Chaotic vs Ember meta gem.

which is better? for each spec?

No that is your answer

I believe by about, give or take 2% dps, chaotice meta when gemmed even for the current meta requirements wins. Again by only about 2%. at lvl 85 in raid gear, thats about 250-300 dps. My suggestion: Until the meta requirements are fixed in the next client side patch, go with the ember meta.

Deleted
    The +3% crit damage is not as vital now as it was in wrath, as crit chances are much lower and it has less of an effect.

It is a lot of effort to optimise how to get the best use out of the chaotic meta and if the difference is only 2%, it isnt worth it for most players.

Blues say they're gonna change back the Chaotic requirements soon enough so once again it will be BiS for more or less every DPS class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aabrahm View Post
    I believe by about, give or take 2% dps, chaotice meta when gemmed even for the current meta requirements wins. Again by only about 2%. at lvl 85 in raid gear, thats about 250-300 dps. My suggestion: Until the meta requirements are fixed in the next client side patch, go with the ember meta.
    No. Chaotic is only BARELY ahead for only Frost, it is equal with Ember for Fire, and worse than Ember for Arcane. Until they change the requirements, you should just stick with Ember.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Giliandrix View Post
    Blues say they're gonna change back the Chaotic requirements soon enough so once again it will be BiS for more or less every DPS class.
    Have they not been telling us that for the last month? The very first blue post I read about it after 4.0 hit stated that all they needed to do was a small patch to revoke the changes. Over a month later and it's still not fixed and I've downloaded probably 3 or so small patches since then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooshkrusher View Post
    Have they not been telling us that for the last month? The very first blue post I read about it after 4.0 hit stated that all they needed to do was a small patch to revoke the changes. Over a month later and it's still not fixed and I've downloaded probably 3 or so small patches since then.
    We've actually downloaded a grand total of 0 patches since 4.0.3a, so just hold onto your britches. Just like 3.0.9 balanced Arcane Mages last expansion, there'll probably be something like 4.0.5 to fix the meta gems or what not.
    BfA Beta Time

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    No. Chaotic is only BARELY ahead for only Frost, it is equal with Ember for Fire, and worse than Ember for Arcane. Until they change the requirements, you should just stick with Ember.
    In case any one wanted the link to the math behind this: http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t106009-...2/#post1794256

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshkrusher View Post
    Small patches have been launcher and out of game tool updates, not actual game patches.

Well I'm frost and I'm using the crit meta. Since I'm low on hit, i'm using crit-mastery/hit gems on blues (yeah got a lot of blues sockets). 3% on each crit I do (which happens a lot) is great.