Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Ty for the replies.

I believe to feel more excitement towards this game I will have to take a break.

Also to the people who said they didn't care, I know it was hard to show that you really did care and the fact that you took the time to read and post, when clearly knowing what my post was about(You were drawn by the Title, not Deterred) is proof enough that you do care, or else you would have ignored the thread all together.
    Do I care that you are leaving? No. Do I care that you think it somehow matters you are leaving? Kind of. I don't like letting people harbor delusions.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

who are you and why do i care? buh bye

Quote Originally Posted by Revengencer View Post
    Do I care that you are leaving? No. Do I care that you think it somehow matters you are leaving? Kind of. I don't like letting people harbor delusions.
    your second time here, I'll miss you too buddy

But when did I say I was leaving? I only ever said I didnt feel the same way I use to about wow, that its lost its fun. I did however ask if other people felt the same way and that I may consider leaving and that was my take on the current affair of how the game is. If you feel that wow has not changed or that you are enjoying it more then ever, then that is good for you.

I rolled a Worgen and am playing through all the new quests and having a blast. So much new stuff in this expansion that I can't believe you experienced it all in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    your second time here, I'll miss you too buddy

But when did I say I was leaving? I only ever said I didnt feel the same way I use to about wow, that its lost its fun. I did however ask if other people felt the same way and that I may consider leaving and that was my take on the current affair of how the game is. If you feel that wow has not changed or that you are enjoying it more then ever, then that is good for you.
    Not renewing your sub = quitting.

Honestly, when people stand up and declare they're quitting wow, it's just an attention grab. Like I said, and you can not understand basic english all you want, I don't care that you are leaving. It has zero impact on me in any way. My entire motivation for posting is that I find the fact that you think it does matter to me hilarious. People announce they're quitting for the same reason people threaten to harm themselves or some such thing. They're just looking for validation, for someone to say "you matter and will be missed."

It's like when some peta vegan lectures me on eating animals and wearing leather. Do I care that they don't approve of my awesome carnivorous ways? Not really. Does it annoy me that they actually think I care enough to top and tell me about it? Kind of. It's sad and it puts a downer on my day that someone harbors such grand delusions about their opinion to think that I would want or care about it.

Is my view a bit cynical? Probably, but that doesn't make it any less true. Honestly, I just like to hear myself talk, so to speak.
    Last edited by Revengencer; 2010-12-22 at 03:29 PM.
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Ehh, you'll be back and playing this game in a matter of months. Nobody can stay away from WoW...nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by Revengencer View Post
    Not renewing your sub = quitting.

Honestly, when people stand up and declare they're quitting wow, it's just an attention grab. Like I said, and you can not understand basic english all you want, I don't care that you are leaving. It has zero impact on me in any way. My entire motivation for posting is that I find the fact that you think it does matter to me hilarious. People announce they're quitting for the same reason people threaten to harm themselves or some such thing. They're just looking for validation, for someone to say "you matter and will be missed."

It's like when some peta vegan lectures me on eating animals and wearing leather. Do I care that they don't approve of my awesome carnivorous ways? Not really. Does it annoy me that they actually think I care enough to top and tell me about it? Kind of. It's sad and it puts a downer on my day that someone harbors such grand delusions about their opinion to think that I would want or care about it.

Is my view a bit cynical? Probably, but that doesn't make it any less true.
    ahh ok, well I'm really not looking to argue with someone whose trolling the forums just to start stuff. If you dont like my post, pls kindly move on.

Sadly this is also how I feel, but at the moment I don't have many other games to get addicted on, so WoW is pretty much keeping me as a prisoner. I do still often work, sport, go out, play on the wii etc.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Sadly this is also how I feel, but at the moment I don't have many other games to get addicted on, so WoW is pretty much keeping me as a prisoner. I do still often work, sport, go out, play on the wii etc.
    What games grab your attention on the Wii?

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it more insane if a person considers WOW their major, single and only fun. Go out and kick a football around with your mates, or go for a drink, or play a different game. I frequently go through phases of not playing WOW or in small doses but I return because I feel refreshed. Imagine playing Red Dead Redemption, even with add-ons, for six years - no matter how much you love it, you'll need a break.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Bye, no one will miss you.
    Why say that?, OMG he is just expressing himself, you seem like a lonely kinda person..

I Agree with the OP, it feels like Blizz is flogging a dead horse and the game has run its course....

Wow needs its google.. something to come out of leftfield....

Quote Originally Posted by Sant View Post
    Why say that?, OMG he is just expressing himself, you seem like a lonely kinda person..

I Agree with the OP, it feels like Blizz is flogging a dead horse and the game has run its course....

People make these threads to call attention to themselves and say "please validate my decision."

Some of us like to try and bring those people back down to reality.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sant View Post

I also happen to agree with the OP (although I am not quite at the same point with the game) and Sant summed it up very well.

Also, some of you are just sad human beings. This is, believe it or not, a specific interest forum. Look at others pertaining to specific interests (Honda-Tech or BikeForums as examples) and when people say they are leaving for some reason (had to sell their Honda, broke their leg and can't ride their bike, etc) you aren't going to read too many 'Buh bye, don't care' type responses, especially if they have contributed as many postings as our OP did. I guess that is the difference between an online community and......whatever you want to call this. Oh, sorry, let me rephrase that in a way that flamers will understand:

'umadbro? lolumad. u catch feelins cause OP has a something outside WoW and u dont? u jelly bro.' If you don't care, why even post something other than to be mean or to stroke some delusion of dominance over another person?

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I also happen to agree with the OP (although I am not quite at the same point with the game) and Sant summed it up very well.

Also, some of you are just sad human beings. This is, believe it or not, a specific interest forum. Look at others pertaining to specific interests (Honda-Tech or BikeForums as examples) and when people say they are leaving for some reason (had to sell their Honda, broke their leg and can't ride their bike, etc) you aren't going to read too many 'Buh bye, don't care' type responses, especially if they have contributed as many postings as our OP did. I guess that is the difference between an online community and......whatever you want to call this. Oh, sorry, let me rephrase that in a way that flamers will understand:

'umadbro? lolumad. u catch feelins cause OP has a something outside WoW and u dont? u jelly bro.' If you don't care, why even post something other than to be mean or to stroke some delusion of dominance over another person?
    ^This.
    The game is new and fun after the release of cata, but the shitty attitudes of a growing number of players is killing my desire to play a game I've loved playing for 6 years.

I'm not claiming to be an old timer with more dignity and with more wisdom and its the crazy kids screwing it up. I'm 27 and still swear like a sailor and have a good time.
    But the courtesy and respect level in this game has nose dived dramatically.

Some random dude is sick of playing the game...yeah it doesn't mean anything to most of us, but if you don't care don't read or post. Why is it a good idea to be a rude jack ass to the poster, what do you gain from that.

Granted the only reason to post you're quitting is a frustration vent, and it may not always be needed, but if someone does, either ignore the post or be constructive.
    Trying to make someone feel like they're worthless is a gross display of your character and shows the lack of respect you deserve to be given.