? Sure you can come out with multiple stacks of ore but you have killed over a hundred mobs at the same time. At least your killed mobs can't be ninjaed while you are clearly standing on them.
    It's really not that dramatic, I was level 80 when I was mining during the first week (pre-nerf) in Twilight Highlands and per lap there would be maybe 2-3 problematic nodes at most. Might be different for herbalism though.

Good thing I got all the Cata LW patterns before the nerf. Was obvious that they would do it eventually tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Revengencer View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the "it takes longer to do 1 skin" element is more or less balanced out by the fact that there are 100s if not upwards of a thousand skinnable creatures in any zone at a given time, versus what, probably a hundred or so nodes on much longer respawn timers?

It may take much less time to skin 1 leather than to mine 1 piece of ore, but I can almost guarantee you you'll skin 100 leather far quicker than a miner can mine 100 ore or an herbalist can farm 100 herbs.
    I personally have 1 skinner 1 miner and a herb. My skinner is fully decked 85 dps and can kill mobs very fast. My herb is level 81 and my miner is 84. I have tested this out. I gained 100 skins in 1 hour of skinning so 5 stacks. I herbs for one hour and got 12 stacks of herbs although was a druid herb so never had to fight a mob. Then i mined for 1 hour and ended up with 200 ore 10 stacks.

This weekend ill try 2 hours of each and see what numbers i get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khainos View Post
    Stone. Bat.

Go figure... All you should get is [Gravel]
    so your saying a stone bat can actually fly?

Deleted
    The problem i found with Skinning is that i don't have anywhere to skin on my hunter anymore, I'm trying to get my LW up but i can't find any quest zone that actually have mobs that you can skin as you go along.. Take Hellfire, Borean as example, they all had great mobs for killing and skinning, but now.. We got nothing.. And with the removal of the bats, where on earth am i gonna farm?

on the up side, this change forced the price of leather scraps to 45g for 5 on my server. hells to the yea!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I was so disappointed when I found out I couldn't skin the bats anymore! At 5am I was skinning, log out, log back in around 5pm and can't skin them anymore! It was way OP though so I dont blame Blizz. I would agree that there are not that many mobs to skin in new zones!
    Some good places I found:
    Hyjal- Charbringers along the westernmost road that runs north and south
    Vashj'ir- Aye, the crabs in the very first starting zone. Haven't done any other quests there yet.
    Deepholm- Still my favorite minus the bats. Farm the basilisks in the whitish part of the map (can't remember the name) they respawn by the time it's time to do another lap and drop guaranteed leather, not scraps. Also, the quest area where the slate dragons fall from the sky at half health and you have to kill them, this is a good place bc there are usually lots of people doing this quest at any given time and you can just run along behind and collect after them. Of course it is nice to throw in a helpful dot every now and then
    Twilight Highlands- The area towards the last questing part where you have to kill drakes and dragonkin. These have a chance to drop scales as well I think.

On the subject of Pristine Hides, I agree! I got 2 the very first night of Cata release and have yet to see another! Thankfully, you can trade in 10 heavy leather for 1 hide in TH.