Deleted

Returning hunter

Hey guys,

I've been away for a while (from hunter at least) my main is a resto drood and im going to level my 60 hunter back up.

he's currently BM, but what spec do you guys think i should take? keep in mind im not a noob, but i have been away from the game for quite some time

Thanks in Advance!

While you're leveling, any spec you want to roll with that is fun to you will work. BM is great for those minor group quests that can be a pain when you have a Tanking pet.

Once you get into the higher levels, especially level 81 when you can get Cobra shot, I would recommend going Survival.

It's very potent, and that will help you become comfortable with the spec prior to heroics, since you will be Survival through questing and normal dungeons. This is important since Survival is, by far, our highest DPS spec right now.

Also, don't forget to browse through the 4.0.3 guides stickied on this forum, as they provide very useful information to help you get caught up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with whatever spec you like, etc.

Myself? I would go SV till 70, explosive shot is awesome.
    After 70, go MM, and use Glyph of Misdirection, as MM has the best 'utilities' for leveling, such as 50 focus when you kill stuff, u never need to put Hunter's Mark up, a minor heal from Chimera Shot, as well as being able to Silence and Readiness.

Deleted
    hmmm i'll give it a try thanks guys

Yeah, basically all 3 specs are really strong for leveling now, though MM starts weak but becomes really strong in higher levels. SV is great for crowd control and large pulls, while BM has the awesome pets that can tank anything you'll run into while leveling.

And yes, survival is the highest dps right now, but don't expect that to be the case for long. I expect that we'll see our first round of dps balancing relatively soon, as most of the playerbase is hitting 85 and starting the endgame content. When that happens there's a strong chance SV will get knocked down a peg.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierjn View Post
    While you're leveling, any spec you want to roll with that is fun to you will work. BM is great for those minor group quests that can be a pain when you have a Tanking pet.

Once you get into the higher levels, especially level 81 when you can get Cobra shot, I would recommend going Survival.

It's very potent, and that will help you become comfortable with the spec prior to heroics, since you will be Survival through questing and normal dungeons. This is important since Survival is, by far, our highest DPS spec right now.

Also, don't forget to browse through the 4.0.3 guides stickied on this forum, as they provide very useful information to help you get caught up.
    As Xavierjn pointed out, any talent spec is currently great for leveling. Regardless of being survival and marksman you can still have your pet tank while you focus fire down the mob/boss/quest mob very easily without ever having to jump back, kite or feign death to loose aggro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    Regardless of being survival and marksman you can still have your pet tank while you focus fire down the mob/boss/quest mob very easily without ever having to jump back, kite or feign death to loose aggro.
    Don't forget about that Awesome Glyph of Misdirection at 70 =D

Means you can use a cat for the agi/str buff and its a viable tank, assuming it doesn't die.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Means you can use a cat for the agi/str buff and its a viable tank, assuming it doesn't die.
    Heart of the Pheonix FTW, Fateofman. I put points into it for lvling so I get the buff like Judia says.