Thread: Fear

Deleted

Fear

Does a mob thats feared pull other mobs (ie: a patrol) that walks through them?

i guess he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    It should. Tho there is a glyph that keeps the feared target in place if I´m not mistaking?
    That's true, both Fear and Psychic Scream have glyphs which will cause the target to cower in fear instead of flee, because mobs under the effect of fear will aggro other mobs they run in to.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    I'm talking about a glyph'd fear, would that still pull patrols if they were to walk through it?

HE specifically said "pulls a mob that walks through them" so I would assume that he means even if it is stationary. In this case the answer is yes, from what I saw of our fearing CC last night in Tol Vir

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    It should. Tho there is a glyph that keeps the feared target in place if I´m not mistaking?
    The glyph makes the target cower in one place rather than run around. However any targets in the immediate vicinity of your feared target will still aggro you regardless. The glyph doesn't change that, so do fear with care.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitalpha View Post
    I'm talking about a glyph'd fear, would that still pull patrols if they were to walk through it?
    Any mob that walks into the group you're fighting, will aggro. As the others have stated - There is a glyph that will make them stay in one place, instead of running around. To answer your question - Yes, the pat will pull if it walks near the CC'd mob.

May be anaecdotal but Banish seems to have less chance of pulling nearby patrols than glyphed fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitalpha View Post
    I have had a Pat walk right by my CC'd (feared) mob, mind you he was very far away from the pack we were killing. The CC itself didn't pull the Pat.

It depends. If its linked to any other mobs, Yes.
    If its a mob who aids other mobs, Yes.
    If its a Yellow? No.

Sheesh...CC'd mobs will NOT aggro patrolling mobs. Not sap, not sheep, not banish, not hex, not glyphed fear, not frost traps. Did Grim Batol the other day, the 2nd boss walked THROUGH a sheep AND a fear, and didn't aggro to us. Now nonglyphed fear will pull patrolling adds (along with half the instance), Death Coil'd mobs will aggro, as well as Psychic Horror-stunned mobs, though I have to say I'm not sure about glyphed Psychic Scream. Any patrols you think aggro'd because of a CC'd target actually aggro'd to someone in your group (imp on stay maybe? hunter pet sitting behind the trap because they just do that sometimes?)
    Last edited by Nessari; 2010-12-24 at 04:46 PM.