Poll: 4 healing 10 man raids

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb How do you feel about 4 healing 10 mans?

In my guild we have been 4 healing most fights minus the ones that don't need it (mainly conclave of wind and maloriak). Because of this strategy fights are longer however we rarely die to random crap. Our dps is definetly high enough to account for 4 dps per fight, just wanted to know what people think and if they use this as well till people get more geared.

Four is alot imo, but if you're killing bosses and it's working, why change it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow i literally just posted this, already a response.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've definitely been 3 healing pretty much everything, but we don't really have the option of a 4th healer with our composition.

Whatever works for you group.

Deleted
    If it's working for you, why not ^^. Personally I wouldn't go with more than 3 where the extra healing is needed. If your dps arent terribad at staying out of bad stuff, more shouldn't be needed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    really the reason we are mainly 4 healing is the the amount of damage going out and healers going oom midway through fight. we generally run a resto shaman, 2 druids, and a holy priest. at times its 2 druids ans 2 priests. Also I am mainly the ONLY ranged dps along with a rogue, enhancement shaman, ret pally and sometimes feral druid. i'm a warlock btw.

We ran 4 healers on our first Sindragosa Heroic kill. Iceblocks kept hitting them so we'd be stuck with 1 healer for way too long. If it works go with it. I'd like to see a lot more flexibility in the raids like this but Bliz is a little to set on pushing you to have a very specific group with only one tactic to win.

In another MMO I played you could have a DPS heavy guild kill a boss before the mechanics overran them or a support heavy guild that was capable of healing and CCing their way though stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    If your healers are having that much trouble then you can try, although you might run into serious dps issues with enrage timers or going OOM because the boss is up too long.

I would suggest gearing your healers out more before attempting to raid if it's a real issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Four is alot imo, but if you're killing bosses and it's working, why change it.
    This ^ Do what works for your group and guild. We were still 3 healing ICC 10 when you clearly only needed 2 but it worked for us and kept the same core group doing it. As long as bosses are falling....

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll hit the enrage on many fights with 4 healers, assuming you don't have the 4 best DPS on the planet. I suppose if you brought 4 DPS that were all capable of top 10 WoL parses on a consistent basis... but I think the chances of that are fairly slim.

Deleted
    I can't imagine how long a fight like Omnitron Defense System (10) would take with 4 healers, 2 tanks and another DD focusing on things like interrupting Arcanotron.

Everything is doable with 3 if you ask me.

3 possibilities
    1. It is just a matter of mana and cooldown management or using things like the pools under Arcanotron everytime you can.
    2. Your tanks don't use their cooldown effectively. Some cooldowns aren't just panic buttons and can be used several times during an encounter to massively decrease damage taken.
    3. Your dps is mediocre and bosses stay up too long.
    4. Your raid doesn't evade spells on fights like Atramedes and just eats a lot more damage than intended.

i think you'd be hitting enrages too fast. just have a shadow priest for mini heals

10+ Year Old Account
    Nine healers, or two healers, it doesn't matter. If you're progressing at a group acceptable rate, and having fun; than you're doing it right.

Like others said, if you're killing bosses then it's obviously working for you. Long-term though, you may start running into dps issues with four heals though.

Deleted
    If it works then fine, but... It sounds like you have first-class, awesome dps and utterly terrible healers. Oo

My guild should 4 heal, but the dps is really low

Deleted
    Well if it works for your raid group, why not...
    But dual specc is your friend here I think. Having one (or two) healer/DPS in a raid group makes adapting to specific encounters so much easier.
    And it got much easier for most healing classes to DPS, as spirit converts to hit for Moonkin/ele/shadow, which makes collecting gear for dpsing not that bad.

(Okay, I admit, not every healer likes or is capable of playing his DPS-specc.)

i feel like 4 healing normal modes will become feasible as we get gear, but im not sure about heroics

Deleted
    If your dps is good enough for this than your healers are probably slowing your guilds progression down.

we're preferring 2-healing =d
    but ofc if you enjoy long fights...