what class should I play for healing/DPS heroics?

I dinged 80 on my DK (my first 80) and have grown to love heroics. I want to level a healer, but i also want to do good DPS. I enjoy mages and want to play a healer that can do DPS in a similar fashion, while also being able to heal. does such a class exist? i want to play either Tauren or goblin, and maybe BE

Quote Originally Posted by NumNumsfitzgerald View Post
    I dinged 80 on my DK (my first 80) and have grown to love heroics. I want to level a healer, but i also want to do good DPS. I enjoy mages and want to play a healer that can do DPS in a similar fashion, while also being able to heal. does such a class exist? i want to play either Tauren or goblin, and maybe BE
    Discipline Priests seem the way to go with Evangelism now.

I had the same problem. You want a solid healer and ranged deeps. Seems like you have three options; Shaman, Druid, and Priest.

I decided Priest because it has two good healing specs to switch between when I get bored of one and I find Shadow to be the more enjoyable of the three's ranged dps spec.
    Druid seems like the easier healer becuase of the ease of mana regan but I hate Moonkin form and I find Balanced to be the most boring Dps spec in game.
    Then there's Shaman which I have little experience with but can heal well and put out wicked damage, Plus BLOODLUST!

Taurne can be all healing classes, Goblin priest and shaman, and BE's can be priests (But who wants to play a BE?)

I would suggest trying them all out a little and deciding what you think looks the best and have spells yo find enjoyable.

Deleted
    I'd suggest giving a resto/boomkin druid a go
    I don't enjoy the druid healing myself (i love my disc/holy priest though!), but i expect you'd like the boomkin's bursty damage over the shadow priests damage over time.

I don't really like the shaman class (i have and enh/resto one at 77 that i'm bored to death of) so i won't comment on that one :3 The Ele tree might be another you'd like thoguh.

You can do a hilarious amount of DPS in tree form as a resto druid. Or just play balance and pew pew. Solar beam is amazing for heroics.