Poll: How many solves did it take to get Zin/have you spent on getting it so far?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How many fragments to get Zin'rokh?

So it's a poll, as you can see.

I am trying to get an idea of how many solves it will take to get on average (to determine a "drop rate" as such).

Some important notes

-Poll as I have the sword only if you (or someone you know and can rely on) have got the sword.
    -Poll with your current rate without the sword using the "I aint got the sword" options.
    -Only post results of solves AFTER450 skill

Post if you have any comments/advice below. At this point every little helps.
    Last edited by Warhunt; 2010-12-23 at 01:14 PM.

It's called RNG.. It could be first solve after 450, or it could be nr. 100. You never know.. Even if there is a, say 1% chance on getting it, it doesn't mean you can make 100 solves and get it, it could still be 20 or 150.. RNG.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Didn't ask if it was RNG or not. infact the very nature of the post, and my post details indicate that I know this, and am trying to get research to see what sort of figure the RNG is based on.

Try and keep comments like that off this thread please to stop clogging it up with the same point made a thousand times.

Deleted
    It's not 100% RNG tho, you can't get the same project twice before solving all other projects available to you, so with each solve the chance get higher.

It just seems like theres something wrong with the drop rate of this.

Eveyone keeps quoting the old "RNG is RNG" but nearly every single i know or have asked seems to come out with the same reply that they have solved way over 100 after 450 skill and still dont have the sword.

In fact i asked in trade on my server (ally side, 9:1 ally ratio) for anyone who has it, Asking this question over the space of a day 3 people had it and they all said it took way over 100 solves after 450 to get the sword.

If it really was "RNG" then why are we not seeing more people getting it at lesser amounts of solves or even before 525 skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifters View Post
    It's not 100% RNG tho, you can't get the same project twice before solving all other projects available to you, so with each solve the chance get higher.
    How you figured this one out i don't know.

This would only work if every solve was a rare and there was no grey items, As you can get the same grey items over and over and over.

If Zin'Rokh does have a set 1% chance to appear everytime you solve, You could technically spend forever farming it an never get it.
    Last edited by Bluenose; 2011-01-01 at 12:05 PM.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Deleted
    Just dinged 400 solves and no sword. Fun Stuff.

Is just stupid that there is so little troll dig site compare to the night elf , I got the night elf trinket pretty fast with the entire kalimdor full of night elf dig site.....

Deleted
    I don't have the sword - I have solved 131+ times

220 dwarf solves-no staff, 301 troll solves-no sword, over 4000 unused fosil fragments, cba farming more this pure luckbased profession, its just not worth it. Voting ranges are silly, it should be 1-100 101-200 201-300...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifters View Post
    I have solved ~15 Fine Bloodscalp Dinnerwares, ~12 Gahz'rilla Figurines, ~10 of couple of items, and ~5 times like... half of the troll artifacts. It is 100% RNG

Deleted
    got mine in under 25solves, pretty lucky i guess

Did 86 troll solves, some of them during leveling though, probably around 10~

I have the sword and 14 common troll artefact solved.
    My achievement frame says I solved 58 common and 9 rare artefacts total.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only on archaeology 90 something, but I know of 2 people that have got Zin'Rokh on their first solve at 450, and 2 people that have had over 5000 odd fragments and still no luck.

335 troll artifacts solved (What is that, like 10k+ fragments?) ... and no sword yet.

You guys would have a much easier time doing blackwing descent and killing magmaw for the mace, since the only reason to get this sword is for PvE i assume most of you are raiding.

Here it is http://www.wowhead.com/item=59492
    Last edited by Trispec; 2011-01-01 at 10:15 PM.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by strakttt View Post
    335 troll artifacts solved (What is that, like 10k+ fragments?) ... and no sword yet.
    wow very unlucky ... havent got mine yet, but only at 65

On an almost related note: I'm about to hit 450 on my second char and plan on staying there.
    Does anyone know whether you can get Zin Rokh at 450/450, or only from 450/525 onwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarjon View Post
    On an almost related note: I'm about to hit 450 on my second char and plan on staying there.
    Does anyone know whether you can get Zin Rokh at 450/450, or only from 450/525 onwards?
    Only once you train Illustrious (525 max).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    ~360ish solves after 450 atm :/