Deleted

Archaeology Buggy Digsite

Ok, i just recently got to 525 arch, so i'm trying to get some tol'vir items.. But i must obviously do some Kalimdor digsites..

Problem is i'm stuck at this Dire Maul digsite.. I'm right at the edge of the border of the digsite and it's pointing green outside the digsite, i've tried doing from different sides, on the branch and everything but it's not letting me get it.

Here's some pictures to show you what i mean:

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...310153051.jpg/ - Showing you the direction the thing is pointing in

http://img841.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...310153113.jpg/ - Can't use that here?

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/wowscrn...310153156.jpg/ - The digsite map

Has anyone encountered this? If so how did you fix it?

If it is how you describe, which seems unlikely but I'm not going to doubt you, call a GM. Cite the issue and they should be able to do something of some kind.

Go solve another site completely, and when you return to that bugged site, it'll be reachable.. Happened to me a few times
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

I've had the same before, just do another digsite and come back to it later, seemed to solve the issue for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingedtoast View Post
    Go solve another site completely, and when you return to that bugged site, it'll be reachable.. Happened to me a few times
    Ok, thanks. If that fails to work i'll get a GM as Warhunt said.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I got this bug, how you fix it is, dig at another digsite fully, then return to diremaul. It will randomize the diremaul digsite again, hopefully you dont get that bugged out corner. This is how I fixed it. Supposedly Blizzard knows about it and is going to remove the diremaul digsite soon.

Edit: dang took too long to type

Quote Originally Posted by Alkama View Post
    Ok, thanks. If that fails to work i'll get a GM as Warhunt said.

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Yeh it should work, it's fixed it everytime for me.. Obviously it's not a perfect solution to the problem (And I get it in exactly the same place as you) but it's a temporary work around

Only becomes REALLY annoying when your closest digsites are like.. Winterspring
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Happened to me too and I did the same thing Wingedtoast did, but then I remembered there's some sort of tunnel under DM's arena. Can you reach that spot by going underground?

I got something similar while surveing Thendol's Spam bridge. The marker kept saying I was on the right spot, but no artifact appeared, that's when I realized I could jump down and survey at the same vertical spot in a different layer of the bridge and found the artifact. Markers only show the horizontal direction, but vertical matters too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingedtoast View Post
    This.
    And.. I've had the exact same problem in the exact same zone a couple of times. but "this" is the way I've gotten my fragments at the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbaclot View Post
    Happened to me too and I did the same thing Wingedtoast did, but then I remembered there's some sort of tunnel under DM's arena. Can you reach that spot by going underground?

I got something similar while surveing Thendol's Spam bridge. The marker kept saying I was on the right spot, but no artifact appeared, that's when I realized I could jump down and survey at the same vertical spot in a different layer of the bridge and found the artifact. Markers only show the horizontal direction, but vertical matters too.
    Bumbaclot is indeed right there. Although if the vertical direction is very big, like when for example digging at the wrong place on Vashj'ir's multi-level complex. It does show the other color. So if you get a yellow marker for example, walk a few yards, and get another yellow marker where you just came from, you know for sure that it's a bit higher or lower.

---------- Post added 2010-12-23 at 08:12 PM ----------

By the way, another digsite that might APPEAR buggy is the Infectis Scar digsite in the Eastern Plaguelands. It has 1 dig which is quite close to the edge, but still requires a lot of good manouvering. This might be a bit easier with the slightly enhanced radius of your surveys now.