Arena Life as a Low Resil Rshaman

Ok, let me just say now that I am not a seasoned resto shaman. I dinged 80 a couplw eeks before cat. I have just joined a 2's team with a ret pally basically to farm for pvp gear. These are just some of my observations so don't flame me. I would appreciate any helpful advice.

1) I find that atm dual dps is a total face roll against healer/dps teams. Im sure its do to my low resil (I think its only like 660 right now) and the fact that my partner is unable to keep two dps teams (or single warriors or ferals) from totaly facerolling me in a matter of seconds.

2) I am the only non paladin healer I have faced in 2's so far. I only have maybe 25 matches or so. ominus sighn? maybe

3) What can I do to stop the faceroll without having great resil? (I keep earth shield on myself. I have stoneclaw totem glyphed. I have a macro using natures swiftness/greater healing wave easily ready. I use hex right out the back to try to get trinket popped asap. I have specced into insta ghost wolf and drop earthbind totem when trying to flee. What are some good other tips for shammy healz?

4) I know my comp isn't optimal but what can we both do to counter dual dps teams better?

Anyway, I'm mostly interested in other rshamans thoughts, but any helpful comments are greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went 2-2 with a double-mage team last night. They won on RoV (go figure). Pillars are your friends, as are things like juking ledges. Many melee like to move around a lot while doing damage, so use that to your advantage. Can't count how many melee I've escaped just by dancing on a ledge or corner, and they strafe/run a little too far and fall off.

Also, when possible, use cleanse as a heal. You remove slows/snares/debuffs and heal at the same time. It's very, very useful for living through mage burst, as their setup usually includes slow/nova. Drop Grounding as soon as you get nova'd to give you enough GCD playtime to cleanse it.

Also, apparently vendor water is usable now in arenas, so always be drinking when you can.
    Last edited by Tehfred; 2010-12-22 at 10:31 PM.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Deleted
    all healers with low resilience is bad right now..

Ya things are pretty shit as a healer until you get like 2k res. You won't be able to escape in any real way 2 dps on you without skilled peeling help. Also, 2's are never balanced and never will be. Go 3's/5's and rated BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sard View Post
    Ya things are pretty shit as a healer until you get like 2k res. You won't be able to escape in any real way 2 dps on you without skilled peeling help. Also, 2's are never balanced and never will be. Go 3's/5's and rated BG's.
    Though classes op in 2's are more often than not op in 3's like ferals and mages, i met a 2's team composed of those two , was pointless yeah lol.In 3's id assume they would add a pally healer (most op healer now) and you have what id say as lewis black would put it....a "trifecta from hell"
    Last edited by walexia; 2010-12-24 at 05:33 AM.

As a newbie shaman healer with less than 1000 resi, I found that games between healer+dps teams is all about your mana longevity and clever use of utility spells (hex, wind shear, earth shock, unleash elements, totems and heroism). A match against 2 dps classes, its about your teammate's ability to lock/cc and kill one of your enemies before they kill you. So it also depends on your partner's abilities/gear and skills. Don't only blame yourself.

As a tip, I would say try to kite even better with frost shock, and never underestimate the power of unleash elements.
    Don't hex right away. Use it to while they are casting. That way, you will make them lose more than 10 sec.
    Some shamans don't know that, but Nature's swiftness also makes Hex instant cast just like healing spells. sometimes it's more beneficial to use it that way.
    Save your glyphed stoneclaw totem for when you are silenced, because technically it is not a spell but a physical ability. So you can use it when you are silenced and soften concentrated nuking efforts.
    I would suggest stacking crit rather than haste because it triggers 15% physical damage reduction and extra healing when talented.
    Also, a glyphed and talented stream healing totem is useful beyond imagination. Especially melees won't touch it if it's not right next to you while 200 resist + increased HoT saves your ass.

Wait, wait? A resto shaman complaining? You're probably the best healer in arena. No offence, but rshamans are close to OP against casters. Your heals def needs to be scaled down a bit and so does your mana regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    Wait, wait? A resto shaman complaining? You're probably the best healer in arena. No offence, but rshamans are close to OP against casters. Your heals def needs to be scaled down a bit and so does your mana regen.
    Not really.. Just stop putting up magic and curse debuffs/dots.

I wouldn't even bother at all, the arena is continiously facerolled by holy paladins and arenas are also more bugged then Windows 95.

arena is garbage right now

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Not really.. Just stop putting up magic and curse debuffs/dots.
    No offence, but what? You're telling me to stop DPS? Lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    I think you mentioned rshammy when you actualy meant to say hpally, otherwise the rest of your sentence is true and i agree with it.